Jack Monroe #214 Obviously not quite such a big name in Southend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"most of my Twitter feed probably think I’m a bloke anyway. It’s the name thing. And the muscles."

ok hun :rolleyes: 🥴

"One of the recent former Mr Jacks was a city boy"

"I didn’t quite fit into the Made In Chelsea circle of women that flitted about like glamorous bluebottles." Is this why she chooses the masculine aesthetic because she felt insecure?

"when I had £27,000 a year and £200 a month for food" but in poverty during pregnancy?

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨SCRAP ALL OF THE ABOVE -

Jacks dating profile is the most truthful shes ever been, except her jokes arent funny and she can't cook.

“Romantically inept firebrand left-winger seeks a 33 y/o, give or take a decade either side.
Has political-moniker cats and a silly bobble hat. Excellent cook, laughs at her own jokes (you’re advised to follow suit), likes late nights, early nights, lazy lie ins and early starts for big sea walks. Contradictory. Hilarious. Sweary when riled. Riled easily, but it blows over very quickly.
Likes red wine, pink wine, whisky, ale, high heels and higher hemlines.
Writes things. Makes things. Takes photos of things. Laid back in a slightly exhausting way.
Take her to a pub or the sea. Ply with booze so she loses the shy awkward girlish armour. And for gods sake read a newspaper or two before you turn up, or you won’t have anything to talk about.”

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
Why does a food writer/campaigner/activist/neverending bullshitter take this many selfies though that's what I wanna know

• Haha
Reactions: 37
What depressed person has the capability, or inclination, to take a selfie and then post it to SM?
To be fair I do this all the time, though not in a grifting/poor me way. I do think it’s a common misconception that depressed people are just crying into their cornflakes/granola and someone can look happy or healthy whilst being depressed. But this is also so bleeping typical and annoying of Jack, going from a narc high of “everything used to be awful and now it’s brilliant” to “I’m depressed welp”. If I was her sponsor I’d be livid lol - depression is normal in early sobriety and we are encouraged to talk to fellow alcoholics, BE OF SERVICE, meditate, practice the steps, meet with a sponsor, go to a meeting every day etc. Instead she’s just doing the same old performative online bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
It's March 2012 here, and Jack has a degree

I thought you were joking, but no. In 2012 she said that she had a degree. I can't, I just can't, believe how she can bare faced lie like that. Why does this sort of crap not get noticed by anyone but you lot of mithering ninnies?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
At least Jack is telling the truth for a sentence at least!

View attachment 819612
I think we can safely say that the padlock has been well and truly busted off now.

I'm glad you mentioned 2013. Have you all seen this many times already? (Probably, so delete if old drama)

But for me this is WTF?

Yet another fictional dinner party anecdote where the brave little pov gets sneered at by everyone else around the table.

She talks absolute SHITE.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm glad you mentioned 2013. Have you all seen this many times already? (Probably, so delete if old drama)

But for me this is WTF?

Just shows how out of touch with reality she is, as well as being a liar.
Òoooooh, AN UNEMPLOYED PERSON. No one would be shocked/horrified at meeting someone unemployed. Literally no one would have this reaction.

Reactions: 34
I thought you were joking, but no. In 2012 she said that she had a degree. I can't, I just can't, believe how she can bare faced lie like that. Why does this sort of crap not get noticed by anyone but you lot of mithering ninnies?
Based on her...unique relationship with the truth, she probably flicked through a prospectus from the University of Essex one afternoon. Degree? Completed it mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
To be fair I do this all the time, though not in a grifting/poor me way. I do think it’s a common misconception that depressed people are just crying into their cornflakes/granola and someone can look happy or healthy whilst being depressed. But this is also so bleeping typical and annoying of Jack, going from a narc high of “everything used to be awful and now it’s brilliant” to “I’m depressed welp”. If I was her sponsor I’d be livid lol - depression is normal in early sobriety and we are encouraged to talk to fellow alcoholics, BE OF SERVICE, meditate, practice the steps, meet with a sponsor, go to a meeting every day etc. Instead she’s just doing the same old performative online bullshit.
I do understand that people cover their depression and can even be the life and soul of a party. My partner says I could have been the greatest actor the way I cover up my true feelings in company. Very few people are aware of my true mental health. You lot know more than most of my friends, 'cause I don't want them to worry. Jack doesn't seem to care that her actions causes others to worry about her, even though most don't even know her.

However, I have never known a depressed person cover their true emotions with a huge smile, take a photograph and then tell everyone that she is masking her true feelings with the happy exterior. Why would you do such a thing? You paint on that smile because you don't want people to see how you are hurting. By telling everyone this is how she looks when depressed (though the other day it was all black and a surly look), she is defeating the object.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Oh dear @Wooh yes there is a lot of stuff just floating about on the internet, blog sites, abandoned instagrams etc. None more contradictory than coming out as non-binary, getting on testosterone whilst also signing up to Mrs Gloss and the goss make up group. Make it make sense? Not possible I’m afraid.

She’s wearing those funny earrings again...fully grunked yet Jack? Your social media addiction is spiralling, call your mum

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Also if depressed people are allowed to look happy then why did she dress up as a burglar to illustrate her misery instead of making that point the first time? Just admit you wanted to take a photo of yourself ya prune.
God, I love this thread.

It really was a burglar costume. Back head to toe, including beanie hat. Because black was the colour of her soul at that time, natch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Just found the screenshot, courtesy of @LeftToMyOwnDevices (never claimed it made the slightest bit of sense, mind!)

View attachment 819779
Got to say does she ever think how are behaviour could/ has effected her son, multiple suicide attempts, alcoholism, depression ( to the point she cannot function) i know alot of these things cannot be helped but this according to her as been going on since he wad born. I know she probably kept most it it as private as she could but kids pick up more than we realise.

Youd think she would try and sort herself out for her health, when her frist book came out she should have used the money to keep her plodding along while she got herself a decent paying realiable job.

Shes bascially squandered his childhood hoping from one episode to the next.

Again i know mental health is very important, i just dont get why she hasnt addressed her issues properly before now and tried to be there for him.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
"most of my Twitter feed probably think I’m a bloke anyway. It’s the name thing. And the muscles."

ok hun :rolleyes: 🥴

"One of the recent former Mr Jacks was a city boy"

"I didn’t quite fit into the Made In Chelsea circle of women that flitted about like glamorous bluebottles." Is this why she chooses the masculine aesthetic because she felt insecure?

"when I had £27,000 a year and £200 a month for food" but in poverty during pregnancy?

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨SCRAP ALL OF THE ABOVE -

Jacks dating profile is the most truthful shes ever been, except her jokes arent funny and she can't cook.

“Romantically inept firebrand left-winger seeks a 33 y/o, give or take a decade either side.
Has political-moniker cats and a silly bobble hat. Excellent cook, laughs at her own jokes (you’re advised to follow suit), likes late nights, early nights, lazy lie ins and early starts for big sea walks. Contradictory. Hilarious. Sweary when riled. Riled easily, but it blows over very quickly.
Writes things. Makes things. Takes photos of things. Laid back in a slightly exhausting way.
Take her to a pub or the sea. Ply with booze so she loses the shy awkward girlish armour. And for gods sake read a newspaper or two before you turn up, or you won’t have anything to talk about.”
That dating profile isn’t the worst I’ve ever read but then you get to that last sentence and think wow what a twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 40

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.