Jack Monroe #188 Jack sits on a train of lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do her hands look so, so grubby though? Is she using some kind of filter? They look like working man's hands, how and why?! I know I've commented on their hands before I I find them baffling.... I don't think it's the RA, that gives characteristic knuckles. These just look mucky and gnarly.
She does look like she's just came in from picking said oranges of the tree. My kid was 2 month early and his skin especially in his hands is softer than anyone I have ever came across. Her hands remind me of my father in law's, he's a gardener and sometimes his hands when he comes back from a day's work look like that ( with ground in dirt. He had to take a special soap to them to get them looking clean.

Reactions: 23
The picture of Jack’s oranges all dumped on a tray and then the wording of spreading them apart because she’s so -meticulous- say everything you need to know about her. She really thinks people just take her we’d for things she says and doesn’t expect them to use any critical thinking or their eyes!

Reactions: 36
heated trifle?

Got a recipe for that?
No doubt Jack has one. And if she didn't her maverick brain would make one. It would be horrible, but she would declare it the best hot trifle ever (like hot trifle would ever be a thing.)

ETA I should have Googled it, hot trifle IS a thing :oops:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I know this is horribly OT and I’m a new Frau on this thread. But. Can I please just say this... I’m in the worst place of my horribly (late thirties) adult life. And stumbling across the cabal has actually meant quite a lot to me, because a group of strangers have actually made me smile and laugh out loud. So without sounding like a sad fishing thunder bleep, I just wanted to express my thanks to all of you. Ahem. I’ll stop now.

No really.I’ll stop.

In other ‘news’ Jack is a menace to society and a terrible wanker xxx
I have to agree with you. I lurk more than post. I'm disabled and sometimes, I can't type or embroider anything but I read and laugh at all your sense of humour and friendliness.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
No doubt Jack has one. And if she didn't her maverick brain would make one. It would be horrible, but she would declare it the best hot trifle ever (like hot trifle would ever be a thing.)

@MancBee normally I like and agree with your posts but hot trifle can’t be a thing. I refuse to believe it and I will not google it because you must be lying!

Did anyone catch what she added to her insta story? I saw the notification within 2 mins and it had already gone.
It might not have been anything. I’ve seen a few different people it’s happened to recently and over on the Jade Billington thread someone said it’s a current Instagram glitch.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Hot Swiss trifle is indeed a thing. I remember they did it on Blue Peter once, my mum thought it sounded wonderful and insisted on making it. It was rank, but my siblings liked it so we had it many times, much to my horror.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Hot sponge, hot fruit, hot custard - fine. Hot JELLY AND CREAM? Not on my watch!

• Haha
Hot sponge, hot fruit, hot custard - fine. Hot JELLY AND CREAM? Not on my watch!
I’ve been thinking about this since heated trifle was first mentioned, and reached the same conclusion. However, my brain didn’t want to stop there and so I realised that ‘Hot jelly and hot cream’ sounds like the title of a grubby VHS :sick:

Apologies for inflicting this on the cabal!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
But there is no such thing as hot jelly 🥺 it only become jelly once it’s cold and it sets, before that it’s hot fruit juice/squash

• Haha
Reactions: 30
If ever there was an activity for a rainy day, it's working out just how hot you can get a previously-cold jelly before it melts...

Boy oh boy am I good at putting off cleaning my home.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
@MancBee normally I like and agree with your posts but hot trifle can’t be a thing. I refuse to believe it and I will not google it because you must be lying!
According to BBC Good Food it is a Scottish recipe. Anyone north of the border like to comment?

ETA Hold your horses, it says it is baked and then cooled and left in the fridge overnight. But there are recipes that are called hot trifle with meringue on top instead of cream.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
According to BBC Good Food it is a Scottish recipe. Anyone north of the border like to comment?

ETA Hold your horses, it says it is baked and then cooled and left in the fridge overnight. But there are recipes that are called hot trifle with meringue on top instead of cream.
Never heard of it fella but I couldn’t cook my way out a paper bag so 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
A53A9771-9456-430C-B193-DEF0A4E672BF.jpeg

Ha, this is in the book I'm currently reading. Even when I'm not on Tattle it's invading my life.

(The book is An Isolated Incident by JD Kirk)

• Haha
Reactions: 47

My

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Did anyone catch what she added to her insta story? I saw the notification within 2 mins and it had already gone.
Edit - I hope it wasn’t accidental nudes again!
Maybe a whiny request for an Insta tip button.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.