Jack Monroe #209 Jack Monroe is late to conference

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 782372

An interesting view on what a taxpayer is…… income tax clearly isn’t on Jack monroe’s radar. I look forward to Jack monroe’s visit to the Labour Party conference 2021
That tweet made no sense at all... What the fook was she trying to say, just read your book love its better for everyone.

Is she trying to say people pay their taxes when they buy crisps? Erm.. ok?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Place your bets, will there be a train incident, random ouchy body part, isolation requirements or breathy song?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Are we talking Jack Monroe of On a Bootstrap Ltd, incorporated 16 March 2018, who has only filed one set of accounts, that were late (June 2020), but hasn’t paid her income tax since, is at conference speaking about austerity?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 68
Fair enough I’ll report this bit

ETA: even though during this period she was claiming she couldn’t afford butter and needed to do the £20 shop when her fiancé was very well off
I dont know this for certain but i think she sounds lonely and in need of attention.

Reactions: 18
Are we talking Jack Monroe of On a Bootstrap Ltd, incorporated 16 March 2018, who has only filed one set of accounts, that were late (June 2020), but hasn’t paid her income tax since, is at conference speaking about austerity?
I believe that's the very Jack Monroe. As we say at conference, what will it take (for people to see through her bullshit)?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
That tweet made no sense at all... What the fook was she trying to say, just read your book love its better for everyone.

Is she trying to say people pay their taxes when they buy crisps? Erm.. ok?!
You'd be surprised how many people are right into that line of thinking, I used to know someone who now works for a publicly-funded organisation and calls PAYE being 'hammered for tax' because they earn more than £50k. I never know whether to put it down to severe cognitive dissonance, a lack of critical thinking, being a bit of a bastard or a combination of all of the above.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She is a bleeping panel
I’m sitting here having dinner with my partner in a hotel and practicing very bad manners by checking my phone (as was he, Ryder cup) but I have had to suppress so many 🦉 and 🍾 but this had me dying!!! 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Also if the whole point of their panel is when when "when foodbanks will no longer be needed isnt that effectively saying when will you the government put their organisation out of business? I thought that was the point of their business?

Also do they have paid staff or do they have volunteers? Just curious because it would be nice if the majority were volunteers means more of their money goes to people in need.

Reactions: 20
Fair enough I’ll report this bit

ETA: even though during this period she was claiming she couldn’t afford butter and needed to do the £20 shop when her fiancé was very well off
To be fair to Louisa Jane Compton, I think she “noped” out softly, gently, however- she is sitting on the huge story - Jack is a charlatan and I’m afraid Louisa is somewhat complicit in my eyes

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.