Jack Monroe #199 Just mind-bogglingly, gobsmackingly stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god. Positive, caring, happy clappy, engagement-upping Jack is possibly the most disingenuous of all Jacks.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I can't say I am keen on these documentaries of the life of someone who had a troubled and complex life. Not so soon after she died, and not of someone wo died so young.

Amy played out her addictions in the full glare of the media, they no doubt added to her issues. It is far too soon for a documentary delving into the areas of her life that she struggled with. It is also a bit distasteful that it is the self same media that hounded Amy while she was alive. I remember a news clip where a BBC reporter tried to interview Amy on the doorstep. It was clear she was off her face on some substance or other and very distressed. The resulting so called interview was shown on the evening news, it was terrible.

Maybe in another 10 years, but not now. Not to assuage the feelings of gilt by those around her. Not to titillate those who didn't know her. Not as entertainment for the ghouls that like nothing better than watch other's suffering.

A celebration of her music would be a more fitting tribute. I don't need to hear saccharine accounts of her life from those around her that pushed her too much, were enablers or part of her problems ( I am looking at you Mitch.)

They will say it will be a celebration of her life, but it will be a parade of people toadying around, making syrupy sweet comments. They will no doubt be analysing why she took to substance abuse, when the only person that really knows is no longer with us.

Sorry for long rant.

And for Jack to use Amy's death as a means to boost her own Twitter engagement is equally disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 90
They will say it will be a celebration of her life, but it will be a parade of people toadying around, making syrupy sweet comments. They will no doubt be analysing why she took to substance abuse, when the only person that really knows is no longer with us.
Couldn’t agree more with what you’re saying. I absolutely loved Amy as a performer and I fully agree that a celebration of her genius would be far more of a tribute.
Also sickening that Jack has used this as an angle for engagement. No doubt we’ll get some more sad fishing on Twitter about her own battle with addiction. Yuck yuck yuck. Makes me feel like I’ve eaten a bowl of slop.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
There's already been a successful documentary, titled Amy, it went in hard on the media and of course her dad objected to it because it was fairly harsh on him IIRC.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Maybe this is just another new Jack, “tv guide Jack” and her next tweet will be something like “…and later tonight we’ll have the national news, followed by local news and then the weather ⛅

Behind a spoiler because it’s really off topic, but this evening‘s documentary is meant to give more of perspective from Amy’s mother’s point of view, and from the other women in her life. It’s because it’s ten years ago today since she passed away, and the idea is that after this she’ll be left in peace.
I fully agree that the music should speak for itself. There are a few radio and tv shows coming up that are just about the music, with live performances and interviews with other artists about Amy’s influence on them. There’s a list linked here if anyone’s interested.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
There's already been a successful documentary, titled Amy, it went in hard on the media and of course her dad objected to it because it was fairly harsh on him IIRC.
That's why I think this will be more along the lines of a procession of over sentimental people, waxing lyrical about their relationship with Amy. While truth be told, they were more than likely part of her problems. Let her lie in peace and appreciate the musical legacy she left behind.

Watching her mother open the storage unit with Amy's possessions in is a personal thing, not something to be witnessed by the masses. That and watching Mitch make excuses for his behaviour. Call me old fashioned, but I don't think it is right.

If Jack does use this to shoehorn her own rehab into the conversation, she is more despicable than I thought.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I’m not sure what would be worse. A tweet thread piggy backing off the whole thing (Let me tell you all the ways I am just like Amy Winehouse because of my Sainsbury’s value lager addiction. 1/262), or Jack doing a warbly, nasal cover version of one of her songs, trying to sound like her. My money is on Valerie.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
Oh god. Positive, caring, happy clappy, engagement-upping Jack is possibly the most disingenuous of all Jacks.
It creeps me out but I can't put a finger on why. Sort of like the way cult leaders freak you out.

eta: i bet she either doesn't blink enough or blinks far too much

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Couldn’t agree more with what you’re saying. I absolutely loved Amy as a performer and I fully agree that a celebration of her genius would be far more of a tribute.
Also sickening that Jack has used this as an angle for engagement. No doubt we’ll get some more sad fishing on Twitter about her own battle with addiction. Yuck yuck yuck. Makes me feel like I’ve eaten a bowl of slop.
Amy was chewed up and spat out by the system. Her dad wanted her towork despite her battling addiction and her ed.

I for one wont be watching it because, i have read up on enough of poor amys life that i have decided i do not want to pay it further to the very people who hounded her and made her work when she was clearly unwell. Id rather give my evenings licence fee to an alcohol/ drug charity that pay than pay them.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Mavens! I think I have found out why she is quiet, she has a top secret gig,🥸 she is teaching Brooklyn beckham to cook!

Spotted this on another thread

I’m obsessed with Brooklyn Beckham’s ‘cooking’ videos - are they parody? So far we’ve had spicy tomato pasta (from a jar), a sausage sandwich and french toast.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I’m not sure what would be worse. A tweet thread piggy backing off the whole thing (Let me tell you all the ways I am just like Amy Winehouse because of my Sainsbury’s value lager addiction. 1/262), or Jack doing a warbly, nasal cover version of one of her songs, trying to sound like her. My money is on Valerie.
Nah it's gotta be Rehab for our poked and prodded princess!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Mavens! I think I have found out why she is quiet, she has a top secret gig,🥸 she is teaching Brooklyn beckham to cook!

Spotted this on another thread

I’m obsessed with Brooklyn Beckham’s ‘cooking’ videos - are they parody? So far we’ve had spicy tomato pasta (from a jar), a sausage sandwich and french toast.
I follow Brooklyn on Instagram. (I know, I know. I need to have an absolute word with myself) The cooking videos have been an interesting addition to my feed. They've got to be parody right?! You often can't see what he's doing very well as the camera isn't at the best angle. He's obviously been taking tips from Jack for framing his shots.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
It creeps me out but I can't put a finger on why. Sort of like the way cult leaders freak you out.

I think we’ll start seeing her wearing shades a whole lot more soon.

744F13A0-EC10-45C4-A19F-B8B3599DE534.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Jack'd be better watching the Belle Gibson doc instead
I see the last person she interacted with on twitter brought up Dawn Butler, who said in parliament yesterday "It's funny that we get in trouble in this place for calling out the lie rather than the person lying." Anyhoo, reminded me of tattle but doubtless Jack won't see it that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Can we have a “o god, she’s back” emoji?
Pleeeeeeeeaaase? It can just be a pic of @ChickenPorridge avatar!

I feel like we counted blinks once, but maybe I was in a fugue state and I imagined it.
Off to count Jack’s blinks. I’ll bet my solid food she’s under rather than over blinking.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I've been gently, softly dancing down Memory Lane in 6 inch heels again. Today marks the anniversary of Jack discovering the chilled mezze section of the local Asda and threatening to produce a Greek Cypriot cookbook.

(Narrator: She did not, in fact, go home.)

Screenshot_20210722-165231_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210722-165240_Samsung Internet.jpg

(Original screenshots by @Marmalade Atkins )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.