Jack Monroe #209 Jack Monroe is late to conference

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That suite has lots of natural daylight which will give her a lovely youthful glow although I'm not sure about the rejuvenating effects of curtains that look like Rupert the Bear's scarf. She's probably now scheming a ridiculous ailment that she can use to both cry off conference and get attention from Mom at the same time. Don't use standing on broken glass again dear heart, we're bored of that one.
Awh I want Jack to turn up just to see what god awful outfit she wears! Will the victorian ghost in dirty trainers spook herself back up? Will it be the leather lapel jacket, adorned with pins and badges? The mustard trouser suit inspired by Markle? A potato sack with her string of pearls plant as a necklace?

It's exciting!!! Hahahahaha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
That suite has lots of natural daylight which will give her a lovely youthful glow although I'm not sure about the rejuvenating effects of curtains that look like Rupert the Bear's scarf. She's probably now scheming a ridiculous ailment that she can use to both cry off conference and get attention from Mom at the same time. Don't use standing on broken glass again dear heart, we're bored of that one.
I am so pleased I am not the only one who's first action was to Google the venue to find out the room size.

120 seated theatre style in case anyone is interested.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Why did they ask her?
1. She was available
The late, great Terry Pratchett once wore this to a WorldCon (the world sci-fi convention).

AD004C39-93CD-4345-88E3-7D836A30E8A6.jpeg

Jack‘s would say something like, “ My grandfather’s DEAD, Nigella was BUSY, THAT MAN couldn’t make it. Hi I’m Jack Monroe”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Place your bets, will there be a train incident, random ouchy body part, isolation requirements or breathy song?
Yes, absolutely

Writer and journalist 🤭
They obviously couldn't fit "Author, campaigner, activist, accidental conqueror of fears, poet, set designer, camera technician, scriptwriter, buyer of cushions in brand colours, pianist, vocalist, former ballet prodigy and TV presenter" in the box.

This how i imagine the conference tomorrow. Its a monday morning most people are at work, you know the people who need to hear this, the only people who will show up apart from a few ",half arsed labour mps" are OAPs wanting free tea and biscuits.

Also she probably wont go. I imagine her catching poorly arse syndrome or something overnight and having to cut class.
Poorly arse syndrome 😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Potentially silly question here for our accountancy angels -

Don’t companies hiring Jack through her limited have a responsibility to ensure her company is above board ie isn’t 6+ month late with filing its accounts and paying its tax?

I love books on doomed Silicon valley unicorns / financial frauds and whilst they tend to be v American focused they do constantly reference these companies refusal/inability to produce audited financial statements as huge red flags. On a bootstrap ltd by Jack Monroe is too small to be audit worthy but surely big brands and political parties need to do their due diligence from a reputational POV? They’re engaging a known tax dodger at this point?!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I'm really wondering how Jack landed this gig. The Trussell Trust can't really think her opinion has any value or even merit to help change things? Surely not?!
She was on a similar panel three years ago with the Trussell employee who is speaking tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Screenshot_20210926-224542_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is perfect. I wonder if Garry is of the bottled or passive-aggressive variety?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Awh I want Jack to turn up just to see what god awful outfit she wears! Will the victorian ghost in dirty trainers spook herself back up? Will it be the leather lapel jacket, adorned with pins and badges? The mustard trouser suit inspired by Markle? A potato sack with her string of pearls plant as a necklace?

Yes! I always enjoy the cabal's sartorial critque of Jack. Although, in all honesty, I'm just hoping for more rounds of Jack as Bowls...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
There cannot be anyone who has not already heard her story. I think that the possibility of hearing it again would put people off. And why would she be speaking about Trussellls KeeptheLifeline campaign, at a Trussell organised event, attended by their Director of Policy and Research?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Potentially silly question here for our accountancy angels -

Don’t companies hiring Jack through her limited have a responsibility to ensure her company is above board ie isn’t 6+ month late with filing its accounts and paying its tax?

I love books on doomed Silicon valley unicorns / financial frauds and whilst they tend to be v American focused they do constantly reference these companies refusal/inability to produce audited financial statements as huge red flags. On a bootstrap ltd by Jack Monroe is too small to be audit worthy but surely big brands and political parties need to do their due diligence from a reputational POV? They’re engaging a known tax dodger at this point?!
They should be aware of and complying with this: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/understanding-off-payroll-working-ir35

• Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 782372

An interesting view on what a taxpayer is…… income tax clearly isn’t on Jack monroe’s radar. I look forward to Jack monroe’s visit to the Labour Party conference 2021
*sigh* it's hard to imagine someone being so dense. Even beyond the hypocrisy of not paying her own tax bill whilst criticising other likeminded avoiders, on her terms, what happens if a "vulture" with an "offshore account in the caymans" buys a packet of crisps? bleeping simpleton.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Yes! I always enjoy the cabal's sartorial critque of Jack. Although, in all honesty, I'm just hoping for more rounds of Jack as Bowls...

I loved Jack as bowls! That was a funny day ☺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
*sigh* it's hard to imagine someone being so dense. Even beyond the hypocrisy of not paying her own tax bill whilst criticising other likeminded avoiders, on her terms, what happens if a "vulture" with an "offshore account in the caymans" buys a packet of crisps? bleeping simpleton.
You never know. Perhaps the exciting news for her publisher is an up to date copy of her accounts

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
so has it been established that Jack will definitely be at Conference? I need proper warning if she’s going to be in my city, i work round the corner and don’t want to bump into those shark eyes unprepared :eek:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

00ipwEn.jpg

She will be wearing something like this.

With protective head gear for all the white trash shouldn't breed comments.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.