Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanie

VIP Member
Gosh, what a treat to grunk through all this after work. So much to unpack!

The kitten. Christ.

She's still hard at it with the Plastic Paddying, I see. It's not that she can't tap into or explore an Irish heritage, but couldn't she do it a bit less obnoxiously? Obviously her mum can be both Irish and from the North, so I don't think that stops Jack from genuinely having Irish heritage. But it's so exhaustingly superficial, isn't it?
She just wants to sound exotic.

Spoiler alert we are not.

It weirds me out how involved people get when they have any sort of Irish heritage.

I never actually celebrated st Paddy's Day till I spent the day outside NI. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I’ve just had a lovely cauliflower and pea curry with rice. Pleased I finished before reading here. Wtf is that soup 🤢

• Haha

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Thank(space)you Slopbot with this wonderful gift I believe even the sloppiest of slop will not affect the strong gut base this gift gives me!

Sorry I can’t spoiler because I’m a bit crap.
Did he not also give you a smeg to put them in?

Last edited:
  • Haha

MooBelle

VIP Member
Hope I'm not dropping this in the middle of a chaos!

Some of you may be familiar with NeuralBlender, the AI which creates images based on text you type into a field?

Well I left it to figure out what "Jack Monroe Christmas dinner" would look like, and after 2 hours it finally presented me with....this
Well, thanks for this. I'll be sleeping with the big light on tonight and pretty much every night.

• Haha

Skyfall

Chatty Member
I can't help but laugh at her saying she wouldn't be here if it weren't for the southend food bank. The food bank she went to once and then told her mum she went, who then came round with a big shop the next day 😆
Oh dear Jackie. When there’s knowledge like the above you gotta know you should get the feck ( Irish there for her Ma, who’s Irish don’t ya know) outta the pool

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
She was too late for the 90’s grunge era, IF she ever had a goth phase, it's more likely that it would be firmly in the noughties emo era. She's the right age for Paramore, MCR, panic at the disco, fallout boy - yes i’m naming all the basic Kerrang playlist but let's be honest, she's not going to get anymore musically interesting than that.
I was too late for grunge and I’m 40. I was more Britpop era, which came straight afterwards.

Anyway, no need to over-analyse because we know she’s straight up lying. She never had a goth phase. Lying to her audience on Twitter is like breathing to Jack. When she’s high on engagement she’ll breathlessly agree with whatever a squig says to her.

Reactions: 23
The parsley sauce reference has taken me right back to school dinners (in the late ‘60’s) - ham slices with disgusting parsley sauce 🤢.
It always reminded me of sick. Unfortunately, in those days you had to clear your plate before you could leave the dinner hall☹

Or liquor. Stock, cornflour, white pepper and a fuckton of parsley with vinegar to cut through the lumps of mashed potato made without any butter or milk and make double double slightly less dry. Still better than the jellied eel that you tipped from the pot into your mouth to have in one, leaving the spine on your tongue.

I far preferred sitting at the kitchen table with a pin to get the winkles out of their coal black shells, feeling briefly sorry for the tiny pink hermit crabs and putting tons of white pepper on the vinegared cockles so you'd try not to sneeze as the sourness made you shudder. It was also better than a huge plate of floured sprats staring at you sadly from the pan.

The liquor could be made from the water Cod was poached in, rather than stock, as long as you added salt.

We haven't had East End Jack yet.

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
We all know that she labels her donations so that no good deed goes unnoticed, but has she taken to weighing her donations too now? Can we expect a “I’ve donated 1000kg of food” tweet sometime soon? (Omitting the fact that half of the weight is the tins themselves…)
Does she include the weight of the creates?

• Haha

KebabGirl

VIP Member
Maybe Jack should try something new, and produce jigsaws of her food pics? Fun for all the family: first you put it together, then you have to guess what the dish is supposed to be!
Now you say this, I think she was fishing for someone to say just that. Oh, your pictures are so kindly lovely use one of them!

Website still down. Cartel shop shows no sign of the leafy delight.

I'm working, have been for over an hour. Fuming! However is what you get for taking a reasonably paid job. I think of it as my gift to the Treasury - more tax will be paid :ROFLMAO:

• Heart

Liblet

Of course she is “poor” but feeds her cats premium treats twice the cost of supermarket own 🤦‍♀️

She was too late for the 90’s grunge era, IF she ever had a goth phase, it's more likely that it would be firmly in the noughties emo era. She's the right age for Paramore, MCR, panic at the disco, fallout boy - yes i’m naming all the basic Kerrang playlist but let's be honest, she's not going to get anymore musically interesting than that.
Don't say that. It'll mean we get Rockabilly Jack in about a year's time, going 'Who remembers Hell Bunny and Blue Banana? Wasn't it a shame that Lindy Bop closed down and here are my brand new leopardprint tattoos across my shoulders that I've had forever when a friend did them for me'.

• Haha
  • Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I can't help but laugh at her saying she wouldn't be here if it weren't for the southend food bank. The food bank she went to once and then told her mum she went, who then came round with a big shop the next day 😆
@southendfooban there’s no k at the end!

Last edited:
  • Haha