Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Yeah I feel she's a shapeshifter wrt relationships - as with her 'politics', it will come down to whatever serves her best in the moment.
This lies well with her constantly changing aesthetic (I don’t want to comment on looks that cannot be altered).

Sometimes edgey, tattooed, left-wing Londonite, sometimes airy fairy, floaty mummy who gets lost in the woods, sometimes bookish, preppy journo, sometimes white t-shirt wearing, no-nonsense chef.

I’ve mentioned it before, I’ll probably mention it again.

Shape-shifter? Definitely.

Grifter? No question.

Granola-provider? Not so much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

Universal

Chatty Member
I have spoken at a conference there 🔺

There is a main conference room with the keynote speakers in as listed on the timetable that you shared. Not everyone can (there is not always room) or wants to go to them all so outside in another area there are stalls, networking and side events going on. A lot less formal,

The fringe events are usually in this other area and are just a table with a handful of chairs (Jack - remember to count the chairs for us wont you?) and there will be more than one fringe event going on at the time within this other area. Its a sideshow basically.

Sideshow Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Over the next few days it will be interesting to see if either her appearance at “Conference” 🙄, or her titting around with a bag of Opal Fruits, will have done anything for her month-end Patreon numbers *peers expectantly over glasses at @heretoreaditall2019*

ooh, I’m a VIP now, thanks to Coldpan Jack!
Tragically I’m taking my laptop away with us this weekend purely for this! Will add an estimated revenue column as an ✨accounts chaos solstice✨ treat ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67

Boyo

VIP Member
Is this a new (or previously-missed) element to the childhood origin story? Maybe I’m mistaken but in my head the story was always one of not fitting in, being suspended, being tested, etc?

24BDB8EA-93E6-42E9-A0A9-6F986B72A341.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65

Joan of Narc

What a day cabal, what a day! I have a theory that she was a last minute drafted in speaker, either because someone else dropped out or because TT had a look at the timings and decided they need one more person in order to fill the speaking time.. The evidence? She messaged her agent on 18th Sep stating she had 'exciting news' then immediately began the performative Trussel Trust tweeting. I used to do some comms work for charities 🔺️ and sometimes if I couldn't find contact details for the agent of a celebrity or influencer, I would just DM the celeb directly about a campaign or event.

• Heart
  • Wow

FunnyFuneral

VIP Member
Absolutely lmfao, she's consistent I guess
Wee bit late here so sorry if it lands inappropriately but why the fuck did she not travel yesterday and stay the night to ensure she was on time for conference? The first price l googled was £99 for a double room with breakfast and lets not forget she has spent a goodly sum on aparthotel in London recently! Fucking 🔔🔚

Also i am distraught that Jack has ruined the Old Ship Brighton for me now 😥. My husband and I (bench press & triangulate me, I'm the queen ) stayed there for a few nights after our wedding and they upgraded us from a standard double to the top floor penthouse suite at no extra charge as we were honeymooning. Also complimentary 🍾. It was lovely. We also people watched one of the best hissy rows between another couple in the sea view bar there, some of which we still say to each other to this day (it wouldn't feel like our anniversary if one of us doesn't say "57 years I've put up with this shit" 😜).

😖

• Haha
  • Heart
Are we talking Jack Monroe of On a Bootstrap Ltd, incorporated 16 March 2018, who has only filed one set of accounts, that were late (June 2020), but hasn’t paid her income tax since, is at conference speaking about austerity?
Is that the same Jack Monroe of On a Bootstrap Ltd who hasn't paid her tax and has claimed furlough payments for an employee who was able to work from home? Bit of a PR blunder for Trussell Trust. It's our Graeme all over again.

• Haha
Reactions: 64

waffle maker

VIP Member
The photo at the start of the #fringeevent with Jack missing genuinely made me laugh out loud, it was perfect. Great Chaos.

• Haha
  • Heart

Panstickpinkie

I have actually spotted her in the wild! It was when she was living in the house by the sea, I saw her by the shops and also getting off the train once, it was around the time of the Katie Hopkins trial with the kumquat hair no less!

• Wow
  • Haha

Falkor

VIP Member
@Falkor please tell us you were a sheep. 🐑
Er, funny you should say that, I was down at my mum's a couple of months ago and she found this photo of me as the Shepherd Boy in the school nativity - I am the bare-legged one in the middle with the sheep tucked under my arm, singing 'Did You See The Tiny Child?' aged 7.

Inkedearly shepherding_LI.jpg

(And that was a very short piece of hessian and apparently everyone saw my knickers as I ran up the nave and up the steps!)

• Haha
  • Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
What does 'striking off action discontinued mean?
It means that Companies House received some form of communication from her/her accountants that was sufficient to reassure them she will comply with her required filings and therefore they've stopped the process of striking her company off the register. In practice it means the company confirmation statement got filed, which takes about 2 minutes, and the accounts are still being ignored. If they're not filed by the end of tomorrow the fine doubles again to the highest level of £1,500 and because this is the second year in a row the company accounts have been filed late, it will be doubled again on top of that to £3,000. It's not going to get any worse from there, so if they're not in tomorrow there's no real incentive to do them until Companies House starts strike off action again.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Just to come back to what's going on with her twitter, when I search "bootstrapcook" this is what comes up .... A little reminder of just a few of her failed projects and multiple accounts - and that's obviously not even including all the anon sock puppets she must have on there.

Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 09.15.53.png

• Haha
  • Wow

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
She's been dining out on these photos for years. I expect she thinks it makes her seem #edgy or something. Like, wow, you worked in a bar when you were younger, how unusual!
I love the article where she talks about her edgy bartending days.

1. I'm Jack's age and I do not recall a time when WKD was the drug of choice over MDMA.
2. Jack was a bartender in Southend in the late 2000s not Tom Cruise in the film Cocktail. The creativity did not extend beyond making an occasional mojito.
3. 'Needless to say' used twice in one paragraph. Back of the net.

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 10.38.05 am.png

• Haha
  • Wow