Jack Monroe #196 You know, I'm something of a poor myself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We should have changed the stupid locks
We should have made her leave her key
If we'd have known for just one second
She'd be back bothering MancBee (that's me)

Can we have another sing song?
Please tell me you didn't look at the falafel picture.
Those spoons will push you over the edge!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I am getting more of the human centipede vibes from her. the eyes are especially disturbing, i shall have nightmares.
Better than the slippery snakes shits from actually eating her food!!!

(The more I look at her falafels the more I think Jack does not know what a falafel is)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
also, there's at least 15 "dishes" on those post its that are already out there.

eg
Dutch babies - for del monte
moonshine mash - on her website
pangratatte - let's not go there...

so she's basically spent all year rehashing existing content and wants another payday for it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Well she's back then and with a plethora of Post-Its. Procrastination central. 🎶Some things never change🎶

So this isn't going to be the modern Mrs. Beeton or whatever she was touting the plug hole hair bible as. Nor the poverty tome. She's definitely not giving off "nearly finished" vibes with these pictures. I would love to see the conversations between her and her publishers.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
also, there's at least 15 "dishes" on those post its that are already out there.

eg
Dutch babies - for del monte
moonshine mash - on her website
pangratatte - let's not go there...

so she's basically spent all year rehashing existing content and wants another payday for it!
Or other recipes found on Google

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
@Hollaaa re "If it were anyone else I'd say now we know why they haven't been able to get onto Twitter so much, but..." from the previous thread...

If someone tweets about their bowel movements, it wouldn't surprise me if they tweeted whilst their bowels were moving... so all the prunes couldn't have kept her away during "triple testing"

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If you want a peek of the kidney bean and pineapple recipe, it's over here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bean_and_pineapple_curry_83770

To be fair, once you've simmered those kidney beans (rinsed) and pineapple chunks for 30 minutes, 30 bleeping MINUTES, there's going to be absolutely nothing recognisable in that slop. Also, keep stirring it so it doesn't get burned? I mean, you could try not overcooking everything to tit, but what do I know, I'm not a maverick.

The intro makes it sound like everyone is so enamoured with her peach and chickpea curry that they were just begging Mx Monroe to make more fruity slop.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Back in January we were told the top tips book of terror would be out in December.

View attachment 637136
I think there was an update to that, though - I'm sure I remember commenting about how it's such a shame it won't make it to the all-important Christmas market.

If you want a peek of the kidney bean and pineapple recipe, it's over here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bean_and_pineapple_curry_83770

To be fair, once you've simmered those kidney beans (rinsed) and pineapple chunks for 30 minutes, 30 bleeping MINUTES, there's going to be absolutely nothing recognisable in that slop. Also, keep stirring it so it doesn't get burned? I mean, you could try not overcooking everything to tit, but what do I know, I'm not a maverick.

The intro makes it sound like everyone is so enamoured with her peach and chickpea curry that they were just begging Mx Monroe to make more fruity slop.
Serves 4, sure thing 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think there was an update to that, though - I'm sure I remember commenting about how it's such a shame it won't make it to the all-important Christmas market.
What a shame 😭
It rings a bell though, earlier this year it felt like there was a new deadline day every few weeks!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Shouldn’t these recipes be typeset onto postcard size and printed on beige high quality card and 39 weeks worth be POSTED TO THE PEOPLE YOU TOOK MONEY OFF ahem.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
A story in 3 parts...

Screenshot_20210627_155317_com.twitter.android_edit_448058222014443.jpg

Screenshot_20210627_154937_com.twitter.android_edit_448085087702981.jpg

Screenshot_20210627_160526_com.twitter.android_edit_448048536345695.jpg

And I'm convinced there were a few more, even earlier "Post-it wall of anxiety" tweets, but they seem to have vanished in one of the many deleteathons.

This book has been in the works longer than The Winds of Winter.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Give that woman an award for 'best attempt to look busy yet accomplish next to nothing' IMMEDIATELY

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
A story in 3 parts...

View attachment 637160

View attachment 637166

View attachment 637158

And I'm convinced there were a few more, even earlier "Post-it wall of anxiety" tweets, but they seem to have vanished in one of the many deleteathons.

the time it must have taken her to line those post it’s up so neatly, she could’ve wrote the effing book.

At least we are looking forward to the winds of winter, unfortunately I think we may be more likely to get her book first

• Haha
Reactions: 36
A story in 3 parts...

View attachment 637160

View attachment 637166

View attachment 637158

Those few Post It notes that are sort of (but not quite) in colour order is really doing my head in. If you are going to colour coordinate your recipe notes make sure that you use the right colours for each heading you cretin. It is setting my teeth on edge just looking at it. A row of yellow notes with one pink fourth from the left. An odd dark pink at the end of a row of pale pink...argggggggggg!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.