Jack Monroe #207 Jack Morley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we need to enact some sort of welfare check on Hotes? Cos that thing was definitely gaining sentience, and not of the benevolent sort. Brundlefly = Hotesoats.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Do we need to enact some sort of welfare check on Hotes? Cos that thing was definitely gaining sentience, and not of the benevolent sort. Brundlefly = Hotesoats.
I know what you mean. I am a bit fearful that something that looks a bit like this has escaped from the slow cooker and is working it's way towards hotes' bedroom
ywjed.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
We must be at/nearing the anniversary of Brenda’s bangers too. My reference point being I was in hospital waiting for BabyBeds to arrive and every time someone posted a pic or a comment I was hooting and losing more waters 😆. However please no one recreate that flaccid mess, the oats have been terrifying enough :eek: :sick:.

Searching for the picture (will spoiler when found) but this gif is making me cry with laughter at the memory…

CE4A8D6B-9A02-49A0-B314-B8C050080FD3.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
I’m back! It didn’t kill me in my sleep and it hasn’t alerted my neighbour that something was simmering all night. Shreddies for me this morning, despite this delightful offering

98D0A15E-BE23-4C4F-A301-C048B6950DF4.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
No one can claim the Cabal haven't given Jack's recipes a fair trial. Our criticism comes from experience, and not malice.

I’m back! It didn’t kill me in my sleep and it hasn’t alerted my neighbour that something was simmering all night. Shreddies for me this morning, despite this delightful offering

View attachment 773793
You know where you've gone wrong don't you? You need to put a spoonfull in the middle of a puddle of cold coconut milk.

It is weird though, there's a kind of pride that comes with making a Jack recipe. Especially one that turns out looking like vomit (to be fair, I would imagine that would be most of them.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Do you not have a smaller pot and more expensive spoon? Where is your background wallpaper?

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Wheres the old dishcloth for a table mat?

It looks like paper mache that an art teacher as found cleaning out their supply closet after a full teaching career.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I know i'm going to regret asking this but @HotesTilaire ...how would you describe the texture?! As suspected, chucking blended apples in the slow cooker does not magically caramelise them

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Please could a technical frau put up Jack and Hotes pictures so a compare and contrast can be made? I am wondering how Jack got hers to look brown. I suspect covering in coconut milk was an exercise in camoflage.

edited to say - if it was left unstirred for 8 hours whilst on perhaps there were some nearly burnt bits?
Having found the photo I think that if the hot oatmeal was covered in a sprinkling of brown sugar it would melt to give it the colour Jacks has.

Reactions: 23
I mean… I wouldn’t not eat it… but it does look like wallpaper paste. I definitely don’t understand the need for additional milk, unless it’s particularly solid? Like a brick? How would an extra 5 hours in the slow cooker have ended up Hotes?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.