Jack Monroe #225 The squit has hit the pan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am grateful that I don't have 20 bookcases or the need to shift them and their contents around my house in order to validate myself on social media.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
I am 🦉 🍾 at those photos and feel mean for doing so but that attempt at eyeshadow is hilarious.

She loves blending her food, I wish she’d learn to blend her make up as well.
BIB made me hoot - also is it too salty (possibly too early) for a thread title?

I'm grateful I haven't had to look at any pictures of fish for a few days.
Me too!!! I could cry with relief.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
My daughters are 13 and 15 they are adult sized but shorter, probably about the size of Jack. First they would not be seen dead wearing something from the ASDA kids section because the clothes are not cool (it’s apparently cool to wear things off shien that do not fit). If I wore something from the ASDA kids section and posted it on the Internet they would literally die.

I’ve had to stop drinking for medical reasons, no issues but omg, people don’t like it do they? This week so many people have told me I should just drink a bit to be more fun, including my physiotherapist and the surgeon who is fixing my back, and some mums I met for the first time today. Massive solidarity with people having these conversations for years. (I am fine just paying for the stupid expat party lifestyle with terrible cholesterol and liver function and blood pressure)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
I am grateful my eyeshadow doesn't make it look as if an abscess has discharged its contents onto my eyelid.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
of course, if anyone is desperate to see some tinned fish, our pal @charlesv is posting reviews of the contents of his sardine advent calendar on twitter!

today is mackerel....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
My daughters are 13 and 15 they are adult sized but shorter, probably about the size of Jack. First they would not be seen dead wearing something from the ASDA kids section because the clothes are not cool (it’s apparently cool to wear things off shien that do not fit). If I wore something from the ASDA kids section and posted it on the Internet they would literally die.

I’ve had to stop drinking for medical reasons, no issues but omg, people don’t like it do they? This week so many people have told me I should just drink a bit to be more fun, including my physiotherapist and the surgeon who is fixing my back, and some mums I met for the first time today. Massive solidarity with people having these conversations for years. (I am fine just paying for the stupid expat party lifestyle with terrible cholesterol and liver function and blood pressure)
flip straight back to them. If they ask why & you don’t feel comfortable divulging what is actually v personal medical info just say what answer are you expecting from this question? Or if they keep pushing ask why does this matter to you? This isn’t a Mumsnet bullshit zinger but it tends to help ppl piece together that they’re crossing a pretty reasonable boundary.

You’ll always get one scrawny bloke in an overwashed H&M Breton who has no personality outside of his 2017 fad dog and vinyl collection who will pursue this convo to the bleeping death though. 😴 Like it’s not tragically boring enough being stuck talking to them they now want you to admit to your family’s back catalogue of MH issues and trauma. This is why I do only do one out of hours social event per job 😂

Surely lemon juice would make an egg sort of split? Suppose it would have to be cooked through for that tho.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
It wasn't just tweets. She has a podcast with her equally horrible daughter. There's a tweet which someone put together with all the nasty recordings.
General bullying and nastiness, but also racial slurs especially the 'P' word for travellers. Several times her daughter says 'you can't say that' and they both shriek with laughter. It is horrible.
Nicola Sturgeon stood up for Godley and said to forgive her which shocked me, I have no idea how JG has reached the status of national treasure in Scotland. I don't think she will be cancelled but she won't be getting the big gigs like the Scottish government adverts or the National Theatre shows.

I actually met JG once and had a good chat with her. It was after a gig where she was support and we were both waiting for a taxi outside. She was actually pretty nice and friendly. She does have some good qualities as well as the racism and unionist baiting.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
It's just...so embarrassing. The constant, constant need to upload selfies and be told she looks fabulous. The Facetune is off the scale, you can always tell when she's gone overboard with it because her earrings get obliterated in the process, and those are her fantasy teeth. She's obviously made shopping in the kids section her new thing which is all kinds of red flag material. Seek help Jack.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
It's just...so embarrassing. The constant, constant need to upload selfies and be told she looks fabulous. The Facetune is off the scale, you can always tell when she's gone overboard with it because her earrings get obliterated in the process, and those are her fantasy teeth. She's obviously made shopping in the kids section her new thing which is all kinds of red flag material. Seek help Jack.
I thought the aparthotel thing was months of help? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.