Jack Monroe #202 All of my spoons tell stories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hasn’t even thought about getting them out - it’s all for the gram. They will get dumped in a bin, with the stolen bottle that will not get recycled. The whole exercise is wasteful.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
I dont get it i have been black berrying loads (call me tom sawyer,)
33026774982_8ee052bb36_b.jpg
but that aint it. Shes also dressed inappropriately for it where the gingham pinafore dress and straw boater.

Like everyone else said why the milk bottle i hope shes making jam because the berrys are.

All together now RUINED

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Middle class mum coat - check

Sylvia Plath poem - check

Carrie style blackberrying - check

But none of it makes sense together, she's extremely mixed up

• Haha
Reactions: 51
It was this time last year that I mentioned about foraging for berries and apples. It's taken her some time, but she's got there. The berries this year aren't a patch on last years, obviously the growing conditions are not as favourable.

Last year I picked punnets and punnets, enough to make 12 jars of jam and loads of crumbles and never once, not a single once, did I get hands as covered as her's. So bloody performative. Everything has to be over the top.

I've just finished in the hospital, now off to enjoy one if the museums London has to offer. I've booked timed tickets, but won't say where in case 🔺️

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
It was this time last year that I mentioned about foraging for berries and apples. It's taken her some time, but she's got there. The berries this year aren't a patch on last years, obviously the growing conditions are not as favourable.

I've just finished in the hospital, now off to enjoy one if the museums London has to offer. I've booked timed tickets, but won't say where in case 🔺️
Did you visit your effigy?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
No offence to her but if you Google sylvia plath milkbottles, the second search down is a guardian article. Perhaps this is where she discovered her whilst scouring for her own coloumn.

Reactions: 24
View attachment 721339

🤢🤢🤢 Who picks up blackberries with the palm of your hands? You get messy fingers at a push.

And who brings a glass milk bottle out to collect blackberries? So impractical... they already look like theyre fermenting 🤢
She's deliberately mashed her hands into them 🤢 No one who has ever picked blackberries (and I'm guessing that would be a pretty decent percentage of us) will have ended up with hands like that.

I've just seen this, and it made me think of the plug hair and tin can lost masterpiece

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
She's deliberately mashed her hands into them 🤢 No one who has ever picked blackberries (and I'm guessing that would be a pretty decent percentage of us) will have ended up with hands like that.
One of my fave books as a kid was" goodnight mr tom" the little boy in it talks about going "blackberryin" for the first time with the country children. The author describes them with lips and hands stained with red berry juice due to them eating the berries as they picked them. Shes just trying to make herself sound like a character from a book of yore. 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 34
There’s a far better (imo) poem about blackberry picking by Seamus Heaney, but it won’t have the same melodramatic gravitas as Plath for Jack.

Surprised she didn’t reference Lady Macbeth with ‘will these hands ne’er be clean?’ (good question) and ‘Out, damned slop spot.’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
One of my fave books as a kid was" goodnight mr tom" the little boy in it talks about going "blackberryin" for the first time with the country children. The author describes them with lips and hands stained with red berry juice due to them eating the berries as they picked them. Shes just trying to make herself sound like a character from a book of yore. 🙄🙄🙄
Yes! It’s such a weird mashup of ‘BY GOLLY, I CAN BE WHOLESOME AND ESSEX’S ANSWER TO CATH KIDSTON!’ and ‘allow me allude to a gritty, skint life but be sure to tip Messrs Patreon on the way out, yeah?’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.