Jack Monroe #188 Jack sits on a train of lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Later that day, poor Caroline was ‘treated’ to this monstrosity as Jack was pretending to be running a restaurant in her living room like when she played dress-up in Allegra’s professional kitchen. Rumour has it that her hands haven’t been seen since.

View attachment 569081
So poor Caroline no-hands had abominable soup for breakfast AND lunch?! Her poor stomach. As someone else said, no wonder she ran at the first sniff of a pandemic.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Jesus, that’s an abomination.
Can you imagine being woken up to that.
Re her most awful dishes. The whole of the Christmas lunch. Which I think demonstrates how much they hates food and cooking and possibly doesn’t care for loved ones much either.
Although, I suspect they were tucking into a full Waitrose delivery.
The claim that she didn’t make roasties and NO ONE MINDED has to be the biggest Jack lie ever!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
(From 2016)

I'm calling the police for crimes against risotto.
20210511_115846.jpg
It's so... wet. And with mandarins chucked in 🤢

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
How does she makes peas look bad!! They're perfectly round and cute and those in that alleged rice dish look like the ones found at the bottom of the freezer. Wrinkled and freezer burned. Hands of death when it comes to food, fair dinkum.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
The day she posts a photo of a burger & chips I will be shooketh. I love a good stew or a one pot dish but not for every single meal.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Later that day, poor Caroline was ‘treated’ to this monstrosity as Jack was pretending to be running a restaurant in her living room like when she played dress-up in Allegra’s professional kitchen. Rumour has it that her hands haven’t been seen since.

View attachment 569081
These legit look like a corpse’s hands, I get leaning into our flaws / keeping Insta real but could do without seeing them.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I wonder if Jack is bingeing The Pursuit of Love? I bet Nancy Mitford is right up their alley, and the main character is the daughter of a baron, after all. Sample quote: "There's no such thing as poverty, just people who are bad at their jobs and idle".
Edit: there is an insufferable turquoise-haired character named Pixie.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I wonder if Jack is bingeing The Pursuit of Love? I bet Nancy Mitford is right up their alley, and the main character is the daughter of a baron, after all. Sample quote: "There's no such thing as poverty, just people who are bad at their jobs and idle"
I imagine Jack reading Jeanette Winterson. Same ego, same annihilatingly boring prose.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Can’t remember which person with hands thought that Jack may have inherited their hands from their dad, who also has hands. These are Jack’s dad’s hands holding a trifle.

1AF563FA-DF25-4554-9F11-C1D22A28D569.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
That bowl is half empty! Make it reach the top or use a smaller one! Also, chocolate sprinkles on a fruit trifle? Make it make sense.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Ok I have had a thought, If I had mushrooms, and onion perhaps maybe an egg( just one mind) I'd make a dinky omelette.
Never ever ever would I think soup.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The day she posts a photo of a burger & chips I will be shooketh. I love a good stew or a one pot dish but not for every single meal.
You're giving me flashbacks to the kidney bean, carrot and cumin burger from her first book. They were sloppy and basically tasted like cumin and not much else.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.