Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Late to the party but...

When you're not Irish nor Greek and 2012 was your peak - that's amoooolé

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
I've made IRL friends from forums in the past. Two of my friends I met on a comedy forum in the mid 2000s.

We've seen pictures of people from this thread meeting up IRL.

It's clear the writer has zero experience of making internet friends or internet forums in general.
If I was if a mind to go out and people were willing to meet up, I’d be heading to Glasgow to meet everyone from the Vonny thread! It would be like tattleCon I’d come home with a “that moon ring is mine!” T shirt signed by @Veronicaaa

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
If I was if a mind to go out and people were willing to meet up, I’d be heading to Glasgow to meet everyone from the Vonny thread! It would be like tattleCon I’d come home with a “that moon ring is mine!” T shirt signed by @Veronicaaa
We should invent a tattle safe word we can put into conversation so we know that we know...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Looks like it was a team effort to get those film rights. Leo, his peaches, and the man himself were all involoved.

FC8E2374-703F-4CE8-A7B5-DE2B27517832.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
The Monroe code word is Slopbot, or humming “that’s a -moleeee”
I have been humming that all day, making up umpteen verses in my head 😂

I have had a terrible thought. I hope someone is looking after that rabbit properly, those garages can get stifling in the sunshine. It has been really hot these past few days. I hope that it isn't someone just calling once or twice a day to feed it and give it water. It needs to be out in the garden.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I read the article.

One thing, why do they read here?

We are a corner of the internet you have to physically Google us to find us. If they didn't read here they wouldn't know what's being said. Its kind of like listening into a conversation and hearing them saying something you don't want to hear.

Also I don't hate anyone. I just have an opinion on things and last I heard your allowed one of those.
This is one thing I will never understand either. You know you won’t like the things we say, don’t read it then. It really can be as simple as all that.

I was listening to the radio the other day and there was some influencer or other (didn’t recognise the name but I’m not really in that game) saying that he was someone who took things to heart and wished people would “think about the effect of what they wrote online” or words to that effect. Which is all very well and good but it puts all the onus on the consumer to just consume and never have an opinion unless it’s a good one.

Not one person suggested that they just didn’t read it

‘Werewolf’ has a tenuous link to perhaps my favourite Jack Monroe headline:

View attachment 604253
Did they duck!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
so, that grazia piece was written by a woman whose sole mention on this entire site is in this very thread?

who was apparently inspired to write it after taking umbrage at a random man's hinge profile?

k then...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
(He’s already said a hard no to drawing Jack like one of his French girls)
But if he did then there would have to be a tiny watermark for when the inevitable happened and they were leaked to those tabloids...

• Haha
Reactions: 32
These people are businesses. Small ones I know but they choose to monetise themselves for a job.

Imagine going to Tesco's because they didn't do what they were supposed to with a complaint.

You said oranges were half off this week but I just paid full wack and they were manky.

Please don't speak to me about it, you have hurt my feelings.

Again just because it's a big "faceless company does not make it less crap when they don't deliver what's asked of them in return for your hard earned cash.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
so, that grazia piece was written by a woman whose sole mention on this entire site is in this very thread?

who was apparently inspired to write it after taking umbrage at a random man's hinge profile?

k then...
It’s bonkers. The writer, who is so much of an influencer that she doesn’t even have a thread here, just happens to work for a PR company, who just happen to represent a quite few people who do have tattle threads 🤔

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
It’s bonkers. The writer, who is so much of an influencer that she doesn’t even have a thread here, just happens to work for a PR company, who just happen to represent a quite few people who do have tattle threads 🤔

Excellent deep research Sidey B, if that really is your name...
Tattle must be at risk of costing the industry money.

• Haha
Had a peek mink at her twitter. Lots of RTs and basically zero engagement on anything she tweets herself.

Reactions: 23
I’m so sick of this Tattle is evil and we’re nothing but trolls that keeps being peddled usually by people that secretly wish they had a thread of their own.
Whilst I don’t doubt it can’t be nice to read for the person the thread is about they aren’t forced to read if we’re all that evil why pay any attention to our opinions?

Also whilst yes there are some threads on here that are a bit far every thread I’m on people are nothing but lovely and supportive kind of like friends you’ve never met.

It’s a good job Yorkie did their “not for girls” slogan back in the early 2000’s rather than today otherwise they too would be getting shredded by the #BeKind brigade.

P.S. Sorry for going off topic Poca.

• Heart
Also people of influence really should think about what they tweet.

Nobody in my opinion has to deal with more criticism than the queen. She's has to out out Prince Harry's fires,. Charles and Diana fires, Andrews fires as well as many others.

As soon as someone makes a scene she's on it sorting it out. She has strict rules of how her family portray themselves to the public because the public funds them.

No one is perfect so when they duck up she sorts it and reminds them to behave.

People using SM for work should do the same, if they don't want the aggro. They may feel like they don't owe us nothing but in return we will give them nothing and their cushty am job will no longer exist.

Reactions: 25
I’m so sick of this Tattle is evil and we’re nothing but trolls that keeps being peddled usually by people that secretly wish they had a thread of their own.
Whilst I don’t doubt it can’t be nice to read for the person the thread is about they aren’t forced to read if we’re all that evil why pay any attention to our opinions?

Also whilst yes there are some threads on here that are a bit far every thread I’m on people are nothing but lovely and supportive kind of like friends you’ve never met.

It’s a good job Yorkie did their “not for girls” slogan back in the early 2000’s rather than today otherwise they too would be getting shredded by the #BeKind brigade.

P.S. Sorry for going off topic Poca.
The thing with these articles is that Jack is never mentioned or quoted, I’m guessing because she wants to avoid drawing attention to her threads here.
There is a thread all about it though, since Jack’s not involved it’s pretty off topic, but I find it fascinating trying to figure out the motivations behind the tattle is evil articles.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
That Grazia piece is very interesting, the more (onion) layers are peeled away from it.

I look at the front page of Tattle and don't know who most of the people are. The list of influencers is a foreign language to me, even the ones on Merseyside I possibly should be aware of.
But the thing that strikes me constantly is there are plenty more of them who DON'T have a thread here. Some even I know about. Had a nose today at some other threads just to see the tone. Some are a bit harsher than this one, but I don't tally the accusations with what is recorded. I follow enough of left wing Twitter to have seen Sali Hughes make that video, but given her field I had zero interest so scrolled past it all.
If Jack was polite to people on Twitter like Nigella is, and took interest in something other than herself, she wouldn't be interesting. Plenty of people manage to have fun, playful interactions with their followers instead of shouting them down or Elevenerifing them.

I'm pretty sure I've never written anything I wouldn't say in real life. Everyone here has been lovely and welcoming to new people. Even Max and that taxi driver initially!

TL/DR: if these people weren't dicks, this site would barely exist and just be for conspiracy theories! If you don't like your life being public, get a PAYE type job and fade into obscurity

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

I have just read it. What a load of rubbish. Do the editors of these publications realize there are two sides to every story. Why not do a bit of digging and print the other side.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.