Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just sat outside for a quick toke on the vape, turns out I'd trapped a cat hair in the element. GROSS! Like smoking one of Jack's drain hair things haha.

Reactions: 36
"Author"? Has she spent the last 3 months hammering out her gritty debut novel, following the plucky heroine Zoe Jack Lawson as she navigates the murky, cutthroat world of Southend's used lightbulb black market?

Reactions: 36

I see that Jack has made it onto the Pride Power List. Alas, sugar mummy Linda couldn’t be bothered to spell her name correctly.

I’ll admit that I had a mean little laugh that she’s ranked below performative queer in distinctly heterosexual relationship, Jameela Jamil.

https://giphy.com/3o84sq21TxDH6PyYms

Reactions: 48
Sending you love and cancer-kicking vibes. That's pretty shit news to hear and it's not surprising that you feel down. I really hope that they've either got it wrong or that it's quickly fixed. You've got the whole canal at your back which is likely to frighten anything into submission.

Can we send you a red lipstick, cheerful mixtape, fright wig, or cake brick to work wonders? I'm not a doctor but I am a laydee (well, my school said so...) so it's bound to cure the miseries.

Reactions: 33
Catching up and wanted to send all the positive power of the cable to Manc Bee!

Reactions: 24
Much love to you @MancBee

May we have many more months ahead stifling giggles at Jack's latest faux pas whilst you recover from this new setback

Reactions: 37
@MancBee hoping you make a complete recovery
I enjoy your contributions very much and you bring great good sense to this crazy forum!

Reactions: 30
This times a million. In my case I needed a high dose of medication over a long period, counselling and CBT.
Nice music might help you with a sad day, but depression is not that and social media constantly conflates the two. Unfortunately after the stigma of mental illness we have the fashion for mental illness.

That’s really awful news and I too hope they have got it wrong. Sending hopeful thoughts. The canal will be here in its own mithering way for distraction.

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
Sending you all my biggest cancer butt kicking vibes @MancBee

She is a very unsexy person. It's all just too try hard and look at me, rather than natural charisma. Saying that, she's managed to pull plenty of times, so maybe it's better in person?

Reactions: 31
@MancBee Sending love.

I agree that Jack is conventionally good looking... but her clothes, posture, personality and voice stop her from being sexy, imo.

Reactions: 31
That song by Toploader is the epitome of everyone being out there having a good time, just what you need when you're stuck in your depression pit, not having any sort of good time .

My concentration span was appalling when I was depressed and listening to music and reading, aka my two favourite things, were impossible.

The editorial values for the comic my class made in primary school were higher than the Hattler's. Women selling each other 'wellness' crap in boxes, newsletters and webinars is the new MLM.

Reactions: 43
The listening to uplifting shit is complete bull shit. I have had depression and sticking on something like here comes the sun does fuck all but irritate you more because you feel so shit.

I barely listened to music when i felt down my brain just couldnt deal with they noise.

Reactions: 46
I think it's because they have an awkwardness about them, they remind me of character from Peep Show.

Reactions: 26
I think it's because they have an awkwardness about them, they remind me of character from Peep Show.
There's a Matt Hancock photos/Peep Show quotes account on Twitter which is spot on for cringe level. I'm sure it's called Matt Corrigan or something similar.
Yet again, Jack bringing the big Tory energy.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.