Jack Monroe #227 Between major and priest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cauliflower and parsley and kale soup.

How hasn't this mx of words discovered the comma?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Don't think it's been answered but @Lanie yes, website still down. I can still ping the URL and resolves to the same address as yesterday.
Guess work will be it has failed a security check (a penetration test, yes that's real terminology) and needs upgrading. Or the certificate that makes it secure https isn't accepted by the host company.

If I get time tomorrow I'll nose further but actually worked 14.5 hours today and can't face it now!

If I had an accountants bill and possible tax bill pending I'd want the site running for that lovely ad & aff link cash.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Why 3 bowls?

Pasta looks likes it's been sitting out for hours and dried.

The soup sounds foul and claggy.

More prunes. Nope.

Don't think it's been answered but @Lanie yes, website still down. I can still ping the URL and resolves to the same address as yesterday.
Guess work will be it has failed a security check (a penetration test, yes that's real terminology) and needs upgrading. Or the certificate that makes it secure https isn't accepted by the host company.

If I get time tomorrow I'll nose further but actually worked 14.5 hours today and can't face it now!

If I had an accountants bill and possible tax bill pending I'd want the site running for that lovely ad & aff link cash.
Hope it's sorted soon she's has to post her recipies handwritten with her poorly hands.

Hope it's sorted soon she's has to post her recipies handwritten with her poorly hands.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I know nothing about tax stuff but is it normal for so many companies to be registered at one address? Is Jack actually a tax-savvy Tory who knows how to play the system whilst claiming poverty?
No one on the minimum wage has this option.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Just got this email from Aldi. This is the sort of thing Jack should be sharing.

“From Sunday 19th December, our range of fresh whole turkeys and Turkey crowns will be in store. All are top quality, British-reared and available at lower prices than any other supermarket.

We have lowered our prices on Christmas veg too and from next week, our Super 6 offer will have carrots, potatoes, brussels sprouts, parsnips, cabbage and swede for just 19p per pack – available in store from Thursday 16th December until Friday 24th December.”

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Jack can’t delay her essay by being ill forever, so cue the arthritis! She’s managing to tweet though, brave thing. She wants us to ask why the three bowls, so I shan’t!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
I call performative bollox. Nobody would write a recipe note for themselves and put ‘225g pasta, I used conchiglie’. Nobody. Ever.
Also using generic word pasta and then Picking a type is weird as pasta is definate sizes and shapes. You use more orzo than conchiglie due to the size and weight difference. Why doesn't she just write conchiglie.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.