Jack Monroe #209 Jack Monroe is late to conference

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please help a dopey frau, but I have no idea what shadowbanned means 😁
It’s a thing where you just ignore someone and let them get on with whatever insignificant little thing they might get up to and not give it any oxygen 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I have actually spotted her in the wild! It was when she was living in the house by the sea, I saw her by the shops and also getting off the train once, it was around the time of the Katie Hopkins trial with the kumquat hair no less!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
A real life kumquat experience, dear heart! And getting off a train without incident?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I did that with the fishy egg thingy, still no idea what anchoaide is (or how to spell it).
Jack Monroe, making more tit that poor people have no interest in.
I want to hear Jack pronounce anchoiade in her trembly tones

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I like anchovies on pizza but the thought of regurgitated anchovy paste fingered into a boiled egg is truly boaksome

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Thought you all derserved a break from the slop. So i went annoyingly creepy. Think i might be her?!

read a book recently that retells p+p and subsequent events from Mary's pov. Mr Collins comes off surprisingly sympathetically. I can't look at him in a bad light anymore

• Heart
Reactions: 24
View attachment 787074

#1978Truther

By Jack's own admission, she's 28 in this photo. Nope, she looks more like a youthful 38. Honestly.
If it was 2010, she'd be 22.

It's a rough looking 22, granted, but I'm still not a #1978truther. Her parents are only in their mid/late 50s now, and her brother is a couple of years older than her. Obviously it's possible if they'd been teen parents - a friend of mine is 42 with a 58yr old mum - but given what we know about their careers and cultural backgrounds, I doubt it.

Also, what's the bet she made a huge fuss about wearing a suit and not a dress to the wedding

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
If it was 2010, she'd be 22.

It's a rough looking 22, granted, but I'm still not a #1978truther. Her parents are only in their mid/late 50s now, and her brother is a couple of years older than her. Obviously it's possible if they'd been teen parents - a friend of mine is 42 with a 58yr old mum - but given what we know about their careers and cultural backgrounds, I doubt it.

Also, what's the bet she made a huge fuss about wearing a suit and not a dress to the wedding
My terrible maths yes! I is stoopid innit lol.

I stand by 78 though, I said youthful 38 earlier, and 32 is about right. Maybe she had a turning-30 crisis and that sparked it all off.

The only thing certain right now, is that my maths are indeed tit :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
read a book recently that retells p+p and subsequent events from Mary's pov. Mr Collins comes off surprisingly sympathetically. I can't look at him in a bad light anymore
True but i will always love lydia reaction when finding out he was coming and she fucks off across the garden like a whippet, only to peer through the windows.

Its how imagine people are when she is about.

The sighs, the eyerolls the immediately having to be somewhere else or basically someone (Elizabeth) taking for the team and actually working with her.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Thank you for the #facts. Two silly questions:

1. what happens now, do we just enter an eternal loop of warnings for strike offs then stopping the strike offs? Can this continue forever?
2. When her juicy year accts are she (in 6 months iirc?) and she’s late for the third year running do they triple the fines?!

Is it possible she’s just gonna take the piss and it’ll all be okay?!
1. Yes, this loop can go on forever as long as she files something eventually. I'm pretty certain the strike off warning issued this year was for not filing the confirmation statement because that was due 15 days before the accounts (normally they would be 3 months apart for this company, but because of the Covid extension from HMRC they landed in the same month this year). Now that's submitted, the strike off cycle will start again for the accounts not being filed. It takes about 4 months to go from the first warning letter they send you to the Gazette notice and then you have 2 months from the date of the Gazette notice to stop it.

2. Accounts covering the interesting period (1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021) are due 31st December this year, but they won't tell us what was earned that year, she only has to submit a balance sheet, not a profit and loss. Fines don't get any worse than the level she'll be at from 1st October, they just stay doubled from the standard rate if filings are continually late.

I wouldn't want to be playing chicken with filings like this because if the company does get struck off by Companies House all its assets then belong to the Crown, including any cash in the bank account.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I have actually spotted her in the wild! It was when she was living in the house by the sea, I saw her by the shops and also getting off the train once, it was around the time of the Katie Hopkins trial with the kumquat hair no less!
And you lived to tell the tale, was it the best ever?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
1. Yes, this loop can go on forever as long as she files something eventually. I'm pretty certain the strike off warning issued this year was for not filing the confirmation statement because that was due 15 days before the accounts (normally they would be 3 months apart for this company, but because of the Covid extension from HMRC they landed in the same month this year). Now that's submitted, the strike off cycle will start again for the accounts not being filed. It takes about 4 months to go from the first warning letter they send you to the Gazette notice and then you have 2 months from the date of the Gazette notice to stop it.

2. Accounts covering the interesting period (1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021) are due 31st December this year, but they won't tell us what was earned that year, she only has to submit a balance sheet, not a profit and loss. Fines don't get any worse than the level she'll be at from 1st October, they just stay doubled from the standard rate if filings are continually late.

I wouldn't want to be playing chicken with filings like this because if the company does get struck off by Companies House all its assets then belong to the Crown, including any cash in the bank account.
I know they're not my accounts, but this gives me so much second-hand anxiety!
ETA I think because £1.5k is a lot of money to me, never mind £3k. I can only guess the same doesn't apply to Jack.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Did you shout Tattooed white trash shouldn't breed, or sidle up to Jack to gently, softly, shyly cofide that her recipes saved your life?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Just lying in bed here, unable to sleep, and can't stop thinking about what kind of cooking facilities and ingredients political prisoners have access to.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.