Jack Monroe #210 Granola provider? Not so much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she painting the dinner ladies as some sort of prison guard at Alcatraz types? I doubt very much they were arsed if someone swapped one of their ham sandwiches for their friends Dairylea ones.
3x 90 minutes of PE per week in primary šŸ¤£ where was this, in the Hunger Games? Also that time could have been better spent learning the meanings of words.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
She could have helped the poors and earned a small fortune if she had put in any effort!

She had an unique selling point originally, yeah, it was mostly lies, but she had a opportunity to be the voice of many forgotten voices. She could have improved her cooking skills, worked to build a tv friendly persona with pr gurus, used her platform to help rather than gain, not exploit her own child in tv ads whilst insulting others on their deceased child, be a sensible voice in the LGQBT debate, rather than play gender games, and the list goes on and on.

She could have done both. Help people and make herself a millionaire.

She didn't.
ā€œShe didnā€™tā€ for next thread. Sorry if too early - canā€™t remember where we are up to.

sorry - can see I am FAR too early.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
How hard is it to wash a lunch bag? Christ!

Every day my kid leave his lunch box on the table and i empty it and spray it with disinfectant spray and then wash out with a soapy damp cloth,then
dry with a tea towel a d air dry open in its little corner.
Shes so offensive to people just because we are poor doesnt mean we cannot clean. She might be a grubby grub but i am not!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 44

More weasle words, implying that she went to a state school rather than a well regarded grammar school!
How on earth were so many 'journalists' sucked into the hype?
I don't really understand the point of this article, but that might be because it's another one I just cba to get through, she needs to bin the thesaurus and value peoples time ffs!

She painted a rather grim image of her packed lunches that she remembers vividly (obvs), a dig at ā€œthat manā€ (standard), was an A* mum making fancy lunches for a week then could no longer be arsed (typical Jack, starts something but never finishes), SBā€™s school dinners not good enough for her, not sure why because my kids who are similar ages and always have a good variety of meals and we get a rolling menu so we know what theyā€™re having.

That's all, If I had read the whole thing iā€™m sure I could go on...but iā€™ve just got home from work and can't cope with her waffle.

Basically its all a load of tit, nothings good enough, everything wrong. If I were her parents reading about her rancid lunches iā€™d be bloody pissed off, ungrateful cow.

The end.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Oh Rubyā€¦(newsletter from Ruby Tandoh ahead of release of her new book)
1BF40F3F-9C50-45C7-9467-FA7EFC1CCED6.jpeg

(ā€˜Food writerā€™ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
3x 90 minutes of PE per week in primary šŸ¤£ where was this, in the Hunger Games? Also that time could have been better spent learning the meanings of words.
Yet another exaggeration Iā€™m guessing my Primary was like most, we had an hour twice a week. Still havenā€™t came across any situation were balancing a beanbag on my head has been needed.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Iā€™d happily participate and be a tribute in the actual hunger games if it was that or eating Jackā€™s slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I honestly think for her written pieces she's uses a thesaurus for every other word, to make her sound clever, her experiences more extreme and he life more chaotic. When in reailty shes a spendthrift idiot with a chip on her shoulder.
If only this was page 47 and not page 17 because this would be a beautiful threadtitle (one word so as to hopefully not turn up in the actual tt search)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I mean, the whole packed lunch article makes no sense whatsoever, but i love this bit

20211003_212244.jpg

like, was she really taking the same bottle of juice every day for six weeks straight? no wonder she couldn't do pe! šŸ˜­

and then, the whole "I hated packed lunches, so I loved doing them for my son" like, what the bleeping duck?

• Haha
Reactions: 56

More weasle words, implying that she went to a state school rather than a well regarded grammar school!
How on earth were so many 'journalists' sucked into the hype?
What the hell have I just read? The ā€˜articleā€™ had no structure and jumped around all over the place, random words thrown in to make herself sound intelligent but just sounded like pretentious crap, and she makes her primary school sound like something from ā€˜Annieā€™. Also the humble bragging about her cheap and healthy packed lunch; I have just made the packed lunches for my kids tomorrow and honestly they are 5, 7 and 9 and they all need way more in their lunches than the example she has given.
God she is such an insufferable, patronising, self-serving knob.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I mean, the whole packed lunch article makes no sense whatsoever, but i love this bit

View attachment 793313

like, was she really taking the same bottle of juice every day for six weeks straight? no wonder she couldn't do pe! šŸ˜­

and then, the whole "I hated packed lunches, so I loved doing them for my son" like, what the bleeping duck?
Omg this PE lie is ridiculous - imagine the year 7s theyā€™d be as hench as they were tall, mini cuboid Olympians

• Haha
Reactions: 57
She chats tit, in some other thing I cannot be arsed to find and reference she went on about how she never had a filling because her parents only gave sweet treats sparingly. Apart from the juice and cake bar 5 times a week? Plus trifle at home obvs.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Yet another exaggeration Iā€™m guessing my Primary was like most, we had an hour twice a week. Still havenā€™t came across any situation were balancing a beanbag on my head has been needed.
Erm it was for posture dear and one day you could be picked to rule the land with a massive šŸ‘‘. When that day comes you will be thankful for that beanbag.

