Jack Monroe #225 The squit has hit the pan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going back to everyone’s posts about nuts ( I forgot who- sorry but they are all bang on 😊). Some schools are going completely nut free now- teachers and students aren’t allowed to bring things containing nuts in as well as the food the school cooks has to be nut free too.

Her minging pudding just goes to show how completely naive she is to the current dietary issues going on. She wangs on about fish being good for her mental health (ok hun, shall we all buy MH’s book too? 😖) and tells us all to buy whole grain rice packets (£££) but then encourages children to eat potentially fatal nuts and definitely disgusting boiled dried fruit.

Just make a fridge cake ffs.

I am bored with her tit. I am bored with the fact that there are people out there who are fab at their jobs who are being overlooked in favour of her because she looks the part, sounds the part and has embellished to fit the part.

Really sorry to those who have had to dream about her too.
Steaming is such a noninteractive form of cookery for children. Yes, there is science and a potential for the teaching of, but it is really boring to wait around for a steamed pud when you are young. The olfactory pleasure is limited too. Not a lot of scent comes from a tightly-sealed pudding bowl.

Reactions: 36
Steaming is such a noninteractive form of cookery for children. Yes, there is science and a potential for the teaching of, but it is really boring to wait around for a steamed pud when you are young. The olfactory pleasure is limited too. Not a lot of scent comes from a tightly-sealed pudding bowl.
I have been trying extremely hard to be fair here, and as a total outsider who does not do anything remotely Xmassy I can see the 'boiled pudding'as part of that Victorian feasting tradition? So you could make a sort of case for it being a bit 'educational' and 'different' to take that as a starting point, but there is still absolutely no excuse for the nuts, teaspoons and cooking time especially for something aimed at this age group. (Not getting into it on dried fruit #prunedefender)

Reactions: 31
Actually getting myself quite upset thinking about this woman trying to get Jack's recipes to work and blaming herself when they don't (I am super hormonal at the moment tbf).

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 11.05.33.png

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Actually getting myself quite upset thinking about this woman trying to get Jack's recipes to work and blaming herself when they don't (I am super hormonal at the moment tbf).

View attachment 896805
I would tweet Ruby’s alternative version of her book. Made especially for this kind of situation.

Every recipe in Jack’s books have an essay at the beginning talking about … Jack. I would love to put it through an age reader to see exactly how accessible it is for different readers.

I have been trying extremely hard to be fair here, and as a total outsider who does not do anything remotely Xmassy I can see the 'boiled pudding'as part of that Victorian feasting tradition? So you could make a sort of case for it being a bit 'educational' and 'different' to take that as a starting point, but there is still absolutely no excuse for the nuts, teaspoons and cooking time especially for something aimed at this age group. (Not getting into it on dried fruit #prunedefender)
Jack needs to read “At Christmas we Feast” by Annie Gray if she really wanted the traditional ideals of Christmas pudding and not a half-hearted, nutty monstrosity.

Once again, others are doing it so much better than her, yet she gets the gig.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
In less depressing news, Mom has tagged one of our honorary Frau nominees in her latest insta post 🥰 🥰

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I would tweet Ruby’s alternative version of her book. Made especially for this kind of situation.

Every recipe in Jack’s books have an essay at the beginning talking about … Jack. I would love to put it through an age reader to see exactly how accessible it is for different readers.
They're for an official reading age of sixth form dinner party head. Big 'check the word count' energy.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

View attachment 896805
Not just you. I hate it. I bet she’ll offer to ‘ping a couple over’ and never do it.

Just get her a Delia book FFS Sqig! They are tested a billion times and ALWAYS work.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Don't bother squigs. I bought a copy when I was hoodwinked and never made a single recipe as they were all so unappetitising.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Don't bother squigs. I bought a copy when I was hoodwinked and never made a single recipe as they were all so unappetitising.
Has she ever made anything that looks nice?

I just had a look at her website and can’t see anything that doesn’t look like the contents of a bedpan.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

View attachment 896805

There are soon good resources for people with learning disabilities like the PDFs from that website where there are loads of pictures and everything is nicely laid out.

Jack's books with their lack of pictures and long drawn out monologues would be no use at all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.