Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Emma Freud is a massive social and professional climber. She'll hitch her wagon to anyone in the public eye.
Where does she have to climb to? She’s at the middle of the Notting Hill media set even if Richard Curtis films are considered naff now, she has the country house in Suffolk next to all the other Freuds and associates, she has Comic Relief in UK and US to hobnob with, hasn’t she already cooked for Nigella? Her daughter is friends with all the current activist people so they are all round their house.

I can’t see Jack advancing her in any way.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm just thinking about an alternate universe in which that photo of Jack is the version that was made into the mask kindly #gifted to @kachoochoo. It's fine, I didn't actually want to sleep tonight anyway.

terrifying mask.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I keep pressing the quote button by accident (walking around with phone in hand) so I'm sorry if you get a notification saying I've quoted your post @kachoochoo! I've also somehow activated voice-to-text so it's coming up with me saying some absolute random shite. 'She looks like Batman' was the last one. Sorry!🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 28
'Very beautiful but old and more than slightly rotten' is my new Tinder bio. Despite her fire service training she seems to actively be making her home more flammable, like when she put all those rolls of paper in her kitchen and distributed slow cookers throughout the house. She even turned a perfectly serviceable shed into an enormous fire hazard and was using various appliances that get hot when they were stacked up over head height. Honestly I'm surprised she has to keep inventing injuries and hasn't sustained any real ones yet.
Had anyone mentioned the rug? Although I don’t know if even a bushfire would be enough, frankly.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
View attachment 628301I thought Jack had invaded the BBC good food Facebook group with that comment! And I’m baffled at the idea of putting clotted cream in a curry as the first suggestion!
Evening, cabal! I am a bit quiet these days because BUSY and I don't miss JM but am still staying for the expertise and humour and artistic talent of the sad Hausfrauen!
Mentioning sad- it never ceases to amaze me why on earth someone would go on a website and ask what they can do with a small amount of a leftover packaged food item. I am practically screaming with laughter that the woman and hubby can't eat that many scones and that they have made an effort to write to the BBC website to make use of O N E tub of clotted cream.
Bung it in the freezer or google or give it away.
Jesus Lord Compton on a bike !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Evening, cabal! I am a bit quiet these days because BUSY and I don't miss JM but am still staying for the expertise and humour and artistic talent of the sad Hausfrauen!
Mentioning sad- it never ceases to amaze me why on earth someone would go on a website and ask what they can do with a small amount of a leftover packaged food item. I am practically screaming with laughter that the woman and hubby can't eat that many scones and that they have made an effort to write to the BBC website to make use of O N E tub of clotted cream.
Bung it in the freezer or google or give it away.
Jesus Lord Compton on a bike !!!
Not to come across as a food snob but when this page appeared during lockdown one it was generally people who would do what it said on the tin and share bbc good food recipes. Lately it has turned into people not so subtlety trying to promote their food blogs and then people incapable of googling or using common sense.
Example:
I have some bread and a toaster and butter and a tin of beans, what can I make?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Not to come across as a food snob but when this page appeared during lockdown one it was generally people who would do what it said on the tin and share bbc good food recipes. Lately it has turned into people not so subtlety trying to promote their food blogs and then people incapable of googling or using common sense.
Example:
I have some bread and a toaster and butter and a tin of beans, what can I make?
Obvs a bean lasagne, the butter will thicken up in the oven to make a sauce.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.