Jack Monroe #227 Between major and priest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This communicator of the year bollocks has really rinsed my beans. How dare they say 'along with Marcus Rashford' as if she was an equal part of the campaign! All she did was try to elbow her way into the media, had a Twitter rant about why only she should be allowed to write about- and make money from- the issue and 'founded' a hashtag which no one understood, or used. Whereas Marcus calmly and diligently wrote to Ministers, raised awareness, visited schools, and did the Tom Kerridge partnership, all whilst on the receiving end of racist abuse from right wing tabloids.

When Jack gets a place on one of these lists, or panels, or talk shows, she is taking up space of more articulate, more relevant people (usually people with actual-not made up- lived experience). There are loads of up-and-coming campaigners who I follow who have raised awareness about issues such as race, violence against women, vaccine inequality, the situation in Afghanistan etc. this year and it would probably mean something to them to be included on one of these lists. Yet the media is so white, middle class and elitist that they pick someone like Jack, who is just like them, in place of someone who is actually making a difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
I think someone close to her really needs to intervene.

She needs more help. Whatever she may be she doesn't need to be pulling stupid stunts for attention or to get herself out of trouble. She has a troubled mind and she really needs to work in it. Not only for herself but her son.

She really upset me yesterday with her silly unthoughtful triggering behaviour. It's about time at 33 that she took a good hard look at herself and worked out what she wants to do going forward.

The world's a cruel hard place to navigate. She needs to own her tit, if necessary quit her current job and find something that doesn't turn her into A mere husk of a person. The only person that can truly help her is herself.

She needs to stop being so callous and malicious to those well meaning and learn to be more humble and grateful.

Good luck pet, you really need it.
By the sounds of it though, Jack has had more help than most. She's very privileged to have had all the help she has. She needs to help herself though which she won't do, as she doesn't look at herself honestly and see what she needs to work on. When you play the victim all the time and don't believe that anything is your fault, how can you ever improve? 🤷
Personally, I think she's just a selfish bleep and she won't ever change.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I think someone close to her really needs to intervene.

She needs more help. Whatever she may be she doesn't need to be pulling stupid stunts for attention or to get herself out of trouble. She has a troubled mind and she really needs to work in it. Not only for herself but her son.

She really upset me yesterday with her silly unthoughtful triggering behaviour. It's about time at 33 that she took a good hard look at herself and worked out what she wants to do going forward.

The world's a cruel hard place to navigate. She needs to own her tit, if necessary quit her current job and find something that doesn't turn her into A mere husk of a person. The only person that can truly help her is herself.

She needs to stop being so callous and malicious to those well meaning and learn to be more humble and grateful.

Good luck pet, you really need it.
Sorry you felt like this and I hope you are feeling better now ❤.

In my more sympathetic moments, I would have said she was feeling remorseful yesterday, hence the delete and pensive walk to the sea. However, when you need some time to think (and go to those places that allow you to do just that), why would you tweet and take photos for your 300k followers?

None of the stuff that followed the horror of the DC thing yesterday was real. It was all for show. I am pretty convinced of that. In doing so, Jack upset numerous people on here and obviously worried a number of her followers and potentially people in her area.

She will read back here, realise that her behaviour is having an impact and repeat it (just like she does with the ED and MH stuff).

As you say, things are not right and no number of MH professionals can help her, only she has the power to fix this now.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
The 🦊 🐱 mix up is hilarious. One is a canine the other is feline, not even remotely similar ya prune.

What did the fox say.

I'm not a cat, you idiot!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
This communicator of the year bollocks has really rinsed my beans. How dare they say 'along with Marcus Rashford' as if she was an equal part of the campaign! All she did was try to elbow her way into the media, had a Twitter rant about why only she should be allowed to write about- and make money from- the issue and 'founded' a hashtag which no one understood, or used. Whereas Marcus calmly and diligently wrote to Ministers, raised awareness, visited schools, and did the Tom Kerridge partnership, all whilst on the receiving end of racist abuse from right wing tabloids.

When Jack gets a place on one of these lists, or panels, or talk shows, she is taking up space of more articulate, more relevant people (usually people with actual-not made up- lived experience). There are loads of up-and-coming campaigners who I follow who have raised awareness about issues such as race, violence against women, vaccine inequality, the situation in Afghanistan etc. this year and it would probably mean something to them to be included on one of these lists. Yet the media is so white, middle class and elitist that they pick someone like Jack, who is just like them, in place of someone who is actually making a difference.
Maybe forward this to them?

Reactions: 20
For a spot of light relief, here's one from the archives: Jack makes red rice pudding. It turns out brownish-grey.

Screenshot_20211210-091905_Chrome.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58

The BBC have their 100 Most Influential Woman up and it really makes you realise what these woman are trying to achieve especially in Afghanistan. They all face real danger everyday trying to make their part of the world a better place. Jack, darling, have a word with yourself and stop trying to ride on other people's coat tails. There appears to not be an authentic bone in your body. Put your phone away after yesterday's disgusting behaviour. It wasn't big and neither was it clever.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
For a spot of light relief, here's one from the archives: Jack makes red rice pudding. It turns out brownish-grey.

View attachment 915683
It looks like those maggots you put on the end of a fishing rod. She has no idea how haggered hands and textures and wallpapers go together to form an artistic picture does she?
She’s like an eight year old adding the vivid warm filter for the first time. But repeatedly.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
By the sounds of it though, Jack has had more help than most. She's very privileged to have had all the help she has. She needs to help herself though which she won't do, as she doesn't look at herself honestly and see what she needs to work on. When you play the victim all the time and don't believe that anything is your fault, how can you ever improve? 🤷
Personally, I think she's just a selfish bleep and she won't ever change.
I agree totally. She's had more help for one person than most people would ever get, and it's done absolutely sweet FA. She's incapable of changing

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Maybe…. She doesn’t have MH issues? Maybe she’s just thoroughly nasty? 🤷🏼‍♂️
This! So much. I don't think there's anything "wrong" with her other than a horrible personality. I don't believe anything she's said about her addiction, treatment, mental health or other diagnoses. Ordinarily I would never doubt someone speaking about such things but she's a proven liar and she makes zero progress in anything. I would feel bad about doubting her but then she continues to behave appallingly.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.