Jack Monroe #192 Hoist with her own anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Twitter alright.... so you’re telling me she’s so afraid of the povertyTM that she..... fills a sizeable spare room with John Lewis boxes for the next move? No ones putting two and two together and getting comfortable grifter?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Well, who else was stupid enough once again to think this break might see a genuine change in Jack? Hahah! Back with the same old tit, I almost can't believe it. Changing rooms again! Filming it! Which means she planned the content for Twitter. Posted it all really frantically too didn't she? Delicious dopamine.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
It's the same house/ crappy bungalow. I am wondering if the kitchen has lino that she ripped up/ put back.

Why keep moving her office if she has that spare room? So she has a room for her and one for SB and one for BB and one for spare?

Reactions: 24
See if you can furnish an entire new room with bits you had lying around the rest of the house YOU OWN TOO MUCH bleeping SHITE.
My thoughts exactly, I've lived in my house for 12 years. I also impulse buy tit from charity shops and have a slight hoarding tendency but even I couldn't just magic up a bed, a couple of sideboards, a few bookcases, a couple of dozen books, 2 big rugs and random assorted crap like that.

How long has she lived in that house?

Is this the unit? Via wayfair.
Noooooooooo! I assumed it was a find from an antique shop and now I want to splurge almost £300 on a lovely set of impractical drawers which I have no space for!
View attachment 597008

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The sleigh looks quite old so I am thinking it is from her peripatetic childhood.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Party central round here lads. How are they STILL up playing cricket in the street?

You know what? I may order a load of shite from JL, just to get the boxes, move my entire house around and film it at warp speed just for shits and giggles (then return said items).

The only problem is I have no fugly trainers, I refuse to wear shoes in the house and I would have to steal the neighbour’s floof (😎).

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I can't find the post but I saw someone say that SB was not of doodling-on-the-walls age since they've lived at bungalow de crappy. What the heck? Either a straight up lie because she thinks it's cool to complain about having a kid, or he actually was in the spare room full of tit drawing on the walls for entertainment at mamapapas house age 9+. Maybe out of sheer boredom after she shredded all his DW books.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I have had a look at the "unfuck your habitat" website. (Ooooooo how radical and edgy using swear words for your website)

Do people need to be told how to do even the most simple thing these days? I swear there is going to be a website on how to wipe your arse (please don't tell me there already is one)

It is full of pearls of wisdom such as...
"your home is untidy because either you haven't put things away, or you don't have a place to put things"
"If you wash up the kitchen will be tidier"
"throw away things you don't use"
"take your laundry out of the drier (not everyone can afford one but 🤷‍♂️ ) and put them straight away, don't put them in a basket", no mention of ironing.

I have never seen such a load of old tosh purporting to be good advice. And of course Jack thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread, even though we have seen her do umpteen makeovers of various rooms (not forgetting the shed) without ever once mentioning "unfuck your habitat".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
I kept hoping jack would come back but I regret it now. Make her go again 🙁

why is she so boring? Why does she have a sleigh in her bedroom? Why does she wear such big trainers? Why has she spent the first nice weather day of the year inside moving furniture?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Is this all her way of telling us that SHE LEFT again?

BTW Jack, moving a pile of tit from one room to another is not really tidying. HTH!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I don’t get the John Lewis boxes Boris joke.

Why is she raging, did SHE LEAVE again?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It’s just another manic Monday...whoah oo whoah

So have I got this right:

* She has returned to the crappy bungalow with a plan to film herself emptying the spare room. And because we were unable to tell from the vid, she pointed out she was in a mood (or when we were at school we would’ve said “Jack is in a rage-y, put her in a cage-y”) but alas nobody took the bait and asked.

* If that is the crappy bungalow, we can only assume that the rent was being paid whilst she was at the aparthotel. We know the rent is £1000+ per month for the 3/4 bedroom non-crappy bungalow and she appeared to have been at the aparthotel for a number of weeks. Pricey.

* I don’t know if there’s is such a thing as NHS treatment centres for addiction in her area/London but if there is, I can only imagine the length of the waiting list. Because we identified a number of ‘incidents’ that could’ve triggered a stint in rehab (if she was of course there, speculating natch) and they weren’t that long ago, I don’t think it is that egregious to think she attended a private programme at short notice. A pricey private programme probably.

Now we all know Jack will wail “you don’t want me to have anything” but as a person who has somehow managed to make a career out of not being poor, I shall be watching carefully where she goes from here in terms of her shtick. My own view is that perhaps a well-meaning friend or family member may have helped her with recent costs but that leaves a glaring question - well glaring to me - in recent times she has carefully painted the picture that she could only afford £20 food shops - why aren’t the Squigs not wondering why this person wasn’t able to lend her money to make sure her poor son didn’t get bollock sausages and Smart Price crisps? Don’t they notice that someone with that many rooms isn’t living in a crappy bungalow but a lovely big one?

IMO, the minute you profess to live your life ‘on a bootstrap’ and introduce tip jars, patreons etc then you should be open to scrutiny about your spending habits

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Is this all her way of telling us that SHE LEFT again?

BTW Jack, moving a pile of tit from one room to another is not really tidying. HTH!
Exactly. Perhaps we should all look forward the next time lapse video, the one where she moves all the same tit out of the room she just threw it into to..

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I don’t get the John Lewis boxes Boris joke.

Why is she raging, did SHE LEAVE again?
I don't get the Boris joke either.
I also found it amusing she still keeps up the 'I'm so scared of being poor again' stuff whilst storing everything in her garage. Now I know having a garage isn't a barometer of wealth but she lives in a large house with masses of stuff, lovely garden and a garage. I don't get what is poor about that.
Or why tidying a room required The Poverty© back story.

Reactions: 40
I have had a look at the "unfuck your habitat" website. (Ooooooo how radical and edgy using swear words for your website)

Do people need to be told how to do even the most simple thing these days? I swear there is going to be a website on how to wipe your arse (please don't tell me there already is one)

It is full of pearls of wisdom such as...
"your home is untidy because either you haven't put things away, or you don't have a place to put things"
"If you wash up the kitchen will be tidier"
"throw away things you don't use"
"take your laundry out of the drier (not everyone can afford one but 🤷‍♂️ ) and put them straight away, don't put them in a basket", no mention of ironing.

I have never seen such a load of old tosh purporting to be good advice. And of course Jack thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread, even though we have seen her do umpteen makeovers of various rooms (not forgetting the shed) without ever once mentioning "unfuck your habitat".
Yes, a lot of people do genuinely struggle with household routines and management.

I'm autistic, the stereotype is someone who is obsessively organised but many of us are at the opposite end of the scale and struggle with any kind of routine. If you add in people with ADHD, Depression, hoarding tendencies, people who grew up in bad environments and any other combination of life factors then there is a genuine need for these type of books and apps. It takes what seems overwhelming and breaks it down into more manageable steps.

What seems like basic life skills and easy to the majority really is a big struggle for a lot of people, even people who seem ok on the surface.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I don’t know if there’s is such a thing as NHS treatment centres for addiction in her area/London
It does, that area is unique/special in that there are a handful of amazing services (ETA - that really help the most vulnerable people in society not MC whingers) in a relatively small area. There’s no way she would have be eligible for them, also don’t think she knows they exist so hasn’t been smart enough to sad fish for that stuff so alongside respecting their work I won’t say anymore as she’s so incredibly toxic the last thing the ppl working & volunteering there need is abuse off her on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.