Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This isn’t investigative journalism though, that accounts for a tiny amount of what is published. Most of what’s published is op/ed “opinion” pieces, features and entertainment.

I'd still stand by what I say even if my full name was showing. Not a fan of the selfie, sideboard or otherwise, so I remain a giant blue monster forever more.
Bet you’re not really holding a cookie though

• Haha
Reactions: 25
This isn’t investigative journalism though, that accounts for a tiny amount of what is published. Most of what’s published is op/ed “opinion” pieces, features and entertainment.

Bet you’re not really holding a cookie though
Sadly not. Got to work today, so no snacking until this afternoon 😢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
And I'd be really easy to find because I didn't think to change the sheep's names!
The fluffball in my picture is also rather infamous in my village. In fact, the picture is taken from the village Facebook post about this 'lost dog' who wouldn't come near them so they could check her collar. Nope, she had made her own way out as a continual escaper and was resolutely heading home after her escapade; she just didn't want to be delayed from sitting at the gate and barking to be let in so she could investigate her food bowl. As other posters pointed out.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
You didn't use a cartoon filter to protect their identity and that will be your downfall. Hope nibbles and loppy have their court outfits sorted 😔😔😔
Oh, they're sorted :)

judge sheep.jpg

Re: the Pythagoras on a daily basis comment, I bet Jack was thinking of algebra and working out her price per rinsed bean.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Lest it turn up in an internet article, I SHAN'T be going to the awards, but will be watching along at home (sponsored by ITV so televised surely?)to see who will win in Jacks category. Though the nominations are by the public they have a panel of judges so Jacks twitter followers will not be able to catapult them to fame.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
You can easily find me,.

Just go to the second star to the right and straight on till morning.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Emilie Lavinia should count herself lucky that she does not have a Tattle thread, considering that her reaction to a woman's murder was to post thot shots and #sponcon with a flippant "What a week to be a woman, ey?" (This post dated 11/3/21)

Screenshot_20210606-092920_Instagram.jpg

(I also have a lot of feelings about these empowered women accounts, where empowerment is lip fillers, long flowing hair, endless filters, underwear shots and "teehee I masturbate!" - literally fueling the male gaze, and telling girls YET AGAIN that their only value is as a sexual object. Why can male influencers be unkempt gamers while women have to be pouty princesses?)

Influencer culture is terrible, and the sooner the bubble bursts, the better.

On-topic: Just in case Jack wins, I have taken the liberty of preparing her acceptance speech:

"Wow, I can't believe it. Me, a role model? I never thought I'd be here, really I didn't. Back when I was a single mum foraging in the bins outside the food bank, because I'd sold all my clothes so they wouldn't let me inside, I never dreamed that one day people would think of me as a role model. I'm just a poor second generation immigrant tattooed lesbian! In fact, I think I may be the first working class person to win. I would never have imagined this back when my son looked up at me from the breakfast table to ask, Where's Mummy's weetabix?"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 83
Emilie Lavinia should count herself lucky that she does not have a Tattle thread, considering that her reaction to a woman's murder was to post thot shots and #sponcon with a flippant "What a week to be a woman, ey?" (This post dated 11/3/21)

View attachment 605072

(I also have a lot of feelings about these empowered women accounts, where empowerment is lip fillers, long flowing hair, endless filters, underwear shots and "teehee I masturbate!" - literally fueling the male gaze, and telling girls YET AGAIN that their only value is as a sexual object. Why can male influencers be unkempt gamers while women have to be pouty princesses?)

On-topic: Just in case Jack wins, I have taken the liberty of preparing her acceptance speech:

"Wow, I can't believe it. Me, a role model? I never thought I'd be here, really I didn't. Back when I was a single mum foraging in the bins outside the food bank, because I'd sold all my clothes so they wouldn't let me inside, I never dreamed that one day people would think of me as a role model. I'm just a poor second generation immigrant tattooed lesbian! In fact, I think I may be the first working class person to win. I would never have imagined this back when my son looked up at me from the breakfast table to ask, Where's Mummy's weetabix?"
Exactly this. Yes we do menstruate every month but similar of the fact I hate tampon ads whilst eating my dinner I also hate when women are rolling around in their knickers banging on about being on.

Its nothing special. The majority of women do it. Its not an exclusive club so any bang on about it like it is. Sorry for the rant.

