Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK my dear lovely fraus, this is what constitutes for an amazing Saturday night, chez Carmina Piranha. Below are just some of Jacks engagements that I could find, only going back to 2014. This is not all of them, though...just what I could find!
I remember her whining in the past she often only got paid a fiver for some of these gigs, and maybe dinner expenses...but what I've listed has some sort of reimbursement.
Sorry @Pocahontas if this is too long. But like I said yesterday, it's an astounding list....

Waterstones
Edinburgh International Book Festival
Book a Bookshop
BookGig
DRAKE - The Bookshop
Magic Breakfast
LADA
Wellcome Collection
British Library
Arts Council
Oxford THS
Trussell Trust
Child Poverty Action Group
Plan Zheroes
The Food Chain
Fortnum and Mason
Observer Food Monthly
Marie Claire
YMCA
Red Magazine
The Labour Party
National Farmers Union
The Connection at St Martin's in the Fields
The Orwell Foundation
Ilkley Literary Festival
Essex University
Birmingham University
Women for Women
Naked Productions
BBC radio 4
Edexcel
Dept of Education
Literacy Trust
Octopus Energy
Manchester Food and Drink Festival
Hay Festival
BBC Radio 4 Any Questions
BBC 1 Question Time
Brighton and Hove Food Partnership
CERG
UCAS
Unicef
Bristol University Press
Food Research Collaboration
Eastbourne Eco Networks
De Montford University
British Science Association
Warwick University
Poverty Alliance
Bristol University Press
Church Action on Poverty
Del Monte
Hellmans
Sainsburys
Linda McCartney
Edinburgh Wellbeing Festival
Guardian
Royal Court
Real Junk Food Project
WiFi for
Tin Can Supper Club
Groupon
Canned Food UK
What about GQ magazine? I doubt she did that little gig for her love and admiration of Marcus

Reactions: 39
You've got to buy the chicken from the corner shop just before you make the recipe. Ideally, five minutes before you're supposed to be on livestream. Don't forget to postpone at the last minute too for the full JM experience.
Yeah and when you’re ready to serve, start 10 minutes after you’re due to dish up then say “we’ll wait another 5 minutes in case anyone else joins us”

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Silly squiggle, Jack is so anti-bus that she even had a section of her weird performative COVID rules list about people on public transport being 'gross'. Apparently that doesn't apply to trains though. It's a well known fact that the floors on trains are so sparklingly clean that even in the depths of a pandemic you can howl and claw at them to retrieve a branded product and not even need any hand sanitiser afterwards.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
I joined these threads fairly early but have never seen the first one...
View attachment 575550
Oh sweet @emmer_moans... your observation was correct! Fast forward nearly 200 threads later and we can add a few more things 🤣
Look at all of you OGs - I am but a newly fledged frau in comparison. I think at that point I had just bought a book - THE SHAME

@MancBee forgive my ignorance but what’s this interesting looking thing in your beautiful cutlery drawer?
It’s a whisk (to confirm Poca) - sometimes bits get stuck in it if you make sauce with chunky peanut butter - a recent dishwashing frustration

• Haha
Reactions: 37
In the Times today there was a really interesting article about a Twitter spat between a chef that I'd never actually heard of, called Alison Roman, and Chrissy Teigen, which resulted in the chef being... cancelled (according to the article).

I do wonder if Jack chooses targets with a desire to do the same

And another thing.... I went to sainsburys tonight, and it was quite windy. Saw my blue disposable mask flutter in front of me, picked it up, put it on....then put my hand in my pocket and found...my actual own mask....🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 91
@MancBee forgive my ignorance but what’s this interesting looking thing in your beautiful cutlery drawer?
It’s a magic whisk. Wonderful little gadget for whipping up vinaigrettes in seconds, plus it’s very good for the first stages of adding milk to a roux, it emulsifies ingredients very quickly. Best £2 I ever spent

• Heart
  • Wow
And another thing.... I went to sainsburys tonight, and it was quite windy. Saw my blue disposable mask flutter in front of me, picked it up, put it on....then put my hand in my pocket and found...my actual own mask....🤢
Praise LJC you’re a faceless ninny, germs can’t attack if there’s nothing to attack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Found this on the tube whilst non-mendaciously browsing for something else

• Haha
  • Sick
There was a TEDxNHS
... where she opens with an anecdote about rheumatoid arthritis. Speaking of which, what a miraculous, science-defying recovery she seems to have made from that particular debilitating condition.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.