Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hopefully it'll soothe your soul to know all the slimy bread I threw out for the birds this morning was mostly gone just now as we walked pass again. Some poor feathered fucker was game. So not a complete waste xxx

(Jack Monroe; Wildlife ambassador)
They will come back for vengeance and shit all over your car.

Reactions: 39
I predict she will come up with something based on shakshuka next
Tinned tomatoes and slimy raw eggs with a pinch of mixed herbs and softy soft cheap white bread. I can't wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32
Hoping the pixie is recovering well, however didn't she say that her drs were predicting her to be better by Tuesday? Hope everything is going to plan pet.

Reactions: 24
If you can’t find drain hair, cat hair will do just as well

Reactions: 32
I thought that was Tuesday last week? Or am I just confused?

I have POCH (Plenty of Cat Hair) should anyone need it, ping me an email.

mcm@susanpooh.hair4dayz.au

PS I'm going to make Shakshuka on the weekend, looks amazing

Reactions: 34
Loving all the science experiments guys, thanks so much for the laughs!!

Reactions: 30
She already did! https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2019/03/30/shakshuka-recipe/

My favourite quote? “It’s not because I’m actually fancy, it’s because some of the most basic cooking skills are my Achilles heel, and I’m probably never going to get them right.”

I mean, you could learn some love. You’ve had a decade.

Reactions: 64
I want to take back what I said about beans being a good substitute for potato in soup. They are not. I have been suffering. Things like that usually don't bother me. I will definitely not be touching the kombucha if a recipe emerges.

Reactions: 56
How the FUCK did I miss this?

Reactions: 30
She breaks in the eggs and then boils for 2 minutes, then reduces heat to medium for another 5 with a lid on. And the egg yolks are runny? Don't think so.

Reactions: 41
literal food expert unable to poach eggs and using "sloppy" twice in a recipe

mmm... appetising

Reactions: 40
She’s read here too much and has internalised ‘slop’

edit spelling fail
Maybe she's trying to reclaim the slur?

Sadly most of these recipes pre-date the cabal, which suggests that Jack genuinely believes that describing her food as slop, comparing it to a puddle of vomit, etc, is a good thing.

YOU'RE IN YOUR THIRTIES. I know Jack is the kind of person who uses "adult" as a verb, but come on, "teehee I'm so financially incompetent" has never been a good look.

Also...when she was so poor she sold the lightbulbs and kept the fridge turned off, she never bothered to read up about keeping costs down? Really?

Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.