Jack Monroe #19 Is it a show? Miguel's not sure. I am Jack, hear me ROAR!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no I got distracted making a coffee and bloody missed it! Looks like it was as awkward as we all expected...i will be patiently waiting for the next twitter rant then

Any acknowledgement of The Foot Injury??

Reactions: 4
Practice? 😂😂😂
Forgive me, I spoke to soon. The first 10 seconds looked like it was going well. The set up was aesthetically pleasing and she wasn’t too manic...which in her defence kind of shows that if she ran through it a few times she could be better.

When I say run through, I mean put a timer on and actually deliver the segment as if it is live. She would then know the pasta wouldn’t cook and that prechopping veg and having one blended ready would make the whole thing less chaotic.

Reactions: 8
Oh no I got distracted making a coffee and bloody missed it! Looks like it was as awkward as we all expected...i will be patiently waiting for the next twitter rant then

Not that I remember but someone has helpfully uploaded it all on Page 52 so you can watch with your coffee (you’ll need it).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

Nope. Not even limping......

• Wow
Reactions: 10
So wait, what WAS the dish? I watched the segment but it was so rushed it was hard to figure out, blended green leaves and some shaved courgette? I didn't know the big white lumps were feta

Why are people mentioning chicken?

When I say run through, I mean put a timer on and actually deliver the segment as if it is live. She would then know the pasta wouldn’t cook and that prechopping veg and having one blended ready would make the whole thing less chaotic.
I do this reasonably often just for work, when I know I only have a couple of minutes in a v busy meeting to make my point. It settles me, and helps to hide my natural lack of professionalism.

It's like watching a terrible school play, you want to see her do well but it's just awful.

I think the first time Eamonn said anything was laughing at her for saying it was cooked

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So wait, what WAS the dish? I watched the segment but it was so rushed it was hard to figure out, blended green leaves and some shaved courgette? I didn't know the big white lumps were feta

Also the bowl made it hard to see, she should’ve used a plate surely

I do this reasonably often just for work, when I know I only have a couple of minutes in a v busy meeting to make my point. It settles me, and helps to hide my natural lack of professionalism.
Me too, and once you do it you really understand the value in it. I honestly think if she did this she could be so much better.

Reactions: 6
Not a TV chef but she should have:
* Had the pasta cooked & drained, no one needs a run through of that. And Twitter is right, it didn't even bend.
* Had a bowl of ~jullianed (however its spelt) courgette and then done 1 or 2 to show how you do that easily
* Live spritzed the leaves on TV for a bit of animation

Mixed it altogether for her 3 minute segment...

Although why the duck they've commissioned a 'cook' to come on and do a basic pasta recipe is beyond me? Why not do a biscuit-y dessert if it's biscuit day? A friday treat?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Initially Eamon said she was doing the pasta dish accompanied by some sort of chicken. Clearly ran out of time waiting for the pasta to boil!

• Wow
I just skipped through it - the moment where she drained the raw pasta made me actually gasp. I am so embarrassed for her omg. She is awful. Imagine needing that much encouragement on a live tv show when you've been in the biz for nearly a decade!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
This would have been such a good time to be chatty, relate to home, relate to her new book, talk about the food SCIENCE that she bleats on about.

But no, uncooked pasta and awkward silence.

Cool.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.