Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy “Conference Day Part 2 - The Empire Slops Back“ everyone!

Has the chaos fairy been yet? I would love another picture of a lone empty seat at a panel again please.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I find it funny when they have these fringe events "at conference". It is like going to a party and they only let you in the front porch because they don't really want you there. The other guests totally ignore you and hope you go home early because nothing you say or do interests them.

Not that that has ever happened to me...but may have happened at an event I attended. 😳

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Looks like Jack is being relaunched.

Yes, it is a very worthy article, and I will (grudgingly) admit Jack hasn't made it all about them, so fair play to Jack if she is moving forward.

But, duck, it was dull. A lot of Jack's writing is like those essays you used to have with a word count, and everyone added loads extraneous words to meet it.

Reactions: 32
She's there. Someone's tweeted pic of the panel.
Got the weird top-knot hair again.
White jumper, not grey but basically same look as Labour conference.
Rolled up sleeves to show off the "edgy" tattoos by any chance?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Face on her. I honestly can’t imagine even putting the lanyard on, let alone sharing oxygen with most of these people. Shudder.
I don’t have a problem if she was attending to actually influence and make changes but she is clearly just there for the fee

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I don’t have a problem if she was attending to actually influence and make changes but she is clearly just there for the fee
I did a google search and got results she spoke as part of an Oxfam panel about food banks at the 2013 Tory conference

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Grunking so apologies for irrelevance, but Jack is at conference again? Are they doing a conference tour? Will it be Greens or Lib Dems after this? Monster Raving Loony???

At least they'll feel at home surrounded by Tories.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.