Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never feel clever/witty enough to post in this thread so I lurk from the sidelines, but I've popped in to say I thoroughly enjoyed the live cookalong though I have now been put off cooking my dinner.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
Come on Jack, Beautiful-T took one for the team and actually ATE some of your wet turd in a tin cake, balls in your court now! Grab a dirty spoon and eat it yourself!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I followed it to the letter. 40 minutes. The kitchen stank of something that was meant to be cake but didn’t smell quite right, she definitely did not taste that bleeping tit on a spoon before posting it.

I would die to see her post a slab of that shite to her Twitter followers, they obviously need to see sense and prune cake should sort that out.
Jack is just a food criminal but thank you for your effort to prove it. How she’s got away with it for so long is beyond belief.

An aside, I had a look for @GrunkaLunka earlier and saw the thread title Bum MInts :D

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I tried one tiny bite but from someone who doesn’t like prunes it wasn’t the best person to taste.

1) It never hid the taste of the prunes from the ‘youngling’. If he doesn’t like prunes, don’t put them in a bleeping cake.
2) It was really thick, like when you eat a sponge pudding but it was just gross. I think I was very aware there was cooking oil in it and it was making me feel gross trying it.
3) The taste just wasn’t for me. Prunes soaked in prune juice, again I totally don’t get why she’d give it to her son who doesn’t like them.

Nothing more to add.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Cake. Wasn't there mention of a caesarean? So, prunes or no prunes, no cake at all for the youngling. Unless she counted him on the way in, which sounds a bit like cheating to me.*

Also: 200 units a week? That's almost two cases of wine. No wonder she couldn't afford butter.

*Sorry if this is a little obscure. If confused, check for cake in 'Jack for Dummies' in the Wiki.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Jack is just a food criminal but thank you for your effort to prove it. How she’s got away with it for so long is beyond belief.

An aside, I had a look for @GrunkaLunka earlier and saw the thread title Bum MInts :D
Jackie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Jackie?
You've been hit by, you've been slopped by, a Food Criminal!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Did a squig genuinely ask if she’d poured gravy over it? And accepted this would be an ok thing to pour over the “cake”?

I am 🍾 🦉 over here at this and then @BeautifulTrauma lived up to her name and created a trauma in a tin. I salute you, dear heart. You took one for the team, you brave, brave Frau.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I never feel clever/witty enough to post in this thread so I lurk from the sidelines, but I've popped in to say I thoroughly enjoyed the live cookalong though I have now been put off cooking my dinner.
Hey I “know“ you from the celeb gossip threads! We’re just a bunch of mithering ninnies here really. Get used to being put off your dinner, but also, please try not to eat or drink while reading along, because you will laugh out loud at the wrong moment!

@BeautifulTrauma I don‘t know if I’m horrified or impressed that you tasted that, you really took one for the team!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Genuine question, do you put breadcrumbs on a lasagna?
I guess if it's not quite dry enough for you and you want more of an arid landscape effect with your dinner..?

(I don't personally on lasagne but some people make a cheesy/crunchy topping on baked pasta dishes by using breadcrumbs with the cheese)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
If you were craving chocolate cake (and if you were skint, which I always assume is one of the requirements when having to consult one of Jack's 'recipes') surely you would A) buy a wee cheap cake for £1 or so, or B) buy a packet mix cake for a similar price.

That recipe is one of pure desperation and I don't mean moneywise, I mean stranded on a desert island and the only way to get off it is Mary Berry herself (rip) has demanded you produce a baked good out of those particular ingredients

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.