Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Read @BeautifulTrauma posts to my fella. He burst out laughing at 'it looks like dog turd'.

Also he's a great cook. He's Lithuanian and is now talking about writing a cook book. Because 'if she can't cook and she can do it, why couldn't I?' indeed babe. Indeed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
The cake was soaking up the prune juice, so I’ve no idea how she managed the photo she did with it lying on top.

It just felt really dense to put a spoon through and some cakes I get it are meant to be, but even the smell was revolting. Never again. She’s a conwoman.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
The cake was soaking up the prune juice, so I’ve no idea how she managed the photo she did with it lying on top.

It just felt really dense to put a spoon through and some cakes I get it are meant to be, but even the smell was revolting. Never again. She’s a conwoman.
I hope u got some loo roll in Asda earlier too

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I tried one tiny bite but from someone who doesn’t like prunes it wasn’t the best person to taste.

1) It never hid the taste of the prunes from the ‘youngling’. If he doesn’t like prunes, don’t put them in a bleeping cake.
2) It was really thick, like when you eat a sponge pudding but it was just gross. I think I was very aware there was cooking oil in it and it was making me feel gross trying it.
3) The taste just wasn’t for me. Prunes soaked in prune juice, again I totally don’t get why she’d give it to her son who doesn’t like them.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 79
She doesn't understand the chemistry of baking.
This. I really want someone like Ann Reardon from How To Cook That to debunk Jack's recipes, especially from the substandard nutrition and portion sizes point of view.

I can imagine the gnashing and wailing if one of her course tutors was to use her recipes as an example of poor practice 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Been browsing the DKL hashtag. This looks dry as a bone! I thought it was a burnt fruit crumble but apparently it is Jack’s lasagne recipe
0B895349-63B9-4A74-BB67-C7065424118E.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
@BeautifulTrauma did you leave it in for the alleged 40 mins or was it a myth?
I followed it to the letter. 40 minutes. The kitchen stank of something that was meant to be cake but didn’t smell quite right, she definitely did not taste that bleeping tit on a spoon before posting it.

I would die to see her post a slab of that shite to her Twitter followers, they obviously need to see sense and prune cake should sort that out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.