Jack Monroe #225 The squit has hit the pan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mention of "Mrs J" in the recipe feels ...needy and smug at the same time.
One of those people who says 'we' all the time like they're surgically attached. All very lovely until it starts to make you think about the human centipede.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Check out her reply to the cat person. So combative. She’s very careful you know, presumably apart from when she was swigging angostura from the bottle

How long til this gets deleted?!

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Jack is finally right - nobody wants to hear the rambling nonsense about how these oils were acquired, in the same way nobody is interested in the rambling explanation of why there’s no rambling explanation 🙃 no one cares!!!!

In any case, we all know Jack seems to have a shopping and hoarding addiction so we assume that’s the basis for Jack possession anything (and everything. In triplicate)

• Heart
Reactions: 49
We all know the puddle is full of essential oils. Same around here, babe. I can't move for essential oils in puddles. T'was ever thus.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
How salty is she to that cat person?! And then basically gaslighting them afterwards. Learn some restraint, Jack.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Surely you would keep the squash in the fridge for swigging during the night. I mean she has enough fridges.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
You have to hand it to her - her procrastination methods get increasingly, um, creative. When was it she most recently promised to put some more recipes on her website? And yet she still hasn't updated it since April, while she's faffing around with old plastic bottles and bedtime fragrances.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I remember as a kid, my mum would leather me for making potions in the bath. A bit of shower gel, a squirt of Dove, use dads razor to shave off some soap and whack it all in the beaker that holds the toothbrushes & give it a swizz around using my brothers toothbrush. I was maybe 9 or 10. Not a fully fledged adult! Grow Up, Jack!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Work are doing a food bank collection for local charities this Christmas.

I’m really surprised to see prunes not on the list of essentials they need? In fact, there isn’t any tinned fish either. How strange considering it’s the only two ingredients Jack uses in low cost dishes.

BEAA5817-CACF-494E-9E93-ADCDB8DAB4B2.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Surely you would keep the squash in the fridge for swigging during the night. I mean she has enough fridges.
I don’t swig from the bottle of concentrated squash? Why would you?
ETA she’s got enough bloody mugs and crockery and vases

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Squigs replying that the essential oils are called “essential” for a reason.

Give me strength.

They aren’t like the 9 essential amino acids that are, ESSENTIAL, you know.

Edit- the word ‘essential’ has now lost all meaning

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I remember as a kid, my mum would leather me for making potions in the bath. A bit of shower gel, a squirt of Dove, use dads razor to shave off some soap and whack it all in the beaker that holds the toothbrushes & give it a swizz around using my brothers toothbrush. I was maybe 9 or 10. Not a fully fledged adult! Grow Up, Jack!!!!!
I used to call this game “drop dead Fred” as was badly influenced by the misbehaving in the movie

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I like the way Mrs LJC smothers hers in hot sauce. Like 'I need to make this taste of something ..... anything.'
Haha, that was my first thought too.

As an aside, I was just in a post office which is in a WHSmith and while I was waiting in the long, slow queue of mithering ninnies, I browsed the book section. There were five books from Nadiya, three from Miguel, a whole shelf for Jamie and Nigella, several from Mary and lots of other nobodies I've never heard of.

Not a trace of our favourite smol pixie. I had to suppress a🦉and a 🍾.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Why would you swig from a squash bottle in the middle of the night?

Squash needs diluting?
Also, in the middle of the night suggests getting out of bed. So is she swigging undiluted squash and then brushing her teeth again or is she swigging and then going straight back to bed?

So many questions.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.