Jack Monroe #188 Jack sits on a train of lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eva Green is one of those actors I can't take my eyes off when she's on screen. Classic beauty, hypnotic even.

Jack is not unattractive but she's not Eva Green or Ruby Rose. Maybe Lily Allen if I had my glasses on back to front.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Good morning from *still on the red list* disappointed no election Jack chat. There was a chaos in the local elections when I’m from and all the independents are going to have to work together. Jack is suited to local politics- big fish in a small pond and all that.

Reactions: 33
So, meanwhile in Ireland the other day, a well known political columnist from the Irish Times was fired, with immediate effect, for being revealed to be behind a number of sock puppet accounts — and now Twitter have suspended the accounts too. Nine of them!!

As a writer I really like says:

7C3561BE-AE42-4A3F-ABFD-AF9EE0304286.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 91
make sure none of it is touching, to help it dry evenly, but perhaps this is my meticulous nature more than anything else.' The photo:

View attachment 564446
This is just perfection @lilamay - it has really made me laugh and is just quintessential Jack.

The huge void between the fictionalised version of herself she has created in her head, versus the reality of who she actually is and what she actually does, is one of her biggest problems and one of the main reasons I am here.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Maybe it’s Ruby Rose’s sock puppet account? Or Eva Green’s, since Jack gets told they look like her??
Jack actually said that people say they look like Eva Green! This is Eva Green 😍 I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, looks are subjective, and truly not as important as we’re lead to believe, it’s just that... they look nothing alike!

View attachment 564473
Sidey B, please! A little decorum.
5BAB47EB-330C-48AE-981E-9FDDACC027F6.jpeg

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 73
Time to relaunch the Bosh & Briscoe Kitchen Disco 🕺 I think, @LennyBriscoe and @Harrybosch — only that will restore the clarity of thinking for the cabal’s top detective minds in these terrible times!
When, now? Or later this evening?

Either way, deffo!

(vaccine number 1 weekend for us so it’s party time north of the Wall 🎉 🎈 🎊)

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I was thinking last night, and this is purely speculation your honour but if for any reason SB has gone to live with his dad forever,
Have you not seen Blue Velvet?
No...is it a film? Mr Lenny despairs at the amount of films I haven’t seen. Sometimes he’ll look at me and whisper “you haven’t even seen the Shawshank Redemption”, disappointment pooling his eyes...oh sorry, I turned into Jack there

Time to relaunch the Bosh & Briscoe Kitchen Disco 🕺 I think, @LennyBriscoe and @Harrybosch — only that will restore the clarity of thinking for the cabal’s top detective minds in these terrible times!
I definitely need an urgent refresher and quick!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
No...is it a film? Mr Lenny despairs at the amount of films I haven’t seen. Sometimes he’ll look at me and whisper “you haven’t even seen the Shawshank Redemption”, disappointment pooling his eyes...oh sorry, I turned into Jack there
Yes.

Think of Twin Peaks* on speed.

*singing the TP theme in head all day now.

** OT sorry for using * like a Jack twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Blue Velvet gave me a headache.

Approach it like you would one of Jack's recipe books. Vewy vewy cautiously.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
All I can say with certainty is that yesterday's double denim was a moment of madness and that I'm ready for kitchen disco action. Crank up the tunes and scramble some tofu, Lenny. It's time to dance!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
this is not the old Peaky Mink account this is Peeky Mink version 2.
There was never "Peaky Mink", the sock was always Peeky_Mink. Apparently it takes 3 - 6 months after deactivation for a username to become available again. Perhaps Jack is back, or perhaps the handle was taken by Eamonn Holmes' cousin or a friendly taxi driver...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55

I definitely need an urgent refresher and quick!!
I haven’t seen it either. Or any of the Godfathers.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Q
She made orange peel salt though!

In the recipe she writes 'Line your baking tray with greaseproof or baking paper, and place the orange peel on it. Try to make sure none of it is touching, to help it dry evenly, but perhaps this is my meticulous nature more than anything else.' The photo:

View attachment 564446

She did also do an orange, turmeric and ginger juice. In the recipe, she writes 'Mrs J declared that it was very similar to a high street branded orange, ginger and turmeric shot, and I just smiled and said thankyou'. Don't all orange, ginger and turmeric juices taste similar?!
No idea I don't think I would like it. Any of it.

Yes and I have a face and two eyes!!!
No you don't she told us we don't, stop dreaming petal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.