Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had a table in our dining hall that the teachers used no pupils went near it because sitting next to a teacher in my school was a fate worse than death. In saying that there was maybe only one to two teachers who actually used it. The others as you said were busy.

She has such issues with school. She has such issues with life. If nothing was handed out to her on a gold platter she seems to resent it. She is definately the one with the issues.
It's so strange to still be obsessed with school over 20yrs after leaving.

Other than occasionally thinking 'wtf?' to myself about certain things (Jack really would have stories to tell if she'd been there. It was *different*) I can't say that my old highschool occupies any permanent headspace tbh.

Reactions: 39
The only people who bang on about going to ‘state’ primary schools are the ones who upgraded when at secondary (grammar or public). The rest of us just call it school.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Jack's probably already messaged Sue Perkins saying..."Look what those awful Tattlers are saying about me now!! I mean, it would be ridiculous if we got together. Wouldn't it? Sue? Sue!?. Would it be ...crazy!?"

• Haha
Reactions: 62
The only people who bang on about going to ‘state’ primary schools are the ones who upgraded when at secondary (grammar or public). The rest of us just call it school.
This! Why does it matter whether you went to a "state" or "other" type of primary school? It's the same as her bleating on about how she RENTS. Such a head.

Reactions: 40
Yeah exactly, I have never, ever thought about my primary (or anyone's really) as being a 'state' school, it's absolutely bizarre. Who in the world *doesn't* go to a 'state' primary?? I didn't even realise that primary schools could go into "special measures" - is she really saying that a primary in a fairly well-to-do area like where she was brought up is special measures? Can any Southend Frauen confirm?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Lots of long, convoluted sentences.

Favourite quote:

And by that I mean each and every one of us as taxpayers, several times over in the years to come as we seek to heal the damage done to hundreds of thousands of minds and bodies in the name of a falsely fiscal ideology.

Babe, I don't think you can include yourself in that group.

ETA: Too late, the esteemed @Silver Linings beat me to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Really cute that she's saying national UK Government is ignoring all these things but an integrated approach to health, social care and wellbeing is a key focus of Welsh Government and has been for ages - of course with limits to what can be done by Westminster funding. And that isn't local Government...

An article that says offers literally nothing new or provides no meaningful solutions that aren't already being attempted. Although fairplay, not a single mention of The Poverty.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
50F43523-4D82-4FE0-9992-B0BE882B20F2.jpeg
D9FE2665-7402-45A5-8CEC-166E58781C89.jpeg
FE62946E-3C2B-4EAB-9E7C-87476A492E52.jpeg

I feel like my phone is corrupted from even looking this stuff up. I wonder if she’ll use her pulling their pants down analogy today.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Really cute that she's saying national UK Government is ignoring all these things but an integrated approach to health, social care and wellbeing is a key focus of Welsh Governmemt and has been for ages - of course with limits to what can be done by Westminster funding. And that isn't local Government...
Literally as I was reading it I was getting more and more fuming about her anti-Scottish independence twitter troll accounts. She was really invested in keeping us alllll under Tory rule for a long time there, wasn't she? And that's well before she was anti-Corbyn too.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Blimey. Distinct lack of talking about herself!

View attachment 793721
Including herself in the collective ‘taxpayers’ is similar to General Melchett telling Baldrick and Blackadder that ‘Captain Darling and I are right behind you for the final chukka’ when in reality he’ll be sitting in his office scoffing steak Béarnaise.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.