Jack Monroe #200 Yes you can freeze glass jars

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In just going to leave this here for anyone from Southend who reads this thread...

This!
I grew up a few miles away from where Jack lives đŸ”ș and there are so many lovely places to go, but apart from a couple of pictures of Johnny in a park or being used in a pity-me post, he always seems to be used as a prop in her tales of woe. Without SB Jack wouldn't have been any sort of a blogger, influencer, journalist, food writer etc. etc....

Reactions: 34
I genuinely feel for SB and part of me worries for him when he goes to secondary school that he’s going to get bullied because of Jack’s internet performances, especially the way she speaks about him.
Kids can be cruel, growing up my dad was a tramper so was away a lot and remember my brother coming home from school in tears because a kid in his class had started saying our dad was in prison.
I wouldn’t like to be starting secondary being related to Jack, a couple of clicks and you’ve basically got a smorgasbord of ammunition to taunt the poor kid.
I really think this is inevitable, and my heart breaks for him.

The other thing is when they start saying things she's claimed about his childhood... even if you give her huge benefit of the doubt on the things she's "consistent" about, she's told so many versions they can't all be true and he's going to likely have kids taunting him with "Your mum says X in this interview" when X directly contradicts his own recollection/what his other relatives have told him. How confusing is that going to be for him?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Those confidence cards are aimed at children much younger than SB suggested best for age 2-5 years

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Odd that it's all going down on Insta, isn't it? Who's she avoiding? Maybe she doesn't want Mom seeing the jobsies
I legit thought you’d written “Maybe she doesn’t want Mom seeing the JOBBIES”. A jobby is a poo where I come from

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I genuinely feel for SB and part of me worries for him when he goes to secondary school that he’s going to get bullied because of Jack’s internet performances, especially the way she speaks about him.
Kids can be cruel, growing up my dad was a tramper so was away a lot and remember my brother coming home from school in tears because a kid in his class had started saying our dad was in prison.
I wouldn’t like to be starting secondary being related to Jack, a couple of clicks and you’ve basically got a smorgasbord of ammunition to taunt the poor kid.
I remember seeing a document somewhere where he was listed under her original surname. With any luck, he can start his new school with his father's surname and hide his mother as much as possible. After all, she's not exactly going to be recognised and mobbed on the street, is she?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Fraus, THAT MAN has delivered yet again and has provided Granola Dust

which sounds a lot more appealing than mushroom dust.

I reckon Jools is a tattler!

Also see THAT BOY making rather nice looking campfire beans

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I remember seeing a document somewhere where he was listed under her original surname. With any luck, he can start his new school with his father's surname and hide his mother as much as possible. After all, she's not exactly going to be recognised and mobbed on the street, is she?
Definitely not, who could recognise these two?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Fraus, THAT MAN has delivered yet again and has provided Granola Dust

which sounds a lot more appealing than mushroom dust.

I reckon Jools is a tattler!

Also see THAT BOY making rather nice looking campfire beans

Why does the word dust sound so unappealing?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I too am confused about 'holiday hair'. I assumed it meant grown out, fluffy and unkempt but then she posts a video of him with perfectly neatly cut hair. Jack hun, he wants to go and play Roblox with his mates, not stand taking pics of your turd-like creations on your second phone while you take pics of him doing so and post it to all and sundry after claiming to blur backgrounds for his protection. Or maybe she just didn't want us seeing what new stuff she's acquired over the summer.
On a grunk but holiday hair is usually dyed a colour or long or short - in a way that they wouldn’t be allowed to have at school. Anything outside of the uniform rules.
If he’s dyed it - as the pic seemed to show- he would be sent home from school. But it’s ok as it’s the summer holidays.

Reactions: 34
My daughters are only a couple of years older than SB but they still go crazy if they are cooped up all day. Kids need walking like puppies. Also, SB’s mates will definitely find his mum on social media soon if they haven’t already. I guarantee SB’s teachers are 100% aware of her antics in the public domain too.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
I'm sure she shared some sort of Earth Day post where her son had made a sculpture which had his full name on it and his last name was Monroe. I remember it was a screenshot because she deleted the article from her blog but I can't find the bloody thing so now I'm wondering if I invented it and if I did invent it, why are my delusions becoming so tedious? Brb going to sing in my bathroom to try and convince myself I'm possessed by the spirit of Stevie Nicks.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.