Jack Monroe #221 She is the antichrist of nourishment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Checked the calorie count of the Dishoom dish (yes, I'm boring and bored). It comes out at 2200 calories for 8-10 people (so 220-275 calories per portion), it states cleary to serve it with chapati (another 120-200 calories) and it's presented as a dish that would be part of a larger meal.

I'd say smaller portion with small chapati = 360 calories = part of larger meal
bigger portion with bigger chapati = 475 calories = lunch portion or light dinner

Does anyone care? I'm not sure even I do.
I care that you have done this. We all care.

More to the point though… is Dishoom a chain?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Goddamit, I hate it when I miss a chaos.

Anyhoo, here's the reason Jack's LEGENDARY AMAZING WORLD FAMOUS roast potatoes look greasy and horrible.

Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 09.07.47.png

And here's her butter bean 'cassoulet'

Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 09.08.51.png

Almost tempted to try this to see how bad it is , however the poster has cut out half the recipe (praise beans).

Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 09.11.55.png

FEFwVG7XIAgg0-I-1.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
A recipe that calls itself 5 ingredients and the proceeds to list 6!

Unless for some reason the butter doesn’t count because it’s only for lining…

A recipe that calls itself 5 ingredients and the proceeds to list 6!

Unless for some reason the butter doesn’t count because it’s only for liningj

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I love the way Jack tells her poor reader to discard the prune stones :D

• Haha
Reactions: 32
OH MY GOD I've just been looking for the full recipe of the 5 ingredient sticky toffee pudding and found this instead - the 5 ingredient salted caramel yule log. You'll never guess what one of those ingredients is! It's ... an Asda Swiss roll!! This must surely rival her tomato soup recipe (in which the main ingredient is a tin of tomato soup).*

Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 09.19.34.png

Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 09.25.24.png

*I know I've written this post almost word-for-word before, but about a different recipe. Sorry for the boringness but I am OBSESSED.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
OH MY GOD I've just been looking for the full recipe of the 5 ingredient sticky toffee pudding and found this instead - the 5 ingredient salted caramel yule log. You'll never guess what one of those ingredients is! It's ... an Asda Swiss roll!! This must surely rival her tomato soup recipe (in which the main ingredient is a tin of tomato soup).*

View attachment 864753
View attachment 864757

*I know I've written this post almost word-for-word before, but about a different recipe. Sorry for the boringness but I am OBSESSED.
I might report her for using illegal sprinkles. I would love it if that was the thing that finally took her down.

Done and done.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
So, one of the main benefits of the Asda Swiss roll is that it’s so chock-full of preservatives and other crap that it stays soft after being left out all night? #wholesome

383EEC8E-2B7D-40AC-9AE9-D2C86F82C519.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35

View attachment 864753
View attachment 864757

i’m a busy person…

imagine Mummy writing, I’m not going to cook stuff I’m too busy. It’s literally your bleeping job!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
i’m a busy person…

imagine Mummy writing, I’m not going to cook stuff I’m too busy. It’s literally your bleeping job!
So glad she took the time out of her BUSY schedule to write an entire 'recipe' about decorating an Asda Swiss roll.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Well, do YOU care for blood and tears and martyrdom? 😂
I think I would rather she use ready made than use her “blend everything together until it is the wrong consistency” technique.

Curdled lardcream icing anyone?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30

View attachment 864753
View attachment 864757

I have a recipe for a one ingredient Yule Log.

Go to Tesco, buy a Yule Log (other premade brands are available, I just live near Tesco)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.