Jack Monroe #211 Undercover Tory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Once, yes. But she crowdsourced some new people ‘for a friend’ and now coincidentally she has some super secret mega recovery friends.
Ohhhh I missed that. I lost interest in Jack when she went quiet, been slumming it with the Inghams but no other thread makes me laugh like you lot

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Ah, yes, that reminds of the phenomenon where a liar will add ridiculous levels of extraneous information in to try and sound more convincing.

As if a barman doesn't know how to make a St Clements/Orange and Lemonade with a splash of lime cordial without some muppet treating them as though they're a particularly stupid media executive child, anyhow.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Only without actually ever donating the kidney!
[/QUOTE]

honestly, I just tried writing a lil story wity
honestly, I've been trying to write a lil story featuring jack as kidney lady, but every iteration I think of is just a little bit too gross...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Hope Jack enjoyed the grunk. So that’s pint drinking and whether she lives in her own home covered. Night! File your accounts and pay your taxes!

honestly, I just tried writing a lil story wity

honestly, I've been trying to write a lil story featuring jack as kidney lady, but every iteration I think of is just a little bit too gross...
[/QUOTE]
Been saving that article all day going to read it now

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Ah, yes, that reminds of the phenomenon where a liar will add ridiculous levels of extraneous information in to try and sound more convincing.

As if a barman doesn't know how to make a St Clements/Orange and Lemonade with a splash of lime cordial without some muppet treating them as though they're a particularly stupid media executive child, anyhow.
My pet hate when I worked in bars/restaurants about 15 years ago was when I would be taking a group order and someone would order garlic bread. Then loudly shout GARLIC BREAD, and the table would all laugh as it was the Peter Kay sketch and I would smile politely and ask did they actually want a garlic bread (while thinking inside they were a bleeping tosser. )

Jack and her Florida orange or whatever she calls it reminds me of that.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
I noticed that too.

Her story of the Poverty™ and the ongoing 'trauma' she alleges pisses me off so much. She feels no such thing. None. Trauma's nothing more than a creative writing exercise to her. A fictional bit of character acting. A money making gig.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I am still fascinated to know what she has actually done in all her campaigning (10 years). What has she actually changed for the better? For others I mean, not herself. And what active campaigning? I do not include talking a lot about herself on twitter and saying how tired she is all the time.

I get so little genuine empathy for struggling people from her. It all seems to be a handy springboard to rehash her own backstory. And how much worse it was for her. Also don't get why after 10 years of telling the exact story, she gets so emotional and drained by it? Fair enough if she was dredging up repressed painful memories - but she never stops talking about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I am still fascinated to know what she has actually done in all her campaigning (10 years). What has she actually changed for the better? For others I mean, not herself. And what active campaigning? I do not include talking a lot about herself on twitter and saying how tired she is all the time.

I get so little genuine empathy for struggling people from her. It all seems to be a handy springboard to rehash her own backstory. And how much worse it was for her. Also don't get why after 10 years of telling the exact story, she gets so emotional and drained by it? Fair enough if she was dredging up repressed painful memories - but she never stops talking about it.
Well you didn’t really think we would get through however long it was she was a-conferencing without some sad fishing did you? We must never forget that at every point in time Jack is only just starting to feel better/cook/get the light back in her eyes/outside might not match the inside

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Months of nothingness after being an endless chaotic, triggering, awful mess on Twitter. She mass posts on Insta a couple of days before these 'conference' and the £20 de-lift being in the media. Appears on GMB with her basket full of props and does a few tweets. Then the stress and abuse of it all has her crying in bed and almost pushed her off the wagon. Naturally, in come the flood of 'hero' messages and offers of compensation for 'all of her work'. She truly has perfected the grift as Silver said. Gobsmacking!!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
Hm, I guess these people must have missed what 'empathetic' Jack did to that poor kitten then?
There's that quote about being able to judge a person's true character by the way they treat animals. I think it's so true.
Same as she treats everyone - there to meet her needs

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I noticed that too.

Her story of the Poverty™ and the ongoing 'trauma' she alleges pisses me off so much. She feels no such thing. None. Trauma's nothing more than a creative writing exercise to her. A fictional bit of character acting. A money making gig.
Agree completely re creative writing.

Also by no means minimising trauma but most people have it to a degree, and yet the majority of people choose not to monetise it and make that their life’s work? You can’t complain about having to rehash your creative writing project if that’s the thing that pays the bills and keeps you from having to work outside the home or any significant hours. You can’t take labour free pity donations through patreon then complain about how hard the whole thing is? She speaks as if there’s no viable alternative, you could go and get a job where you exchange your time and skills for money hun?

The recovery stuff is so cringe worthy and performative, would implore her to consider the tradition of anonymity and its significance in a genuine recovery. It’s very hard to not have concerns about her intentions as she gets through marginalised IDs like clean knickers (that are then binned as soon as Twitter has a new favourite topic) & has already written trash pieces on AA for cash, putting off god knows how many people from getting well for fear of sexual assault. She’s trash sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I’M proud of him and I’ve never met him. I know it’s weird but he’s doing so much good with his influence.
Not just that, he’s a nice person, and he’s not doing it for the self promotion, he is genuinely trying to improve the lives of other people

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Points to note…

1. The grey sweater looked like it probably came from Tesco so well done to Jack for not wearing expensive Diana sheepo one. We know you have it though 😡. The outfit did was it was required to do. Where was preppy journo with expensive coat? Where was primrose hill set tartan suit wearing Jack? Oh! Forgive me, that Jack was never poor.

2. The lack of earrings was 100% deliberate. Probably to imply that she can’t afford multiple pieces of jewellery (the necklace being her only one).

3. I may be incorrect here, and please correct me if I am wrong, but if you are at the stage of your recovery where the slightest bit of stress can set you off on a wobble and require you to go to a meeting, should you really be going into a pub (with all the psychological triggers present) who is having an actual pint? Sorry for the long sentence and more than happy to be corrected on this, but, I would have thought if your recovery was still in its infancy, going into a pub wouldn’t be advised.

4. If Jack actually met someone who had suffered real trauma (someone connected to Hillsborough, someone who has suffered abuse of some kind) she still would not be able to dissociate herself from what she has perceived herself to have suffered. Even typing this is pointless. She believes everything she says, everything pound she receives is deserved.

5. Back to Murder One.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.