Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FlashBoof

VIP Member
It wasn’t by Hattie Gladwell, my apologies. Was by another writer.
Speaking of Hattie Gladwell - I wonder what’s happening with HER wonderful (and overdue) book that she crowdfunded over fifteen grand for, via Unbound? I know she turned up here a while back - so she either reads or has a Google alert on her name. ‘Edits’ seem to have been happening for a very long time! Publication is still TBA. And she set up Breakdown in the meantime. I have said it before, but it’s worth repeating - internet funding for anything, be it GoFundMe, Patreon or any other, is a fucking scam on par with pyramid schemes and MLM. Tattle has done me a massive favour in ensuring I never give to these again.

Influencers and folk that monetise sympathy for their ‘battles’ belong in the same boat, for me. In fact, if you are ‘selling’ help, support and guidance for people that may well be struggling financially, as well as physically and mentally, well - it is worse, in my opinion, than selling shit make-up with photoshopped pictures.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 56

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
When I was working I was a Patreon subscriber to I podcast I loved. The host put so much in to the show and offered bonus content for patrons. It was one dollar a month ( a wee bit extra after converting AUD to Canadian). I felt it was the least I could do as thanks to him for the entertainment I received in return. That's the difference, I was paying for extra shows, not a big fat load of nothing with a heap of half-crazed tweets about shite.

• Heart
That slop is fucking rancid and that spoon stuck in it looks so grim I think it's turned up to ask about the reaping. The viscous bubbles coupled with the alarmingly pink slimy ham chunks and dusty topping are making me feel quite ill.

To confirm: the liquid from a tin of kidney beans is totally fine. It's only when cooking beans from dried that you need to worry about soaking them properly, boiling them rapidly and then cooking them long enough to make them safe. I would however still not recommend chucking the contents of a tin of beans straight into something you're cooking as I've had one tin of beans with dead flies in and one with an enormous chunk of rust. Both would still be more appealing than anything Jack has ever cooked.

• Haha
  • Sick

Lanie

VIP Member
20210606_201759.jpg
Guys wait till she sees that these are in style. I can practically hear the glee as she reaches for her bankcard.

She will be glastonbury safe forevermore.

• Haha
This is a personal hill to die on but there is no such thing as alcohol free wine or alcohol free beer, if it’s below something like 0.5% ABV they’re allowed to market it as such but it still contains alcohol?!

If it was totally alcohol free why aren’t Muslims drinking it or brands marketing to Muslim (or other non drinking religions) audiences? Like engage ur brain hun it’s cos it’s got fucking booze in it!

• Heart

MancBee

VIP Member
On a bit of a Gunk, so you've probably moved on, but I'll say it anyway.

She said she left the hammock out all winter and doesn't take it inside. She said this last summer, so we can surmise that she has had it outside for at least two winters. She even said she was going to shake the snow off it and lie on it in the snow.

Does that hammock look like it has been outside for two winters? Either it isn't left outside all year, or that's an old picture. Either way she is...wait for it...

Not being truthful.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55

Hollaaa

VIP Member
Rather than looking into what the problem was with the free school meals and have an informed opinion it was all about 'no one should want kids to be hungry', being 'raging and shaking from anger' and wanting to pull some kind of big 'gotcha' regarding one of the suppliers. So much shouting, with little effect and not offering a direct solution.
I couldn't agree more with your post, especially this bit. Rolling out a big national campaign in response to a crisis that does have to 'wash its own face' as a commercial enterprise, it's not going to be fully tested and it's not going to work right first time for everybody. It won't reach marginalised people, especially if they haven't had any input into it. But 99 times out of 100 it's going to be because of a complete lack of understanding of community engagement by a company that hasn't worked in that area before, or doesn't have good systems and processes or the right people in place. It's not because Scrooge McDuck is running the joint looking to make his next million.

And I hate to say it but if certain people are going around saying povs love and deserve 25p curly cheese and past-its-best salad bag sandwiches then they are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

• Heart

lilamay

VIP Member
I'm just loving all the squigs inadvertently exposing the fact that this isn't Jack's original idea. She must be fumin' :ROFLMAO:

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 22.39.24.png

• Haha

Dogmuck

VIP Member
I’m loving that most of the reply tweets say “yeah I’ve been doing this for years” Kinda shits on your life changing slovenly kitchen tip eh Jack? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
When your cat's half Maine Coon
And you own eighty spoons
That's a mole

When you say you're AWAY
And your béchamel neighs
That's a mole

When you jump in a skip
And sell pics of your nips
That's a mole

By the way @HotesTilaire thank you so Hotes much Hotes but I would like for it to go on the record that Jack appears to have only referenced herself as 'mama' and never her mother. I hereby submit to the court the evidence upon which I based my original wording:

mother.png

• Haha
  • Heart

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
I don't owe any influencers accountability. They're the ones selling themselves, not me. Don't lie, don't scam or steal, and don't be a total knob, and we're sweet really. Is that honestly too much to ask from what is basically a business?

• Heart
would love to know the statistics of debt in young people now and whether this can be attributed to wanting to be like some catfish on Insta.
It’s already bad, I think the official byline is young women are entering IVAs at unprecedented rates whereas previously they were the smallest demographic. I know so many women in debt or constantly carrying a Klarna balance month over month, a few who owe >100% of their pre tax annual income and have nothing of any real resell value (decent bags or cars, not Jackie investments) to show for it and they all follow thousands of people on Insta..... Because they’re constantly flooded with “luxury” lifestyle imagery on Instagram as if that’s normal for people not getting it all for free, it takes thousands of pounds and years to decorate a house not every property you live in has to be Instagrammable.

Tbh it looks as if most companies outside of fast fashion/beauty are slowing down or entirely ending influencer campaigns so fingers and toes crossed for the future.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54