Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ATE (SOME) OF THE BREAD

Like @PoorPatrol experienced with the Scuffins, it was both burnt and strangely undercooked all in one bite. No flavour at all. The texture of a wet sponge, and even with that sliminess it was a bastard to swallow.

Do not recommend.

IMG_3684.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
That bread is looking like something from a goosebumps book, wouldn't be surprised if it's already consumed OB and begun posting on their behalf

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Just to check.
When Jack Monroe advises to 'oil your hands' when making the bread, I'm presuming Oil of Olay would be acceptable?
Oil is oil is oil and all that.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Just to check.
When Jack Monroe advises to 'oil your hands' when making the bread, I'm presuming Oil of Olay would be acceptable?
Oil is oil is oil and all that.
Motor oil is my preference.

Jack could just run her hands through her unwashed hair.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Ooh, butter. Plenty of it (POB). Check you out. Bet you have diamonds on the soles of your shoes and dollar bills for napkins.
No tubs of golden magic in my fridge, it's fake vegan butter! (The bread is so dense and moist it still didn't melt in at all even though it was still warm. ergh)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
No tubs of golden magic in my fridge, it's fake vegan butter! (The bread is so dense and moist it still didn't melt in at all even though it was still warm. ergh)
I take it back, I didn’t realise you were [insert percentage here] vegan. Don’t blame the spread for not wanting to melt into and become any part of that bread imposter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Jack appears to be having a proper social media break. I’m hoping it is just a mental health break.
as much as she is a complete melter when she is here I hope all is well with her as I wouldn’t want her to be seriously ill.
Hopefully it is just a piss and sandwich break x.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Jack appears to be having a proper social media break. I’m hoping it is just a mental health break.
as much as she is a complete melter when she is here I hope all is well with her as I wouldn’t want her to be seriously ill.
Hopefully it is just a piss and sandwich break x.
She was on there like a flash to set up the tip jar, mind. Call me skeptical...

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
The masochist in me kind of wants to make a Jack recipe too. I do have a lot of weird tins in my cupboard.

I went to look at her recipe page and she actually did the vegan chicken thing! I must have missed it when I was grunkaing. It’s the wordiest recipe I’ve ever seen in my life.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I ATE (SOME) OF THE BREAD

Like @PoorPatrol experienced with the Scuffins, it was both burnt and strangely undercooked all in one bite. No flavour at all. The texture of a wet sponge, and even with that sliminess it was a bastard to swallow.

Do not recommend.

View attachment 570350
I’ve been waiting for the bread to be bought up again. This is all I can think about with Jack’s bread...

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It’s less than a week old, I followed it immediately (I couldn’t help myself)
Have Vonny and twit ever met? I'd really love to be a fly on that wall; never mind elevenerifing, they'd be up to a hundrederifing each other if not more over ailments and ethnicities alone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.