Jack Monroe #202 All of my spoons tell stories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack loves presnting mediocre to average stuff with an air of faux modesty then sitting there waiting for the plaudits to roll in.

So far there has been the drawing, tremulous singing, piano playing, average photography, pitiful attempts at home crafting, and that godawful poem about stones in pockets. I think there may have been some dancing.

None of it has been really really bad, apart from the poem and piano playing, just really amateurish.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
What do the words say under her name on the spoons effort?

That drawing really is pathetic. I showed it to my partner who has a degree in fine art, and was in the past an art teacher. He thought I was showing him a picture my nephew's 12 year old son had drawn. He said, minibee is doing great, just needs to learn about depth and perspective to create a three dimensional image. He thought that it was a reasonable submission for a GCSE, but would only scrape a pass.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Sorry I missed the post about stones in pockets but pretty sure that is a play by a northern Irish playwright

Reactions: 16
*points at the thread title*
It says that, then her name, and then two words under her name that i can't make out. Looks like burp 11.

ETA, could it be dec 11, as in december 2011?
But if it is 2011, surely that would be in the middle of the poverty.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I love how every time I read the word 'singing' in relation to Jack it's almost always preceded by the word 'tremulous'.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I wonder....if LJC was in Southend hospital, maybe she never left the crappy bungalow. The bungalow has never appeared online for sale or rent so legally Jack may not have left (name still on lease perhaps). But I don't think she currently lives there. LJC maybe took it over. Or one of her conditions for not leaving was for Jack to seek therapy.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Sorry I missed the post about stones in pockets but pretty sure that is a play by a northern Irish playwright

You are right, but Jack was being all maverick and moody (plus she is a plaguarist).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
20210815_124403.jpg

TIP 2
And if you have neither 'knocking about', do take a look around the back of the sofa or behind one of your sideboards. Failing that, try the big bench at the local park.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.