Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ellie makes Jack look like a Malory Towers student. If you do venture over there make sure you buckle up and take any blood pressure meds, this woman is crazed.
I've just come back from a nose over there, oh my! 👀

Makes Jack look like a perfectly sensible, upstanding human being!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Good morning Cabal! ❤ I hope you all have a wonderful day free of chaoses unless they are amusing Jack ones.

I hate to merail 🥴 (and I apologise in advance if this is the wrong thread) but I assume many cabal members are here because they've had experiences with narcs and bullies or just genuine cunts. Will put this behind a spoiler as it's a little long winded and not very interesting, just wanted to blow off some steam to a group of people who I know are lovely, kind and very funny. Sorry for the lack of inline spoiler, it's not working on my computer for some reason.

I will try to keep this brief (oops!) as honestly I have given this woman enough of my attention. She's someone I've known a long time and then avoided for a long time because she was whiney, rude and annoying as duck. I got back in touch with her recently because I felt sorry for her and I believe people can change. More fool me...

I haven't had the greatest 2021 so far with issues like family illness, bereavement and personal matters. I've struggled with quite severe mental illness for a good decade now, and it was only 6 months ago that I finally got a diagnosis that made sense. It was difficult to come to terms with but my close friends have been nothing but supportive.

When I mentioned these things to crappy Friend, she managed 'oh I didn't know that' at best and at her worst completely ignored me and just talked about herself when I mentioned something serious and would have liked some sympathy or a silly chat. Then she became downright nasty and said that my diagnosis of X wasn't a real illness and instead I was definitely suffering from either Y or Z, which I found incredibly offensive. This is when I started to notice her Jackisms - she builds up a wall of 'oppression points' so that if you casually said 'I would rather listen to a qualified psychiatrist than your armchair diagnosis' she throws her toys out of the pram screaming YOU CAN'T SAY THAT MY LIFE IS TERRIBLE!! I CAN'T BE A BULLY I HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS!! Last night she threw my mother's mental health in my face as an example of why my diagnosis is 'made up' which is where I drew the line and decided to just cut her off completely as I really felt weaponising my mother against me was a big red flag for accelerating narc behaviour.

TLDR: 'Friend' is dismissive and rude about my health and family issues, insists that it's not a 'real illness' and I should listen to her instead of a qualified psychiatrist. I have cut her off because she is a whiny aggressive Jack style bleep.

If you've read any of this, thank you so much dear hearts for listening and I really feel that this is a safe space when I'm feeling upset or down. Thank(space)you all so much cabal very much for that. ❤🥰💘💗

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 89
@schmetterling it's so hard to cut someone out of your life but it's definitely the right thing in your circumstances. You need to look after yourself and protect yourself from emotional vampires like that one

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Good morning Cabal! ❤ I hope you all have a wonderful day free of chaoses unless they are amusing Jack ones.

I hate to merail 🥴 (and I apologise in advance if this is the wrong thread) but I assume many cabal members are here because they've had experiences with narcs and bullies or just genuine cunts. Will put this behind a spoiler as it's a little long winded and not very interesting, just wanted to blow off some steam to a group of people who I know are lovely, kind and very funny. Sorry for the lack of inline spoiler, it's not working on my computer for some reason.

I will try to keep this brief (oops!) as honestly I have given this woman enough of my attention. She's someone I've known a long time and then avoided for a long time because she was whiney, rude and annoying as duck. I got back in touch with her recently because I felt sorry for her and I believe people can change. More fool me...

I haven't had the greatest 2021 so far with issues like family illness, bereavement and personal matters. I've struggled with quite severe mental illness for a good decade now, and it was only 6 months ago that I finally got a diagnosis that made sense. It was difficult to come to terms with but my close friends have been nothing but supportive.

When I mentioned these things to crappy Friend, she managed 'oh I didn't know that' at best and at her worst completely ignored me and just talked about herself when I mentioned something serious and would have liked some sympathy or a silly chat. Then she became downright nasty and said that my diagnosis of X wasn't a real illness and instead I was definitely suffering from either Y or Z, which I found incredibly offensive. This is when I started to notice her Jackisms - she builds up a wall of 'oppression points' so that if you casually said 'I would rather listen to a qualified psychiatrist than your armchair diagnosis' she throws her toys out of the pram screaming YOU CAN'T SAY THAT MY LIFE IS TERRIBLE!! I CAN'T BE A BULLY I HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS!! Last night she threw my mother's mental health in my face as an example of why my diagnosis is 'made up' which is where I drew the line and decided to just cut her off completely as I really felt weaponising my mother against me was a big red flag for accelerating narc behaviour.

