Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dream would come true if the organiser at the end announced that due to the nature of the discussion and how its going to be a hard winter for many and that we are all so rich, i hope none of you mind that we have donated everyones fee from tonight to a charity of our choosing.

Imagine the wailing....😹

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I honestly thought I couldn't like her any less but Jack really has shown her true colours as a despicable, self-serving, mouth for hire who has no backbone or principles or ability to think things through, or compassion, and will literally say whatever she thinks she is being paid to, in that moment. Embarrassed for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Food waste is not "other peoples scraps" ya prune. It can just mean supermarket overstock, or factory oversupply.
Er isn’t that already happening? From the bonkers items in homey b’s to zero food waste schemes in poor communities, olio and the donations to food banks of near date/unsold stock. Tesco is practically at waste zero by giving away all their unsold yellow sticker stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I honestly thought I couldn't like her any less but Jack really has shown her true colours as a despicable, self-serving, mouth for hire who has no backbone or principles or ability or compassion, and will literally say whatever she thinks she is being paid to, in that moment. Embarrassed for her.
+ in saying that food banks aren’t spoken about she’s not only denying Markus’ mammoth achievements but also discrediting the gr8 reporting that Louisa Compton’s ch4 news have been doing in this area. She truly has NO standards outside of serving herself!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
If GB keeps tagging Jack people are going to start realising she's there and questioning her motives and integrity.
She has done absolutely zero by way of promoting this, which is sort of the point of SM and activism.
She's taken the gig because it's her only opportunity to jump on the publicity bandwagon and for the fee. If she genuinely wanted to end foodbanks/poverty then it would be a constant flood of SM posts and retweets. Everyone else 'at conference ' has been taking selfies, tagging themselves, tagging MPs etc
It's almost like she's frightened of being caught there.
Would there be a fee for speaking at a fringe event? I would have thought expenses only.

I did a compare and contrast on the photos from Conference.

Although in both conference/conferii the is a fair spread of empty seats all the men in the second conference are wearing suits and have the Tory boy fade hair cut.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I honestly thought I couldn't like her any less but Jack really has shown her true colours as a despicable, self-serving, mouth for hire who has no backbone or principles or ability to think things through, or compassion, and will literally say whatever she thinks she is being paid to, in that moment. Embarrassed for her.
Safe to say she has no dignity at all.

Shes harmful, horrible and to top it all heartless. She couldnt care less about the poor, as long as she getting sweet money.

Last week, i just want too see people fed.
This week
Yeah lets do away with reduced, waste food stuffs because its costing the big corporations money. duck off love.

Say youre a spoilt princess without saying you're a spoilt princess..

Imagine when i was poor i had to eat.... Yellow sticker food....

Say youre a spoilt princess without saying you're a spoilt princess..

Imagine when i was poor i had to eat.... Yellow sticker food....

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
She says she doesn't believe in wasting food. Now she calls the fare share of food other people's scraps.
I am sure I remember Jack’s zero waste Christmas meal.

But Then and Now dearheart, Then and Now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
The fact that she doesn’t know food waste is already feeding people on low incomes says it all. It’s already happening and people are still hungry. Well done Tories for putting the emphasis on food waste, you should have been wondering about why people on benefits including those who work can’t afford to eat.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
+ in saying that food banks aren’t spoken about she’s not only denying Markus’ mammoth achievements but also discrediting the gr8 reporting that Louisa Compton’s ch4 news have been doing in this area. She truly has NO standards outside of serving herself!
Jack doesn't think about the wider meaning and consequences her words have, it is all kneejerk soundbites.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Slow hand clap for metaphorically pulling their pants down and shaming the government into action, Jack, you massive overdeliverer, you. Then/now again, is it? How quick was that one? Less than a week?

The Labour Party should be putting a massive 'do not engage' note against you on their database, and make an attempt to stick to it for longer than they stuck to their commitment about the S*n.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
What an inauthentic bleep she is. I mean she is 100% nasty bleep but like Nick Clegg, for the right amount of money, will sell her soul.

Also to use a phrase Jack would approve of, she has a face liked a smacked arse at that conference.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I hope MR comes out in the papers tomorrow with something marvelous that he has been stitching behind the scenes and make two the faced clown seethe into her dusty weetabix.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
I hope MR comes out in the papers tomorrow with something marvelous that he has been stitching behind the scenes and make two the faced clown seethe into her dusty weetabix.
Something which literally feeds kids, in Manchester. Honestly even if he just dropped off a box of apples at a school

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.