Jack Monroe #219 Why you sob? Russell Hobb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder, would a food processor work rather than a blender? As I’m under the impression all kitchen items are interchangeable anyway….

duck it guys, I’m off to get the ingredients. We’re attempting it with a food processor!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I wonder, would a food processor work rather than a blender? As I’m under the impression all kitchen items are interchangeable anyway….

duck it guys, I’m off to get the ingredients. We’re attempting it with a food processor!
YAS!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

I am sooooo here for this. Saturday night entertainment at its finest!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Her oven is most definately broken if she had that cake in there for 40 mins and it comes out sloppy. Also where the pebble dashed cake?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Can we have a category in The Sloppies for the best/worst cable recreation of Jack's recipes? Orphy B's sweaty slow cooker bread and @Fruitjack's hairy jackfruit patties still haunt me but I think without even seeing it I can declare @BeautifulTrauma's attempt will be a real contender.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Oh Vlad, you cad

View attachment 850368

There’s a reason that when kids want to bake with their parents on a weekend it’s usually fairy cakes, sandwich cakes and flapjacks… because everyone likes them and they’re a treat for the days off school with some left over for Monday’s lunchbox.

But no, Jack has to make a heavy sponge pudding (that isn’t a bleeping cake, Jack), convinced that she’s a lone maverick genius while her kid is occupying himself or at his dad’s and she tweets for approval rather than, I dunno, seeing all these amazing friends she apparently made at therapy? She really hasn’t changed at all and she still can’t cook.

Also, 75g of sugar across two trays?? That’s not a dessert. It’s about the same as a McDonald’s burger bun ffs. I know you think you’re a nutritional therapist now, Jack, but part of eating is experiencing joy in food (see: your pal Ruby) and being able to let go and indulge without fear, not using it to exacerbate whatever issues around food you have. Ugh.

ETA - sorry, just noticed the THREE kettle ad posts above my own. Repetitive and late, just like our Jack.
Wouldn't there be more sugar than that in the prunes and applesauce. Even with a smol pixie cake

ETA have just seen the recipe. It's 75g of added sugar

Reactions: 23
I have the goods.

(Just as a side note, it cost £4.03 for five of the items, so it’s certainly not 2p per serving or whatever it is she claims)

25067979-9A2A-4B51-9CBC-395991F2A814.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
Can we have a category in The Sloppies for the best/worst cable recreation of Jack's recipes? Orphy B's sweaty slow cooker bread and @Fruitjack's hairy jackfruit patties still haunt me but I think without even seeing it I can declare @BeautifulTrauma's attempt will be a real contender.
Rumour has it Hotes Oats have created their own ecosystem in the local landfill and are plotting to slowly but surely take over the universe

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.