Jack Monroe #209 Jack Monroe is late to conference

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also if the whole point of their panel is when when "when foodbanks will no longer be needed isnt that effectively saying when will you the government put their organisation out of business? I thought that was the point of their business?

Also do they have paid staff or do they have volunteers? Just curious because it would be nice if the majority were volunteers means more of their money goes to people in need.
The foodbank I know locally is under the TT umbrella and they have some paid staff but the ratio is pretty good, I'd say in the region of up to 10 full time equivalent staff for every 150-200 volunteers. You can get onto sticky ground with unions and employment law and just generally from an ethical perspective if there are volunteers doing tasks that they should be paid to do, so I think they have the balance right. I think those aspects of TT will at least be on the Labour party's radar, if not CERTAIN OTHER THINGS ABOUT THAT PANEL.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

This how i imagine the conference tomorrow. Its a monday morning most people are at work, you know the people who need to hear this, the only people who will show up apart from a few ",half arsed labour mps" are OAPs wanting free tea and biscuits.

Also she probably wont go. I imagine her catching poorly arse syndrome or something overnight and having to cut class.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I hope someone on this panel makes the argument that companies donā€™t pay enough tax

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I hope someone on this panel makes the argument that companies donā€™t pay enough tax
And it's across the spectrum of companies, we're not just talking Amazon here, they should make it clear that British SMEs are at it too.
Squeaky bum time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
To be fair to Louisa Jane Compton, I think she ā€œnopedā€ out softly, gently, however- she is sitting on the huge story - Jack is a charlatan and Iā€™m afraid Louisa is somewhat complicit in my eyes
Oh she's totally complicit. At the height of all that Ā£20 weekly shop bollocks last year she did nothing, said nothing. It was clear that wasn't actually what the household was eating that week as well as all the "I can't buy butter right now" because "reasons" bullshit. I don't understand how she could face going into work as the Head of Channel 4 News everyday with that going on and not put a stop to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Tomorrow we might witness a real-time big flouncing off an event. There were tales of her not showing up at loads of events long before tattle and mostly she just showed up late for her insta hellmans live last year but I wonder how many Labour Party conferences etc she said she would be at over the years and then ducked out of at the last minute

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Oh she's totally complicit. At the height of all that Ā£20 weekly shop bollocks last year she did nothing, said nothing. It was clear that wasn't actually what the household was eating that week as well as all the "I can't buy butter right now" because "reasons" bullshit. I don't understand how she could face going into work as the Head of Channel 4 News everyday with that going on and not put a stop to it.
All that poverty performance should have stopped after she became a z-list celeb, she made money from her first couple of books and all the other pies she had her grubby fingers in back then.

Reactions: 33
Itā€™s the slopmas touch. Jack is so Poverty that other people, even high paid execs, can catch Poor from her

• Haha
Reactions: 30

This how i imagine the conference tomorrow. Its a monday morning most people are at work, you know the people who need to hear this, the only people who will show up apart from a few ",half arsed labour mps" are OAPs wanting free tea and biscuits.
It reminds me of The Royle Family where Denise & Dave make up a tale that heā€™s been to a conference instead of the drs and he gets asked how many was there?
ā€œJust meā€
ā€œWell itā€™s not much of a bloody conference if itā€™s just you talking to yourselfā€

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
She hasnā€™t changed because she canā€™t šŸ™„
Exactly. Iā€˜ve just realised, itā€™s probably why she was allowed the wifi for Twitter again for a few hours yesterday. Probably after some pleading howls of ā€œitā€™s for CONFERENCE!ā€

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I'm really wondering how Jack landed this gig. The Trussell Trust can't really think her opinion has any value or even merit to help change things? Surely not?!

Reactions: 39
anyhoo, being part of a panel at a fringe event does not equate to "speaking at conference" as jack had it

she's so bleeping pompous

"I'm Speaking At Conference About This"

no love, you're part of a tiny smol fringe event, while the grown ups are off At Conference to continue to grind the labour party into dust with infighting while letting the Tories continue their ruination of the country

(apologies for off topic. I'm angry about stuff)

• Heart
Reactions: 70
That suite has lots of natural daylight which will give her a lovely youthful glow although I'm not sure about the rejuvenating effects of curtains that look like Rupert the Bear's scarf. She's probably now scheming a ridiculous ailment that she can use to both cry off conference and get attention from Mom at the same time. Don't use standing on broken glass again dear heart, we're bored of that one.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Exactly. Iā€˜ve just realised, itā€™s probably why she was allowed the wifi for Twitter again for a few hours yesterday. Probably after some pleading howls of ā€œitā€™s for CONFERENCE!ā€
Yes and also explains all the shouty 'I just want children to be fed' exchanges so she can try to convince herself and others she has been actively campaigning. Otherwise a casual glance at her SM would show she has been doing nothing towards eradicating poverty for many months (and even then it wasn't much).

If she is trying to get out of it, she could use a cabal of ninnies knowing where she will be, so security reasons.
Otherwise I presume it will entail trains? Oh dear.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.