I am all for women empowerment but having a period of me ain't it. Its a useful pain on the arse every month. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
the amount of women I work with who are getting all the Botox and fillers etc is scary. They are younger than me (I’m 37) and they waste money on this tit.I feel like the odd one out by not wanting it

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

View attachment 605072

A woman was murdered and she's complaining she's exhausted? Oh and here's some photos of me trying to pose sexily while advertising a product. How crass is that? Idiot.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
the amount of women I work with who are getting all the Botox and fillers etc is scary. They are younger than me (I’m 37) and they waste money on this tit.I feel like the odd one out by not wanting it
Its getting scary how young people are getting work done. I understand if it's medically debilitating or really affects your mental health but I don't get the big, boobs, big arse, big lips craze.

I am nothing special to look at I have a few age lines due to my age my boobs and bum are average ( probably) but I don't have any desire to change them because that's not who I am.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
snap!! A whole load of women near me are getting stuff done. I’m all for choice but they’re all starting to look like each other - and surely if you’re getting fillers when you’re 27, you’re wondering what the long term effects will be??
I’m no great beauty but I don’t mind my face. It’s not perfect but it’s mine!!

edited: soz forgot to put as an OT spoiler 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

View attachment 605072

OT modibodi are great. But expensive - and I’m annoyed they are giving them to influencers for free.
And as for her trying to attach general womanhood and m to someone’s murder - words fail me. She should have a Tattle thread but I guess she isn’t interesting enough.

on topic - so do we think Jack is having a Twitter existence crisis? Can she be online and get things but simultaneously be offline and in ‘recovery’?

edit 🥕

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Its getting scary how young people are getting work done. I understand if it's medically debilitating or really affects your mental health but I don't get the big, boobs, big arse, big lips craze.

I am nothing special to look at I have a few age lines due to my age my boobs and bum are average ( probably) but I don't have any desire to change them because that's not who I am.
I find it really sad, because it seems that even in the age of the internet - when we have access to so much information, and the power to instantly connect with different cultures - beauty standards are narrower than ever.

A couple of years ago I read a comment about how rare it is nowadays for teenage girls to have short hair. I was working with teens at the time, and suddenly I couldn't unsee it. Hair must be long, just like butts must be big, and lips must look like a pair of raw sausages having sex.

Instagram is also a world where people take themselves so very seriously. I like to put up funny posts on my account, and I have friends that do too, but so many accounts are laugh-free zones. Everything has to be perfectly posed and usually free from any kind of individual personality.

(There's a Spanish word, postureo, which encompasses this culture. It's like posing, but it has a stronger meaning, and tends to be used specifically for showing off online. I can't think of a perfect English equivalent, which is a shame!)

It's also worth noting the problems that come from influencers lying about the aesthetic work they've had done, which can make impressionable followers feel so much worse. And leads us neatly back to Jack "not facetune, just sitting in a sunbeam with my soft pink curtains" Monroe...

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I find it really sad, because it seems that even in the age of the internet - when we have access to so much information, and the power to instantly connect with different cultures - beauty standards are narrower than ever.

A couple of years ago I read a comment about how rare it is nowadays for teenage girls to have short hair. I was working with teens at the time, and suddenly I couldn't unsee it. Hair must be long, just like butts must be big, and lips must look like a pair of raw sausages having sex.

Instagram is also a world where people take themselves so very seriously. I like to put up funny posts on my account, and I have friends that do too, but so many accounts are laugh-free zones. Everything has to be perfectly posed and usually free from any kind of individual personality.

(There's a Spanish word, postureo, which encompasses this culture. It's like posing, but it has a stronger meaning, and tends to be used specifically for showing off online. I can't think of a perfect English equivalent, which is a shame!)

It's also worth noting the problems that come from influencers lying about the aesthetic work they've had done, which can make impressionable followers feel so much worse. And leads us neatly back to Jack "not facetune, just sitting in a sunbeam with my soft pink curtains" Monroe...
as great as the internet is, lately I have been thinking that it wouldn’t be that bad if someone switched it off.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
OT modibodi are great. But expensive - and I’m annoyed they are giving them to influencers for free.
And as for her trying to attach general womanhood and m to someone’s murder - words fail me. She should have a Tattle thread but I guess she isn’t interesting enough.

on topic - so do we think Jack is having a Twitter existence crisis? Can she be online and get things but simultaneously be offline and in ‘recovery’?

edit 🥕
Schrodinger's Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Where are the other teenage ‘tribes’, the goths, the grungy ones, the sporty ones, the nerds, the drama students, the skateboarders, the dancers, the metalheads, the LARPers, the gamers…. I really hope they still exist and have fun in their own little bubbles and we just don’t see them because of the influencer culture that is dominating bits of social media.

I wonder what Jack was at school?

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.