Jack Monroe #194 She only came back cos we were about to put out an album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just cannot stop imagining the officials at Grenfell actually trying to sort out a tragic event and in wades the Manic pixies shouting the odds and telling them how she has fire fighter phone training for situations likes these.

I wonder how many disgruntled stressed fire investigators where there.
She wouldn't have been though, she reserves manic, hard Jack for twitter. In reality she would have been a smol meek pixie loitering in the background.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
So the morning after she was both volunteering on the ground, plus writing some amazing, well-researched and definitely not hysterical or libellous piece that the papers refused to print. OK but which is it though?

Publishing anything in-depth is impossible in that kind of situation. They were still counting bodies. It’s not the time to start pointing the finger or starting a class war.

Reactions: 41
The haunting images of Grenfell, the tower aflame and those poor brave firefighters sat exhausted with their kit on trying to come to terms with what they have dealt with, knowing that they will only find bodies the next time they go in.
And Jack prancing in and trying to take credit for being there and get paid to write about it.
what a tit person she is.
That blog really is nauseating. I hadn't read it before. To imagine the distress and agony of the hundreds of people present is beyond me but Jack is 'waved through the Police cordon by a stony-faced officer' as though she is the someone of note that they have all been waiting for - the one she longs to be.
Hard to understand this truly awful thirst for self-agrandisement at the price of someone else's pain.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
That blog really is nauseating. I hadn't read it before. To imagine the distress and agony of the hundreds of people present is beyond me but Jack is 'waved through the Police cordon by a stony-faced officer' as though she is the someone of note that they have all been waiting for - the one she longs to be.
Hard to understand this truly awful thirst for self-agrandisement at the price of someone else's pain.
And the “decade of experience between us” (paraphrasing because I can't be arsed to read it again) always stuck with me. I don't understand how anyone can love themselves quite as much as she does.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Credit @Mel Donte
Credit @Yel

It needs to go in the wiki together with comments on thread 95, I believe punkymonkey knew people at the community centre who gave Jack the job of pairing donated shoes to keep them out of the way of the actual people dealing with the crisis
The photo at the bottom of the Grenfell article shows her in fire fighter uniform, which I believe was some kind of dress up day for control staff. It's again something she has used to hint more than once she was a firefighter, notice the lack of photos of her in her control uniform.

It also says she was attending flashover training. I just googled it and it is training where every combustible surface in a building is set alight. Do you really think they would allow someone from the control room to be in such a dangerous situation?

• Sick
  • Angry
The photo at the bottom of the Grenfell article shows her in fire fighter uniform, which I believe was some kind of dress up day for control staff. It's again something she has used to hint more than once she was a firefighter, notice the lack of photos of her in her control uniform.

It also says she was attending flashover training. I just googled it and it is training where every combustible surface in a building is set alight. Do you really think they would allow someone from the control room to be in such a dangerous situation?
Of course not. But "flashover training" is jargon-y enough to make her sound like she knows what she's on about.

Was anyone fooled by the photo, I wonder? I mean, here, if you want to be a firefighter there are some really strenuous physical tests, and I highly doubt that the UK is any different! I don't mean this in a disparaging way, but Jack and her companions don't look ready for the incredibly intense physical demands of the job, you know?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
She basically writes fanfiction about herself. It's hilarious when it's incidents that are of absolutely no significance/didn't happen, but really quite dark when it's a tragedy like Grenfell.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
She basically writes fanfiction about herself. It's hilarious when it's incidents that are of absolutely no significance/didn't happen, but really quite dark when it's a tragedy like Grenfell.
That’s it exactly — that’s her whole online life!!

(also thread title nomination!!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
If you want to read about an actual inspiring woman in the Fire Service, Sabrina Cohen-Hatton is really interesting. She was homeless as a child, then slept on the streets as a teenager and sold the Big Issue, but still managed to become one of the highest ranking female firefighters in the UK. She's been influental in changing policies and even wrote a book about it.

Basically, she's the anti-Jack as she's actually interesting, knows her stuff, and has seen some tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I know women in the fire service are still a minority. Do you think there’s ever been an occasion when all the people on training were women (male aesthetic)? What are the chances.
why does she need other for a photo. You’d have something else, an ID badge, a letter something of actual evidence.

Grenfell Jack is the worst jack… and there’s a lot of terrible jacks to pick from.

Reactions: 56
Thread title nomination ⚡⚡ :" She basically writes fanfiction about herself" ⚡⚡

That’s it exactly — that’s her whole online life!!

(also thread title nomination!!)
Oh snap @Raker beat me to it! (I had not made it to the end of the thread yet :))

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Apologies if this has already been posted but Thandiwe Newton is complimenting her too 🙄 strange world and I guess some might find it comforting that celebs are just like us and get conned too? And it’s so strange to me that Jack has so many more followers than her and many other actually famous people. By the way when I was cropping my screenshot I accidentally gave Jack a blue feather boa thingy with my thumb but it kind of suits the picture so I kept it in
3CF3921B-29C1-42CE-AF99-3D72692FC99C.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Apologies if this has already been posted but Thandiwe Newton is complimenting her too 🙄 strange world and I guess some might find it comforting that celebs are just like us and get conned too? And it’s so strange to me that Jack has so many more followers than her and many other actually famous people. By the way when I was cropping my screenshot I accidentally gave Jack a blue feather boa thingy with my thumb but it kind of suits the picture so I kept it inView attachment 618778
Maybe Thandiwe’s part of the group chat.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Check out the uniform photo- it was said it’s common as a charity event, pay £1 and dress up for a pic. Jack said it was at a training day. Of course call handlers get fire training in full kit.
It's also reasonably common to give backroom staff a wee taste of frontline life in order to help them understand the full picture, or at least it was when I was police staff when the road policing department took us out on a blues and twos drive, and boxing in and stopping a speeding car on the motorway. No way is it proper training.

I've never worked for the fire service but I've got 100% more firefighting training than twit in that I've done all my seagoing firefighting and damage control training as a naval reservist in the past! However, by no means does a week's course every so often make me some kind of expert, let alone just answering phones. Yes, it's a job that can be pressured and emotionally traumatic but it's not the same as firefighting, it's its own thing. She demeans the work of actual controllers by her playacting.

Ed to add: just ordered Sabrina Cohen-Hatton's book. I note that she's got a PhD too - a real one.

Last edited:
  • Heart
When I reread that 'there's a campaign to discredit me' post.....it just makes you think, people were questioning the embellishments back then too.

We aren't alone in this little corner of the internet and that feels nice tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Oh I didn’t notice the date. I wonder who it was? Is it ‘discrediting’ to say that somebody who wasn’t ever a firefighter wasn’t ever a firefighter?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
It really bothers me how she can’t just own the fact she was a call handler for the fire service. It’s an impressive job in it’s own right and she should be proud.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
She really showed the bare arse of her grief thieving that time she elbowed in to the school meals thing shouting it's "MY thing" and "PAY me". Oh god the cringe of it

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.