Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
top result when you search "labour party conference 2021 jack monroe"

20210926_203343.jpg

no sign of jack on the conference website or, indeed, anywhere on the labour site. is she just gonna be turning up in Brighton tomorrow and standing on the front giving it the whole "I'm jack monroe, single mother, food writer, cook, nigella botherer...." business

maybe meet up with matt and sali to compare tattle notes

"I'm the most hard done by!"
"no, I am!"
"they triangulated my toaster!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
I'm giddy with excitement for the Frauen who are way back in this thread and who are yet to experience the 'will she/won't she make it to conference' drama.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

Emmapism

VIP Member
I love that the first line of the Tattle result in Google is 'performative food and thirst trap bollocks' 😂

Really lets you know what you're in for.

• Haha
Reactions: 70

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Jack Monroe Director of On A Bootstrap Ltd which hasn’t paid taxes since 2019 and is speaking at the Labour Party conference (in an event which I would call “Jack Mon-woe is me- cultural appropriation of working class queer female stories” but then, I am a mithering ninny) that Jack Monroe that hasn’t paid tax?
I have to also say, if tax squiggle reads here, sorry you felt you had to go private, we just really love you 😘

• Haha
  • Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
The Jackolytes really are something else, they're still arguing that you're ignorant if you're not aware of Jack's work.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 09.12.15.png

Name someone 10x more famous than Jack Monroe? Uh, Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Aniston? Jamie Oliver?? Even Gregg Wallace lols.

• Haha

kachoochoo

VIP Member
anyhoo, being part of a panel at a fringe event does not equate to "speaking at conference" as jack had it

she's so fucking pompous

"I'm Speaking At Conference About This"

no love, you're part of a tiny smol fringe event, while the grown ups are off At Conference to continue to grind the labour party into dust with infighting while letting the Tories continue their ruination of the country

(apologies for off topic. I'm angry about stuff)

• Heart
There hasn't been a homebound train chaos yet. Options are:

1. She's still there, lost at conference like an idiotic fly unable to find the doorway she entered by
2. She's still there and is at the very exclusive eaterie Five Guys with her new panel friends explaining how she could make the food better herself with tinned potatoes and grated corned beef
3. Louisa was following the outbound train chaos, rode her bike there at top speed, seized her phone and threw it into the sea
4. The train journey was uneventful

• Haha
  • Heart

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Can we PLEASE get a Matt Hancock style CCTV leak of Jack clattering through reception and then 'sorry'-ing and 'excuse me'-ing her way down the aisle while the panel and crowd hush to a mortified murmer, Opal Fruits wrappers drifting from her slightly open backpack like confetti at a sad wedding.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Imagine Marcus Rashford, on his way to talk at Conference, tweeting wildly about the difference between Nik-Naks and Wotsits.

• Haha

Tabitha D

VIP Member
This thing about her company accounts/taxes does remain pretty murky though. We know she has a company set up (presumably for tax purposes). She said at the start of lockdown that she wasn’t eligible for furlough so was paying Caroline out of her own pocket. But the list the HMRC published of furlough recipients showed that Jack’s company had been claiming furlough payments throughout. (So she was fibbing - how very unlike her. 🙄)
Then she did that post to Rishi where she was blubbing because she wasn’t getting tax breaks for being self-employed. But if she runs everything through her company, she’s not self-employed - she’s an employee of the company. So was she trying to claim double from the Govt (furlough for company employees PLUS tax breaks for the self-employed)?? Cos if so, that looks very much like fraud.

• Wow
  • Heart

Legionnairess

Chatty Member
Another squig fighting the good fight. Can I ask also what the rules are about posting here and on twitter? I take it we can’t directly engage with Jack (not that I can anymore 😂)? Or do we need to not mention her at all in anyway? I guess I am just a bit confused.
7E503550-45C8-48E8-98B0-AA793FFD5D05.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 68

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Are we talking Jack Monroe of On a Bootstrap Ltd, incorporated 16 March 2018, who has only filed one set of accounts, that were late (June 2020), but hasn’t paid her income tax since, is at conference speaking about austerity?

• Haha
  • Angry

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Ispyabudgetbeanblogger (what a mouthful) and @FrumpyCat for two different nominations of this thread title. You can also go to conference.

So, Jack came back to Twitter on the Saturday to campaign against the £20 cut to Universal Credit. It was an excellent opportunity to remind everyone that she, too, used a food bank. Also that she went shopping a few times, spent £20 on a pile of mismatched yellow-stickered food, took photos and and waited for her Nobel Prize.

Journos! Take note! This is what £20 looks like in groceries. ©️JACK MONROE @BootStrapCook

She spent a lot of the day arguing her points, but has been quiet today, probably cos she’s busy at the Labour Party Conference.

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a suggestion, as it’s easier to search. Also, please hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.
New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki (pink button).

• Haha
  • Heart