Jack Monroe #200 Yes you can freeze glass jars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh. Those cards, and the cringey reviews šŸ¤® I know what the not SG, who is a couple of months younger than SB, would say if I pulled those out at 6.30am!

Wonder what this 'work' is she's on about?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
[
Arenā€™t they bloody awful.
A lot of things can instil confidence in kids, which donā€™t involve reciting cards with mama over breakfast.
When youā€™re about to start HIGH SCHOOL šŸ„“
And are they still havng the tea time conversation cards?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Ugh. Those cards, and the cringey reviews šŸ¤® I know what the not SG, who is a couple of months younger than SB, would say if I pulled those out at 6.30am!

Dino naps, rearranging furniture, twatting on twitter as one of her gazillion šŸ§¦

• Haha
Reactions: 29
How fun, i have a late start to work lets not go out for cheap breakfast, go foar a brisk walk along the beach, watch some cartoons,lets make ourselves feel good about ourselves before ignore you for the next xxx hours.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
The way Jack holds and uses the cooking utensils is so awkward. I thought the way she used a knife was bad enough, but she holds that spoon like it is a weapon. Jack is cack handed and it is uncomfortable to watch.
I always think Mom has her own personal way of using utensils too, of course impeccable M Berry also.
I've been around lots of folk who started cooking in various times, cultures and environments, who've gone on to prepare delicious amazing food in their own set ways that just wouldn't come naturally to my hands and would be awkward to me. From what tools they use to how they use them, to the order of how they get things done.
I think Jack's cack handedness is because the "food" is cack from brain to plate. And of course as has been said is just a deteriorated vehicle for their sneering ignorant self centered grudges and judgements.
And the discomfort in seeing Jack's methods for me is because all the equipment is just a prop to them, to accessorise (I'm blanking at the spelling of that butšŸ„• isn't here for me right now) the mendacious ego. Food and all it can be and do is by the by.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Sorry lads I went on holiday and was
BUSY and missed the fun.
Whatā€™s occurring?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Affirmation cards are a poorly-fitted band-aid in SB's case because his mother's issues will continue to blight his life.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
duck me. I just change the crappy nappy ASAP and tell my reluxy baby to stop puking at the same time. Iā€™m having visions of The Help, ā€œYou is smart, you is kind, you is important.ā€
šŸ˜‚ I canā€™t imagine having a zen enough home that you can repeat life affirming affirmations to a child who is trying to claw their way away from you.

If these reviews are saying age appropriate for 19 months wtf is on the cards? Thank you for not kicking off in the car seat āœØI honour the braveness in youāœØ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Iā€™m so late I canā€™t even like or give hearts to you all but you have made me hoot! Have some BublĆ©

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Can anyone explain to me why you would use 'confidence cards' meant for 2 year olds with your 12 year old?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 48

Fear not dear heart! They're probably working those poorly fingers to the bone by sticking a whole collabs worth of Del Monte labels together with sticky back plastic to fashion some sort of wearable 'poverty skin'.
Think "Buffalo Bill" but less socially & morally awarešŸ‘šŸ¼

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Can anyone explain to me why you would use 'confidence cards' meant for 2 year olds with your 12 year old?
Jack does refer to him as 'the boy' now. Smol no more! Progress!

Still chooses to use toddler toys with him.....

• Sad
Reactions: 30
What I dislike most about these cards is their complete failure to acknowledge structural inequality. Fact is, we can't all do anything we put our minds to and they seem to place the responsibility for success/failure on the child's shoulders. Also, in the wrong hands, they are counter-therapeutic.
Agreed, looks a lot like toxic positivity to me.
Pleased that Jack has beautifully designed, high quality glossy cards - one for every week of the year- to look at with the family, UNLIKE THE THRIFTY SHADE OF BEIGE PATREONS

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.