Jack Monroe #196 You know, I'm something of a poor myself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those few Post It notes that are sort of (but not quite) in colour order is really doing my head in. If you are going to colour coordinate your recipe notes make sure that you use the right colours for each heading you cretin. It is setting my teeth on edge just looking at it. A row of yellow notes with one pink fourth from the left. An odd pink at the end of a row of dark pink...argggggggggg!
She's obviously got a "system" that we haven't been told about.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
the time it must have taken her to line those post it’s up so neatly, she could’ve wrote the effing book.

At least we are looking forward to the winds of winter, unfortunately I think we may be more likely to get her book first
When the granola recipe finally comes it will be like the season 8 letdown all over again

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
A story in 3 parts...

View attachment 637160

View attachment 637166

View attachment 637158

And I'm convinced there were a few more, even earlier "Post-it wall of anxiety" tweets, but they seem to have vanished in one of the many deleteathons.

This book has been in the works longer than The Winds of Winter.
Why can't she just have a to-do list on her phone to ignore like everybody else? I wonder how much time she spends rearranging it to look pretty and I think I've just answered my own question so never mind

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Why can't she just have a to-do list on her phone to ignore like everybody else? I wonder how much time she spends rearranging it to look pretty and I think I've just answered my own question so never mind
In case it accidentally gets texted to father?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Oh, a handwritten copy of her original cookbook? I thought it was painstakingly typed on an old Nokia? Silly me.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Oh, a handwritten copy of her original cookbook? I thought it was painstakingly typed on an old Nokia? Silly me.
Yeah that’s how it got emailed to the publisher...you know how awful the post is in Southend, how else could it have got there!?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She's played us, that post-it wall is because she knows we'll comb it forensically and stop asking about the postcards and freezer fish. The falafel look like rancid scotch eggs on a lichenous bitumen roof. I also can't believe she's listened to the Requiem for a Bream and still hasn't had the decency to eat the fuckers.

@Lanie they're like a massive Yorkshire pudding. You would be forgiven for not knowing what they were when Jack made them before for Del Monte as they were the saddest representation I've ever beheld.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
So she had her very late final draft thrown back at her. They told her she has one last chance and needs to bin what she has and go back to the drawing board. If she's seen twatting about on social media, all advances are due back immediately.
And here we have the post it wall, three months later.

She'll be bragging about how she wrote book 7 is less than 6 months.

But then it takes her 10 minutes to knock up an article (centring wholly around her rehashed pov story) after all. So *insert who bleeping knows *

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Why would you bother. The food sounds rank, its alot of "fannying around" her words not mine. Honestly why wouldnt you , just get a regular job.

Reactions: 25
She originally announced the break from social media because of unnamed health issues, and her followers fell over themselves with sympathy tweets. A few weeks later, and the break is just because she fancied it. Do her followers have memory problems or something? I’m constantly astounded at the garbage they will swallow ( and I don’t just mean the recipes).

• Heart
Reactions: 70
the time it must have taken her to line those post it’s up so neatly, she could’ve wrote the effing book.
Can also report they do not want to stick to the wall. I had to spend several minute uncurling and resticking when they kept falling off.
And she did many, many more than me...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
So she had her very late final draft thrown back at her. They told her she has one last chance and needs to bin what she has and go back to the drawing board. If she's seen twatting about on social media, all advances are due back immediately.
And here we have the post it wall, three months later.

She'll be bragging about how she wrote book 7 is less than 6 months.

But then it takes her 10 minutes to knock up an article (centring wholly around her rehashed pov story) after all. So *insert who bleeping knows *
I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

Jack honestly needs to let go of the chef thing. She admittedly only started to feed SB and herself during The Poverty, she really needs to gofind a better calling. I can't think of a single other thing she'd excel in tbf, but, give me a blank wall and some post-it notes.....

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Can also report they do not want to stick to the wall. I had to spend several minute uncurling and resticking when they kept falling off.
And she did many, many more than me...
If only she had one giant piece of paper, like one the size of, I don’t know, a wall?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.