TLDR: 'Friend' is dismissive and rude about my health and family issues, insists that it's not a 'real illness' and I should listen to her instead of a qualified psychiatrist. I have cut her off because she is a whiny aggressive Jack style bleep.

If you've read any of this, thank you so much dear hearts for listening and I really feel that this is a safe space when I'm feeling upset or down. Thank(space)you all so much cabal very much for that. ❤🥰💘💗
I am sorry, Schmetterling! To have mental health and other issues diminished is awful, it hurts so much. Like you I have been exposed to that kind of behaviour a lot but in the last year I had the courage to stop contact with these people who I constantly forgave and made excuses for only to realise they really do not change and that they will forever slap you in the face. They often appear to have changed but you will end up on a rollercoaster with them. Like you I also have got very good friends and their behaviour should set the standard- how good it feels to be treated with respect and how nobody should have their guard up because they know the other person will in due course lash out again.
The more I spent time with lovely people the more I attracted new people who were respectful.
All the best!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Well I know what we’ll all be wearing at Bellend Towers for hallowe’en this year. That’ll do.
Whenever you say Bellend Towers, I picture a castle with bollock domes for the main living spaces and knob-shaped towers. It's quite the mental image.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I see Hellmann's are trying again with the left overs campaign, and have got Tanya Burr promoting them on Instagram. They’ve obviously realised that you get what you pay for, even if she's not a literal food expert.

47C18B48-D96E-4A71-98AC-C03F48D707EA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I see Hellmann's are trying again with the left overs campaign, and have got Tanya Burr promoting them on Instagram. They’ve obviously realised that you get what you pay for, even if she's not a literal food expert.

View attachment 630758
Another example of “Look what you could have won” for Jack. Despite it being a tad jarring that it’s a premium brand, most people do realise bills need to be paid and this could have been a good platform for her to also launch the Frugal Hacks shite she spouted on about at some length this last few months. If the book was done and acceptable standards for printing were reached. I can even see the angle...”Love Hellman’s but on a budget? Save on X, Y and Z and even you can afford to treat yourself to the real stuff”. Even though we know it’s bollocks, at least it would be honest bollocks in the sense that someone’s heating allowance or sympathy Patreon payment hasn’t sponsored it.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Yes, simple and to the point. Manages to use the product she’s being paid to promote. Tuna melt sounds appetising with no unidentifiable slop or leftfield ingredients. Uses a canned product. No outlandish claims.

Oh Jack, see how easy this could have been for your 5 figure collab?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Yes, simple and to the point. Manages to use the product she’s being paid to promote. Tuna melt sounds appetising with no unidentifiable slop or leftfield ingredients. Uses a canned product. No outlandish claims.

Oh Jack, see how easy this could have been for your 5 figure collab?
Yes but where is the obligatory five paragraph introduction/derail about how she grew up walking uphill both ways to school and had to carry the Queen on her back as well and only lived in a five bed and had to sell the lightbulbs to buy more sideboards? Poor show, tuna melt person. If your recipes wouldn't look at home in the 'Tragic Life Stories' section of Smiths then why are you even bothering? I bet it takes less than four days to make too.

eta...

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Another example of “Look what you could have won” for Jack. Despite it being a tad jarring that it’s a premium brand, most people do realise bills need to be paid and this could have been a good platform for her to also launch the Frugal Hacks shite she spouted on about at some length this last few months. If the book was done and acceptable standards for printing were reached. I can even see the angle...”Love Hellman’s but on a budget? Save on X, Y and Z and even you can afford to treat yourself to the real stuff”. Even though we know it’s bollocks, at least it would be honest bollocks in the sense that someone’s heating allowance or sympathy Patreon payment hasn’t sponsored it.
Didn't Hellmann's have an advertising campaign around making mayo the star of the show at some point? That keys in nicely to the premise that if you're going to spend money on it, make sure you enjoy it, make sure you're getting all the value from it.
But then some thought would be required in terms of what are the best meals and ingredients to really set the product off, and that would require skill or an obvious interest in food, so that rules Jack out.

Reactions: 25
Well I might have just eaten a packet of peanut butter m&ms (aka crack) and now I feel sick.
Send doggos 🐶 🙏

@schmetterling cutting them out is hard, but definitely the best thing - they sound like a waste of your energy

ETA Russell brands

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Aww sorry to hear about this. I'm glad you gave the so-called friend the big elbow. Nasty cow. Sending you a hug x

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.