Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's posts about working with Rashford always have a strong 'stolen valour' vibe to me.

Her stories of her past in the fire service too btw. It's all the same mechanism.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
This ownership of Marcus she feels she has, and always has since their ‘collaboration’ ... it’s uncomfortable. It won’t be a comfort to him 😬 (if he has any knowledge of it).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
I haven't experienced this level of gut-wrenching cringe at the very pit of my stomach for several months which can only mean one thing...JACK IS BACK

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
This ownership of Marcus she feels she has, and always has since their ‘collaboration’ ... it’s uncomfortable. It won’t be a comfort to him 😬 (if he has any knowledge of it).
Agreed, it’s really weird and someone smart could do a think piece Twitter thread on how a MC white woman has responded to a WC black man getting involved in “her life’s work”. With focus on Jack monetising this for herself versus Marcus actually getting tit done very effectively, at a cost to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Whilst I do not support abuse, racism or Twitter "pile ons", I fail to see why, what Marcus has done for charity precludes him from criticism in his (highly paid) day job.

If I were to raise thousands of pounds for charity, but when I went to work lost the company a contract through my incompetence, I would expect to be criticised for it. No mater if my performance in the company to date had been exemplary. The two things are not related in any way. You can't be above criticism just because in a different area of life you do good works.

Jack's tweets and retweets trying (and failing) to support the message #bekind to Marcus does not address that on the night he was unsuccessful at his job. I do not understand why you can't praise him for his charity work, but critique his performance and still feel sympathy for him. These things are not mutually exclusive.

Again I say I do not support abuse, but we have always assessed and made judgements about a team's (and individuals) on pitch performance. Indeed we pay sports presenters on TV and radio huge salaries for doing just that. It can be done in a non abusive way. If they can only say #nicethings about the players performance, then what is the point?

The way Jack jumped to defend Marcus, whilst ensuring that everyone was aware that their paths once briefly crossed, was cringeworthy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I'm glad Rashford is many leagues above her in terms of professionalism, career, popularity etc. Like, he's so many leagues beyond her its not so much exploitation as a desperate attempt to hang of the coattails.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She needs to let her one time thing go.

Shes like a jilted one night stand that isnt getting the message that yes they had fun but its over.

The anger from the fans comes from the fact he is a top player and also the sole reason he was brought on was for penalties and he messed it up. ( I know tit happens) but people had been excited to to reach the final and see England's name up in lights for the first time in years and due to him missing something he paid to do and normally good at as well as others it was snatched away from them.

Racial slurs aside( as they are never acceptable) people have a right to be cross with him

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Exactly what Mancbee says. I love what Rashford has done with the meals, but you can still think that was a shite way of taking a penalty! What was he thinking, it looked so so bad!

As well as Southgate's choice for having such young players take the penalty pressure. Not sure if there are statistics on whether old or young players handle penalty pressures better, but I wouldn't have picked the 19 and 21 years olds and perhaps not even the 23 year old.

I do hope they get good professional support etc, but looking at my Twitter feed now (I know that's not real life) it's almost as if the penalty missers are the real heroes of the tournament, which seems like a cramped reaction too.

Reactions: 36
We have a shocking culture of racial vilification in our AFL games here, mainly toward First Nations players. Even when they are one of the top players.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Always a “disproportionate amount” of abuse. Always.
How does she quantify the amount of abuse and whether or not it is disproportionate? As far as I am concerned there is never a "proportionate" amount of abuse. Abuse is abuse, it is never proportionate, ever.

Now valid criticism, that's another matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Always a “disproportionate amount” of abuse. Always.
Someone called her a c word.

Rightly or wrongly ( its not a word i like to use) and most people dont call me one to my face, in fact i dont think anyone actually has. ( To my face anyway) perhaps if people are doing it on the regular i might take a good hard look in the mirror. Sometimes what people say is the truth. Shes is a dick of the highest order to others regularly so i can see how people will often say it to her.

Reactions: 25
How does she quantify the amount of abuse and whether or not it is disproportionate? As far as I am concerned there is never a "proportionate" amount of abuse. Abuse is abuse, it is never proportionate.

It’s almost like she’s accepting she’s a knobber so will get some abuse…but there’s a cut off point

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I do have to say that I don't mind she's jumped on the football train in general though. One thing I love about Euro and World Cups is how it becomes such a shared activity and that folks that don't follow clubs get drawn in, from kids to grannies.

I mean I've really enjoyed watching the tournament, but that doesn't mean I'll take on the invite to come along to Bo'ness vs Arbroath the next time our technical team (which includes one Bo'ness fan for life) organises tickets for it.

I mean, who watches bobsleds other than say the Winter Olympics?

So I don't hold it against her that she's 'now all of a sudden' interested in the euros or an occasional watcher. (The content of those posts on the other hand...)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
How does she quantify the amount of abuse and whether or not it is disproportionate? As far as I am concerned there is never a "proportionate" amount of abuse. Abuse is abuse, it is never proportionate.

She doesn’t know the meaning of words dear heart.

Have you forgotten?

❤

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It’s ok to say the footballers involved mucked up England’s chances, and at the same time abhor the racism that has come with it.

the whole ‘oh but they do so much!’ narrative is so patronising and some tend towards the virtue signalling. “Look at me supporting these young black men because they do good off the pitch”. Even if they were grey goose wankers, they deserve people to consistently speak out against the racism they face.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.