Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you look at TK twitter, the contrast is striking! Supporting the anti racism cries properly, retweeting sensibly, no showboating about his friendship with Marcus, actual edible food, and a genuine lovely bloke vibe all over his SM.

I wonder why they didn't want Jack for the meal schemes.....

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Sister Unella would like a word with you Jack. Also seeing her body of work with Cersei is she a top tier stylist at Toni and Guy Stratford?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Doesn’t the fact that she only has photos/videos with Marcus from the GC event just price to everyone that that’s the first and only time she met him? Therefore, that was her only real involvement in his campaigns and she wasn’t actually involved ‘behind the scenes’?

She’s basically just accidentally admitting to having done almost nothing for #fulltimemeals. Dying of secondhand embarrassment for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Exactly what Mancbee says. I love what Rashford has done with the meals, but you can still think that was a shite way of taking a penalty! What was he thinking, it looked so so bad!

As well as Southgate's choice for having such young players take the penalty pressure. Not sure if there are statistics on whether old or young players handle penalty pressures better, but I wouldn't have picked the 19 and 21 years olds and perhaps not even the 23 year old.

I do hope they get good professional support etc, but looking at my Twitter feed now (I know that's not real life) it's almost as if the penalty missers are the real heroes of the tournament, which seems like a cramped reaction too.
That's the way he takes his penalties though. He took his one against PSG in very much the same way. It can be hard to unlearn that way of doing something. Gareth even said they brought him on against Colombia late in the game because they knew Marcus was good at pens. Same thing with Sancho. They're technically good at them. I agree with maybe Saka not taking one but then it should have been Grealish or Sterling

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Why did she have to tweet the video of her and Marcus as a rebuttal that her "three lions" photograph wasn't meant as critical of the three that missed the penalties? Why could she not just tweet, "I think you have misinterpreted my tweet. It was meant as support not criticism." She could have tweeted any number of positive comments about the players. But no, she had to make herself front and centre.

The fact that she was once paid to present an award to him is irrelevant. It doesn't prove she likes him, or supports him, or even knows him. It just proves she once got paid to do a job with him for one single day. After all, she normally hates people like Marcus that have been "up in her niche" the way he has for the past year.

Once again, she has tried to make the whole thing about her. The purpose of the video was to bring the limelight back to her. I am not sure it worked though. She's as transparent as a butcher's window.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Why did she have to tweet the video of her and Marcus as a rebuttal that her "three lions" photograph wasn't meant as critical of the three that missed the penalties? Why could she not just tweet, "I think you have misinterpreted my tweet. It was meant as support not criticism." She could have tweeted any number of positive comments about the players. But no, she had to make herself front and centre.
Narcissism, of course!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
OMG I totally flaked on the fact that pic was off the penalty misses players. I thought it was focussing on the black players and trying to say we shouldn’t be racist in a super clumsy and offensive fashion.
They fluffed penalties, under the highest pressure. Penalties are a lottery and Pickford saved two! We should never put ourselves in that position over 120 minutes so I don’t attach any particular blame to those players. The whole team was outplayed in the second half. They are brave lads for stepping up.
I don’t think Grealish is that good at penalties so wasn’t picked.

Reactions: 33
Latest Twitter stats:

Screenshot_20210712-123838_Opera.jpg

Jack followed 22 new accounts yesterday. That's not very interesting but I do like stats and stuff so 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Exactly what Mancbee says. I love what Rashford has done with the meals, but you can still think that was a shite way of taking a penalty! What was he thinking, it looked so so bad!

As well as Southgate's choice for having such young players take the penalty pressure. Not sure if there are statistics on whether old or young players handle penalty pressures better, but I wouldn't have picked the 19 and 21 years olds and perhaps not even the 23 year old.

I do hope they get good professional support etc, but looking at my Twitter feed now (I know that's not real life) it's almost as if the penalty missers are the real heroes of the tournament, which seems like a cramped reaction too.
Sterling should have been recognised as our top player.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Doesn’t the fact that she only has photos/videos with Marcus from the GC event just price to everyone that that’s the first and only time she met him? Therefore, that was her only real involvement in his campaigns and she wasn’t actually involved ‘behind the scenes’?

She’s basically just accidentally admitting to having done almost nothing for #fulltimemeals. Dying of secondhand embarrassment for her.
IIRC (and I've tried to wipe it from my memory) both the video and excruciating article that followed made it very clear it was the first time she'd met him.
She was giddy and starstruck and he just kept staring at her in embarrassment. She also made a big thing about awkwardly going to shake his hand and he refused because of covid rules.
That just wouldn't happen if there was an existing friendship or work relationship.
Also, he doesn't follow her in anyway on SM.He doesn't like or RT anything she puts out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
IIRC (and I've tried to wipe it from my memory) both the video and excruciating article that followed made it very clear it was the first time she'd met him.
She was giddy and starstruck and he just kept staring at her in embarrassment. She also made a big thing about awkwardly going to shake his hand and he refused because of covid rules.
That just wouldn't happen if there was an existing friendship or work relationship.
Also, he doesn't follow her in anyway on SM.He doesn't like or RT anything she puts out.
She also made a big point in that article how much more money he earned than her and it was clear to everyone how unfair she felt that was.

I'm really struggling with the news and social media at the moment in general. Especially this morning. It just feels utterly hopeless. People being horrible to one another, no thought or care for society, racism rife, division over everything particularly the unlocking of restrictions. Urgh. I can't work out if everything is as bad as it seems or if everyone spouting off about it is making it seem like it's worse than it actually is. I guess that's why Jack gets my goat so much because she just embodies the worst of all that. Generally mithering on about something she knows nothing about and then whipping others up into a frenzy. Sorry to derail just all feels bleak!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
In response to whoever asked did Jack really say they were going to make a vegan version of crunchy nut cornflake chicken. Yes, they did. I didn't realise that crunchy nut cornflakes were not vegan. I wonder if Jack does now. Vegan crunchy nut cornflake chicken without the crunchy nut cornflakes, or anything remotely resembling chicken. Its pineapple hats all over again.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Cue quaint Victorian mamapapa tweets about how she’ll have to wake SB at the crack of dawn (he sleeps at 7pm after all) to break the bad news. They’ll claw at the floor and wail to the skies and batch cook some potatoes 🙄

People here still doing their planned fireworks displays anyway 😂
That's that English optimism we hear so much about! They were going off when I left work last night and I almost had to double check the score.

How are these two mortifying tweets still up (print screens attached so it doesn’t become a monster post)

At least two of those should come with a trigger warning good god I dunno which is worse, AAVE Jack (it's one size fits all Black slang as far as Jack is concerned) or Spectacularly Pre-emptive Jack with the wee tweet about working with Kerridge and Rashford there, before that interview with the two of them laughing about meatballs came out and Jack was nowhere to be seen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
She also made a big point in that article how much more money he earned than her and it was clear to everyone how unfair she felt that was.
Jack thinks everything is unfair in her privileged life. She doesn't understand how things are earned in life.

Reactions: 28
She's just not suited for a normal job though. The media lot fell for her because she presented a palatable version of The Poors they could cope with. The fact she managed to string so many people along for so long shows how fucked up and out of touch most forms of print and TV are now.

She'd be a nightmare working a day job, absolute nightmare. Customers would hate dealing with her, and the complaints! They complain about everything - I scored super high on service, product knowledge, approachability etc, but that customer also wrote they didn't like my face, so I've now got a mark on my record because of that. For my face! Can you imagine our Jack with something like that?!
Was this customer 6, because crikey that is a childish comment. She would spend her days howling and clawing at the floor.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.