Jack Monroe #194 She only came back cos we were about to put out an album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m loving the tweets from trifle defender, feel like she’s sending a signal to the cabal 🥰
Imagine if she changed her bio to “defender of the trifle” or something to that effect. I would actually ~squeal~

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
so, I got mr kcc to put the mask on...

(I have asked his permission to post this and he is cool with it. the bleeping exhibitionist)

eta he has his pyjama bottoms on, it is very warm

20210611_224146.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 84
The audio recording thing reminds me of those regional radio competitions in the 90s where you had to identify a mystery sound to win £100 or something. "And today's winner correctly identified the sound of a six year old throwing a plastic pterodactyl at a dog". What in the LJC?!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 53
so, I got mr kcc to put the mask on...

(I have asked his permission to post this and he is cool with it. the bleeping exhibitionist)

eta he has his pyjama bottoms on, it is very warm

View attachment 613621
You are totally getting the birthday hole tonight - and who knows maybe when it’s Mr KCCs Birthday you could make him a cake 😜

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I have been to the pub beer garden with my kids a few times. I don't tend to drink and when I do though. ( I like too keep a sharp eye out for all those feral mums who steal stuff) I just go sometimes with my husband to get out and see a bit of life is a summers eve. We buy the kids some crisps and a coke and try to pick our local which has a park.

I never see these feckless mum's with excess wains. I must go to the wrong sort of establishments.

Also did she ever think to speak to this mum perhaps shes Dealing with some serious tit and venting all be it publicly. Nope she does what apparently she hates. She points the finger and judges.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I personally think there was some kind of boundary test of mumsnet with that thread. I think they hoped it would appeal to the audience and were surprised that they weren’t praised and in receipt of “u ok hun?x” messages.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Who else uses their real name on mumsnet?
It's incomprehensible , and then when it goes wrong threatens to remove their right to her name. As though she thought her celebrity / infamy would lend some gravitas to her bullshittery 🤣

It’s funny because today the Trifle Defender herself has been having an actual bee chaos today.

That beer garden story is just so nasty, she really tells on herself.
The last sentence of this part literally made me face-palm.

(hidden behind a spoiler even though its on the previous page, no one needs to read it twice),

Funny my kids were asking me today what 'wanka' means. They also believe it ends in 'a'. That was an awkward moment for us all when I told them the answer.
They also asked me what's a dildo?
I should really direct them to jack monroe's fine body of work for all the answers to those awkward questions.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Who else uses their real name on mumsnet?
This is the influencing / blue tick brigade’s issue with us, that our comments aren’t under a real name. None of them are smart enough to realise 95% of names aren’t unique identifiers so we’d need to provide name & postcode, or even full address if you’re a Jane Smith.

The next gen of SM usernames will be worse than my piece of tit - Janet_Elizabeth_Hithers_no12_SE209TW_theupstairsflat 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 40
And watch out for mean women that call you white trash (but you know you're not coz "witch please, this bag is Cath Kidston...").

ETA the Insta post for newer fraus!
This is the thing how does she know was it about her, was the woman staring at her and pointing she could have been talking about anyone and miss paranoid took it personal.

Reactions: 18
Morning ninnies! Will mackie join us to give her hot take on the tinned toms shortage?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Regarding bras at tops this week, 90% of the white trash people in my area having been wearing them all week, some of them had tummies, some didn't, some even wore bikini tops in the middle of town doing their shopping. Reader no one cared.

Must admit I didn't partake in it. Mainly because I don't have the self confidence.

The end.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
And watch out for mean women that call you white trash (but you know you're not coz "witch please, this bag is Cath Kidston...").

ETA the Insta post for newer fraus!
Hello, wonderful people! Not to take this absolutely true real life story too seriously, but I had an international question — is “white trash” commonly used in the UK? I’m having a hard time understanding how it’d be used outside North America, because it’s so tied to race relations in North America, particularly the US South. “Trailer trash” was way more common when I was growing up in Canada, probably because it side-stepped the race issue.

Is this just another glaring Americanism from Jack? Or is it less racially charged over there? Do people use this term or just hear it in US media? Cause it means a lot more than poor or uneducated or tacky. Hell of a lot more. Nothing to do with nice bags, and bragging about a label is about as tacky as it gets, in my opinion. My guess speculation is some lady made a face while holding in a fart near Jack and the rest is ego-stroking fantasy.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.