Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohh but she is on SM. It must be killing her not to be posting. I bet she can't wait to make some comments on Twitter in response to the fun we've been having.
I can definitely sense the stirrings of a distant chaos. One more cabal recipe attempt ought to do it. Bagsie not me.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
@Hollaaa you brave Frau the canal salutes you!
Now put all the sloup in a Pyrex jug and get a straw and film yourself downing it against the wishes of your gag reflex. Or do what we do in our family with soup which went wrong, and bury it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
The marshy green slop is living up to its name, and at the time of the photo was about halfway through the sloppening.
I've added a fancy chicken jelly stock pot to mine, and 250ml of water.
View attachment 570872
I can hear sirens and I'm concerned someone has reported me for crimes against onions.
I KNOW this is far too early but can I make an illegal bid for ‘Jack Monroe #190 - the sloppening’ as the next thread title pleeeeeeaaaasssseeeee?!

• Haha
Reactions: 67
That soup is something else. Makes pond algae look appetising.
Some food tastes better than it looks, I don't suspect that is the case for any recipe of Jack's. Any feedback we have seen from those that have tried them have at best been feint praise, the worst, damning...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She's also written that buying pre-packaged is cheaper than buying loose when that's literally the opposite of the truth. Almost as though she knows nothing about anything.
NDJB (Not defending Jack but) I can get a bag of carrots in a discount supermarket (they don't sell loose ones) for cheaper than just a couple in Sainsbury's. Same with nectarines, peppers, oranges and quite a few other things. I sometimes can't take advantage of this because I can't carry them, and I sometimes don't if I know they will be wasted. But we know she doesn't shop in discount supermarkets so this entire post is all a big irrelevant waste of time.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
You forgot hoops, which only need heating, not boiling/simmering until they become mush
The biggest mystery of all, why rinse hoops when pasta is so cheap and quick to cook. Out of a tin of hoops the biggest value is in the sauce that she recommends rinsing away. Surely those on an extremely low budget shouldn't been flushing calories down the sink?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Exactly! And it's not like pasta isn't given as a staple in most food bank parcels?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Anyone else getting Walk This Way stuck in their head? You ain't seen nothin' till you're down on the scuffin...
Beat me to it!

this dough is horrified at its own existence

View attachment 570048

kinda reminds me of the "#excluded rishi mate" selfie
This isn't her out of control labia, is it??

This may of replaced The Human Centipede as the most disturbing thing I’ve seen.
oh my feckin god. That's actually rank. How much does she charge her Patrons for private viewings of her doing/drinking shite like that?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I need to bring the one on the left to a rolling boil. Cold water + stock cube = good idea? Jack suggests using frozen spinach because tinned tastes 'grassy'. I couldn't find any tinned spinach to test that theory out.

On the right I'm cooking off onions and 4 cloves of garlic in profligate and fancy French butter, like some kind of bad poor. Excuse the state of the Le Creuset, darlings. View attachment 570825
My le Creuset looks the same, (same colour as well).

Reactions: 18
Slop update from my husband on his return from work: "what the duck have you been attempting to cook? Why has the dishwasher been on? Is it still in the house? I thought it was the bins".

• Haha
Reactions: 65
I love the Cabal Cookery programme, it's just taken over from motivational posters as my first place internal chaos. If this doesn't bring Jack back to Twitter with the fury of a thousand soft wool suns, I don't know what will. Commendations for all our brave and intrepid frauen willing to sacrifice perfectly good ingredients and their own digestive tracts🎖 Vlad will reward you handsomely.

I'd also like to add that I spent a good two minutes trying to work out what kind of train chaos @Captainmouse was having at 7AM with owl champagne until I realised it was a representation of hooting and fizzing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.