Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I half collect vintage recipe books, partly for how awful they can be. Do you think Jack maybe also collects them, but actually takes them seriously?
I've mentioned my love of vintage Australian Women's Weekly cookbooks before (and hell, modern AWW cookbooks too - they are the best!). It seems like a good moment to share this lasagne recipe, which opens with the instruction to boil your pasta for 30 minutes...

...and still looks more appetising than anything Jack's ever produced!

20210608_104112.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Desperately trying to catch up as much as I can, but this popped up on my insta feed and I had to share.
Screenshot_20210608-084621_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Just throwing it out there, V&A in London have a bag show right now, sponsored by Mulberry, on the first week they reopened, all museum members got a free tote bag, designed by.....you guessed it; Mulberry, lol. Jackie missed her chance of a freebie!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I was looking too, but can't see anything really alike. I'm not sure that genuine Mulberrys would use this kind of material joining the bag itself to the handle? I don't know what it's called, but it's also on the shorter handle. If you see what I mean - I'm not being very articulate this morning.

View attachment 608155
@Veronicaaa you’re right the strap attachments at the sides are different on the Mulberry Elkington...
Exhibits
97A43D79-6E8C-4AC3-9B32-6086E1AA55F0.jpeg
D3150B9B-3374-417F-A122-2F87FAF424E9.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Marcus has become a Muriel, smol pixie will be fewmin she’s not been immortalised

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If she does, she will duck around with the recipes, ensuring readers ' it will set later' only for it to remain a puddle of piss with bits in it
Isn't there an annual award for food writing? If there is, I'm putting my money right here.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I've mentioned my love of vintage Australian Women's Weekly cookbooks before (and hell, modern AWW cookbooks too - they are the best!). It seems like a good moment to share this lasagne recipe, which opens with the instruction to boil your pasta for 30 minutes...

...and still looks more appetising than anything Jack's ever produced!

View attachment 608174
That lasagne looks structurally unsound. How are the lasagne sheets even holding it together?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I was looking too, but can't see anything really alike. I'm not sure that genuine Mulberrys would use this kind of material joining the bag itself to the handle? I don't know what it's called, but it's also on the shorter handle. If you see what I mean - I'm not being very articulate this morning.

View attachment 608155
This looks like a cheap third party repair, like when you take something into Timpsons.
Don't ask me how I know. Okay then, it's from filling my work bag with absolute mountains of shite and never cleaning it out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
This looks like a cheap third party repair, like when you take something into Timpsons.
Don't ask me how I know. Okay then, it's from filling my work bag with absolute mountains of shite and never cleaning it out.
But they wouldn't put it on the top of the smaller handle, would they?

Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 09.27.48.png

Reactions: 16
Have we just scooped Jack with yet another lie, ie. a fake Mulberry after all that bragging? Quick, someone get it on the Designer Goods thread, they'll know 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Screenshot_2021-06-08-11-22-11-31.jpg
just looked up how to know if you're bag is genuine. And saw this.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I own a fake mulberry bag. I knew it was fake, I got it from a secret shop in an alley in the spice souk in Dubai. The bloke showed me how good it was by holding a lighter next to it and it didn't catch fire. It cost AED500 (about a hundred quid) The strap broke almost immediately- the clasp bit that clipped onto the bad was cheaply made. It was a stupid purchase, I'm not even into bags.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Maybe she got Big Mandy to do them?

View attachment 608280
I have alot of friends who have lots of tattoos some of them were done when they were very young and in some cases drunk on holidays are tit and some have been done properly. They often hide the ones that were done stupidly if they can.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.