What the hell have I just read? The ā€˜articleā€™ had no structure and jumped around all over the place, random words thrown in to make herself sound intelligent but just sounded like pretentious crap, and she makes her primary school sound like something from ā€˜Annieā€™. Also the humble bragging about her cheap and healthy packed lunch; I have just made the packed lunches for my kids tomorrow and honestly they are 5, 7 and 9 and they all need way more in their lunches than the example she has given.
God she is such an insufferable, patronising, self-serving knob.
Carrots and salsa. šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢

• Haha
Reactions: 28
The costings are all over the place in the Metro article and itā€™s all a crock of tit, of course (plus, make your fuckin mind up - do you want universal cashless school dinners served to all, or some kids turning up with home made packed lunch boxes?). 40g of ham is not a big handful. The yoghurt is actually double the price per 100g per portion. Again, we have said this before but who the duck letā€™s this tit get into print? Do they even employ editors anymore?

Please tell me I wasnā€™t the only person that hooted at the ā€œbest sellingā€ author tag. Not ā€œauthorā€ but ā€œbest selling authorā€

bleeping posing twit.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 34

When I was an at home mum I made packet lunches for my boys, healthy(ish), what I knew they would eat. Later when working I paid for school meals, just one less thing to worry about.

When my first born turned 9 he decided to turn vegetarian but he only like certain vegetables and hated any trace of onions in food. The school provided a vegetarian option but the lunch providers noticed he was barely touching anything. They took him to the kitchen and showed what they had in the freezers, he let them know what he did like and his food afterwards was from those choices. As my son had not told me of the initial problem, the first I heard was after they had found a solution. I was very impressed and happy with what the school did. This was well over 20 years ago and I think he was only one of a few on vegetarian lunches, that my son was an extremely polite and likeable child may have gone in his favour but I hope they would do this for anyone.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
It makes me mad too, she probably had a shouty spell at someone to which they responded " youre psycho" and then she probably cried a bit afterwards and there we have her self diagnosis.

Shes so awful she doesnt realise what she says actually can trigger upset people who suffer or know someone who suffers from these illnesses. Well at least i hope she doesnt realise because if she does she is sick!
She knows. Sheā€™s been called out for posting triggering stuff before but carried on doing it. Sheā€™s just an hole.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
In my UK primary school I announced I was vegetarian and got in trouble and made to apologise for making it up! I didnā€™t eat anything at dinner except the pudding usually or a bit of potato if it wasnā€™t contaminated. Secondary was better as you could just buy chips every day.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I'm still quietly, gently, softly fuming. Psychosis is just another thing she wanted to try on for fun like a hideous Viv (RIP) dress. It's not as much fun when you have to figuratively keep the hideous dress on and take neuroleptic medication every day for years on end because if you don't you'll end up in hospital, in prison or dead. Or when you have to have blood tests, ECGs and general physical health checks regularly because the medication can cause serious health problems including affecting cholesterol levels and kidney function. You can't just take it when you feel like remembering it, like she does with her ADHD medication. She wouldn't be able to cope with one day on a psychiatric ward even on a voluntary basis, it's a terrifying experience. Stop romanticising severe mental illness you incredible halfwit <howls and claws>

Just give me some slop ffs, I want that inexplicable egg! That'll make me feel better.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
I'm still quietly, gently, softly fuming. Psychosis is just another thing she wanted to try on for fun like a hideous Viv (RIP) dress. It's not as much fun when you have to figuratively keep the hideous dress on and take neuroleptic medication every day for years on end because if you don't you'll end up in hospital, in prison or dead. Or when you have to have blood tests, ECGs and general physical health checks regularly because the medication can cause serious health problems including affecting cholesterol levels and kidney function. You can't just take it when you feel like remembering it, like she does with her ADHD medication. She wouldn't be able to cope with one day on a psychiatric ward even on a voluntary basis, it's a terrifying experience. Stop romanticising severe mental illness you incredible halfwit <howls and claws>

Just give me some slop ffs, I want that inexplicable egg! That'll make me feel better.
Big hugs, in exactly the same position and of the exact same opinion! xxx

Jack can duck off too with 'poor me' standard bloody packed lunch. I still love a packed sandwich to this day! Surprised we've had no chaos this weekend, maybe she got to see SB and regale him with her heroic activism.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
An egregious lie. It got me thinking about the hilarious misuse of fugue state, which we suspected was caused by Jack finally watching Breaking Bad, five years after everyone else.
Although...
B5A18BD0-004E-490E-9430-B968C94B6B4D.jpeg

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.